Halo Infinite looks terrible. Multiplayer match Xbox Shit X.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Jerry, it's still the same geometric mesh of the landscape. They did this to keep the scale exactly the same, the only variation is new graphical assets have been built on top of this mesh.

Its a remake of Shadow of the Collosus.

Its not supposed to be Shadow of the Collosus, Part 2 where the land was changed for some reason.

I guess the mansion in Resident Evil Remake........is just a mansion. Its got a staircase, a second floor, some doors, chairs and a table..............guess its a just a port.

FUNCTIONALLY, its the same thing, right?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This looks like uninspired garbage tbh. Halo has only ever had a few good iconic designs in its history. Outside of the actual Spartan/ODST designs and some of the ships, it just looks like some kind

Defining remakes is pretty subjective but I consider there to be a total of 2 different types   Type 1: Graphical overhauls with little to no changes to actual gameplay mechanics, systems, u

I hate Xbox but I have to admit that looks incredible and it holds up so well   This shits all over every other game from 2003 in visuals and gameplay

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

So they added physics to new patches of grass. What a huge remake. :|

Shinji Mikami moved around some objects, and puzzle pieces, and enemies in the mansion...........guess that's not really anything "huge" and therefore its just a port/remaster?

Right?

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Oh and the background mountains now has more polygons with pointy ends at the top.

I can't fucking believe this, dude wasted his time taking stills of a video showing the same game running on two engines for the sake of coming up with shit argument.

Hey, didn't you notice something else dumbass, like how it was the same exact game with a new graphics engine???? :kaz:  Great power of observation, Sherlock.

I'm done. I'll go do something you never do, play some fucking games. Bye. :D 

So Resident Evil Remake.............is the same exact game, right?

Its like you're wound yourself up in so much bullshit.......you somehow forgot that a remake is still meant to RECREATE the same game.

The funniest part out of all of this.

This was originally them TRYING to argue against Demon Soul's PS5.

They had trouble proving their argument.

So they DOWNSHIFTED to talking about Shadow of the Collosus on the PS4, hoping that they could establish their argument there, and then retroactively try to say Demon Souls PS5 is the same, by association.

How fucking pathetic.

Edited by jehurey
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

So Resident Evil Remake.............is the same exact game, right?

Its like you're wound yourself up in so much bullshit.......you somehow forgot that a remake is still meant to RECREATE the same game.

I already said REmake isn't the same at all and that it was a proper remake in this very thread because it's not just a visual facelift, the game had a lot of changes and new additions. Keep up.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

The funniest part out of all of this.

This was originally them TRYING to argue against Demon Soul's PS5.

They had trouble proving their argument.

So they DOWNSHIFTED to talking about Shadow of the Collosus on the PS4, hoping that they could establish their argument there, and then retroactively try to say Demon Souls PS5 is the same, by association.

How fucking pathetic.

I'm talking about SOTC because Bluepoint used the same technique and idea for Demon's Souls on PS5 but you can't even understand as much.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Go play Demon's Souls on PS3 and PS5 or SOTC on PS2 and PS4 and tell me they aren't the same fucking game down to a T. Go ahead, idiot. It's not as if you played games anyway so I'm not expecting much.

• Haha 1

Considering the fact that…

- it’s being hamstrung by being released on Xflop One as well 

- is 60 fps, no 30 fps quality mode, so it’s cutting your resource budget in half 

- has to have split-screen, again cutting your budget in half

…I think it looks amazing. Clean af.

8 hours ago, Ramza said:

If REmake was just a new skin applied to the original and played the exact same it wouldn't be a remake.

But they didn't go that route, they remade the fucking game from the ground up, no assets from the original was used in any way, just the overall template, premise and design. On top of that they changed a lot of things and added new stuff. It isn't the case with Demon's Souls, it's the same fucking game.

If you guys want to call that a remake, go ahead but don't tell me it's supposed to a new experience or even a new game in any capacity, because it isn't and that's where I take issue.

It was announced as a Remake, planned as a remake, developed as a remake all before those unplanned changes happened AT THE END OF DEVELOPMENT. 

Those changes were never a part of the plan and yet still its was called a remake from announcement all through development because the entire graphical presentation was remade from the ground up.  Hence its a remake. 

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

It was announced as a Remake, planned as a remake, developed as a remake all before those unplanned changes happened AT THE END OF DEVELOPMENT. 

Those changes were never a part of the plan and yet still its was called a remake from announcement all through development because the entire graphical presentation was remade from the ground up.  Hence its a remake. 

