Verdun is free on EGS

yea I played a few rounds too. I like realistic shooters but the auto fill with bots is dumb :ben:   just join full 64 servers :ben: 

7 hours ago, kaz said:

yea I played a few rounds too. I like realistic shooters but the auto fill with bots is dumb :ben:   just join full 64 servers :ben: 

My 2nd match was all human players and needless to say I got my ass handed to me :D Getting hit anywhere in the torso (even with a pistol) is an automatic kill so its tough to get through no man's land given how fragile you are.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

My 2nd match was all human players and needless to say I got my ass handed to me :D Getting hit anywhere in the torso (even with a pistol) is an automatic kill so its tough to get through no man's land given how fragile you are.

yea, i played more as well. I really like the game, apparently the classes actually do something. when you have a pistol and binoculars to let your team know where they defend/or gonna flank.

a pistol torso kill shot needs to be pretty close tho. weapon damage falls off over distance of course, even rifles aren't a kill at a certain distance anymore. 

But man, this gmae is so much fun, I realized aiming and staying locked on your target to make sure you hit is not a good idea sometimes, so I started doing these super fast movements wheneever i spot someone in the distance and just take my shots really fast,  

i really dig the realistic movements. bf infantry gets old to me really quick because everyone runs a marathon in under a minute, bf needs stamina bar at least😐

43 minutes ago, kaz said:

yea, i played more as well. I really like the game, apparently the classes actually do something. when you have a pistol and binoculars to let your team know where they defend/or gonna flank.

a pistol torso kill shot needs to be pretty close tho. weapon damage falls off over distance of course, even rifles aren't a kill at a certain distance anymore. 

But man, this gmae is so much fun, I realized aiming and staying locked on your target to make sure you hit is not a good idea sometimes, so I started doing these super fast movements wheneever i spot someone in the distance and just take my shots really fast,  

i really dig the realistic movements. bf infantry gets old to me really quick because everyone runs a marathon in under a minute, bf needs stamina bar at least😐

I was definitely able to get a few kills with the revolver from across the map :D maybe they were just lucky shots. 

BF is a different game though. A stamina bar wouldn't really work that well because theres a lot of distance between control points so constantly having to stop to save stamina would have a negative effect on the pacing.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I was definitely able to get a few kills with the revolver from across the map :D maybe they were just lucky shots. 

BF is a different game though. A stamina bar wouldn't really work that well because theres a lot of distance between control points so constantly having to stop to save stamina would have a negative effect on the pacing.

Nah, BF could use a stamina bar that limits sprinting jsut like in BF2. I know it wont happen because they want to make the cod bois happy but I wish they would slower the pace to make it more tactical.

B2T: was lucky and could flank a few people, i got in position and just shot 5 or so people one after another :ben:  this game gives you some real oppurtunites sometimes

the "forest" maps are the best, they look and play amazing

41 minutes ago, kaz said:

Nah, BF could use a stamina bar that limits sprinting jsut like in BF2. I know it wont happen because they want to make the cod bois happy but I wish they would slower the pace to make it more tactical.

B2T: was lucky and could flank a few people, i got in position and just shot 5 or so people one after another :ben:  this game gives you some real oppurtunites sometimes

the "forest" maps are the best, they look and play amazing

Yeah the limited sprint worked in BF2. Apparently BF2042 is going to have a 'tactical sprint' feature which means that you'll be able to sprint extra quickly for a short period of time, so that should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

lol this game was awful, i bought on xbox one like 5 years ago and it was dead then. of course its free when it's an online only game with 5 active players

typical PC shit style FPS. Janky controls. 1990's visuals. Broken gameplay. floaty controls. can't even tell what you're shooting at the game is so ugly

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@kaz Any interest in Hell Let Loose? It leaves early access tomorrow, and people have a lot of good things to say about it. It basically seems to be a higher budget version of Verdun but set in WW2. Supports 100 player matches and has vehicles

hell yeah! I've only heard good things about it and ww2 settings is more interesting.  playing verdun makes me thinking about how awful these trench battles were. 

i didn't know you can use vehicles in hell let loose too, hope they add planes or at least some kind of plane mechanic. I really need a realistic "battlefield" game. :gasp: 

and yea, I don't think I will buy any dlc for verdun, but I doubt they will release them for free. :ben:  

Edited by kaz
3 hours ago, kaz said:

hell yeah! I've only heard good things about it and ww2 settings is more interesting.  playing verdun makes me thinking about how awful these trench battles were. 

i didn't know you can use vehicles in hell let loose too, hope they add planes or at least some kind of plane mechanic. I really need a realistic "battlefield" game. :gasp: 

and yea, I don't think I will buy any dlc for verdun, but I doubt they will release them for free. :ben:  

I bought it and played 2 matches. I died like 30 times and got maybe 3 or 4 kills :D game is hardcore and much harder than verdun. 

• Ben 1