But the end result is very different from SOTC or DS. Capcom remade everything from the ground up and as a result changes RE1 considerably, even without taking the new changes and new additions in consideration.

The old PS1 game isn't running the background and they aren't reusing the same dimensions for the environment or animations for the character models. They remade the game, not just applied a new coat of paint.

In the case of SOTC and DS you are playing the same game but prettier, everything plays exactly the same and nothing has changed besides the facelift. As I said before, I don't care, go and call it a remake, but the end result is still very different, in the case of Bluepoint ''remakes'' you couldn't get a more authentic experience, as you are playing the same game in essence.

And that's the problem, to ignore the difference would be to lie to yourself. 

Defining remakes is pretty subjective but I consider there to be a total of 2 different types

Type 1: Graphical overhauls with little to no changes to actual gameplay mechanics, systems, underlying engine or gameplay code

These are games like Demon's Souls, SOTC, etc

Type 2: Graphical overhauls that also change the underlying game structure and mechanics, so that they don't play exactly the same as the originals

REmake and RE2 Remake fit into that category

• Upvote 2
47 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Defining remakes is pretty subjective but I consider there to be a total of 2 different types

Type 1: Graphical overhauls with little to no changes to actual gameplay mechanics, systems, underlying engine or gameplay code

These are games like Demon's Souls, SOTC, etc

Type 2: Graphical overhauls that also change the underlying game structure and mechanics, so that they don't play exactly the same as the originals

REmake and RE2 Remake fit into that category

which is exactly what I'm saying. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

But the end result is very different from SOTC or DS. Capcom remade everything from the ground up and as a result changes RE1 considerably, even without taking the new changes and new additions in consideration.

The old PS1 game isn't running the background and they aren't reusing the same dimensions for the environment or animations for the character models. They remade the game, not just applied a new coat of paint.

In the case of SOTC and DS you are playing the same game but prettier, everything plays exactly the same and nothing has changed besides the facelift. As I said before, I don't care, go and call it a remake, but the end result is still very different, in the case of Bluepoint ''remakes'' you couldn't get a more authentic experience, as you are playing the same game in essence.

And that's the problem, to ignore the difference would be to lie to yourself. 

it's like you're not reading what I'm saying.  I'm not ignoring the differences between different types of remakes.   

I already highlighted the two types of remakes and also differentiated both from a remaster. 

You on the other hand thinks remakes can be made only one way and you're ignoring the other way

And then on top of that both you and DynamiteCop incorrectly labeled this game as a remaster, when it's not even close to that. 

DS wasn't the type of remake you wanted. You wanted it to be like RE Remake and that's fine.... But not because it's not the remake you wanted that doesn't mean it's not a remake. 

2 hours ago, Mav said:

Considering the fact that…

- it’s being hamstrung by being released on Xflop One as well 

- is 60 fps, no 30 fps quality mode, so it’s cutting your resource budget in half 

- has to have split-screen, again cutting your budget in half

…I think it looks amazing. Clean af.

Dat cope

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Dat cope

By ‘cope’ you mean being practical and realistic, right?  Fucking fgt 

edit, worst word censor ever 

Edited by Mav
5 hours ago, Ramza said:

I already said REmake isn't the same at all and that it was a proper remake in this very thread because it's not just a visual facelift, the game had a lot of changes and new additions. Keep up.

I'm talking about SOTC because Bluepoint used the same technique and idea for Demon's Souls on PS5 but you can't even understand as much.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Go play Demon's Souls on PS3 and PS5 or SOTC on PS2 and PS4 and tell me they aren't the same fucking game down to a T. Go ahead, idiot. It's not as if you played games anyway so I'm not expecting much.

I love how  I keep on reminding you that you are trying to define remake without taking account the actual development.

And your response is to CONFIRM what I claim you are doing, by telling me to "go play the game on PS3".

You repeatedly just want to pretend that you don't know what remaking an entire game through video game development consists of.

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

it's like you're not reading what I'm saying.  I'm not ignoring the differences between different types of remakes.   

I already highlighted the two types of remakes and also differentiated both from a remaster. 

You on the other hand thinks remakes can be made only one way and you're ignoring the other way

And then on top of that both you and DynamiteCop incorrectly labeled this game as a remaster, when it's not even close to that. 

DS wasn't the type of remake you wanted. You wanted it to be like RE Remake and that's fine.... But not because it's not the remake you wanted that doesn't mean it's not a remake. 

he really is.

he's practically saying that all games have to check off all the boxes as RE1 Remake, or else it doesn't qualify as a remake.