Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Florida breaks record with more than 21,000 new COVID cases

Florida reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic, according to federal health data released Saturday, as its theme park resorts again started asking visitors to wear masks indoors.

The state has become the new national epicenter for the virus, accounting for around a fifth of all new cases in the U.S. as the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus continues to spread.

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements, and along with the state Legislature, has limited local officials’ ability to impose restrictions meant to stop the spread of COVID-19. 

Highest numbers since the pandemic started...... Florida alone is accounting for a fifth of the total numbers nationwide...... Yiiiikkkkkeees:holeup:

Be safe out there my Florida peeps.

Edited by Goukosan
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A third of all infections, nationwide, come from just Texas and Florida.

And we're starting to see the people who run the major cities/counties start insitutiing  mask mandates, slowly, like beginning in their courthouses. In order to try and challenge the governor's bullshit.

School just started in my town today on Monday. I got two nephews and a niece in those schools, and I told them that they should wear their masks as much as possible, and if a teacher tries to pressure them to take it off, then he should be direct with them, and then notify us when he gets home.

If infections start breaking out in schools and kids end up in hospitals, the local politicians are going to openly defy the governor

Florida now breaks their hospitalization record.  :holeup:

The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida rose to an all-time high of 11,515 patients in one day, according to data the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released Tuesday.

The data is used by the Florida Hospital Association to track admissions and staffing shortages. The figures also show 2,400 of those patients are in ICU beds.

The previous day, the data showed there were 10,389 COVID-hospitalizations in the state. 

The new number breaks a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available. Last year, Florida hit its previous peak on July 23, with 10,170 hospitalizations.

States with no mask, social distancing mandates and low vaccination rates are seeing huge spikes in hospitalizations of the unvaxxed. 

23 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Florida now breaks their hospitalization record.  :holeup:

The number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida rose to an all-time high of 11,515 patients in one day, according to data the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services released Tuesday.

The data is used by the Florida Hospital Association to track admissions and staffing shortages. The figures also show 2,400 of those patients are in ICU beds.

The previous day, the data showed there were 10,389 COVID-hospitalizations in the state. 

The new number breaks a previous record for current hospitalizations set more than a year ago before vaccines were available. Last year, Florida hit its previous peak on July 23, with 10,170 hospitalizations.

States with no mask, social distancing mandates and low vaccination rates are seeing huge spikes in hospitalizations of the unvaxxed. 

gee I’m surprised you didn’t specifically mention Texas because they’re also seeing a surge. But I guess when it’s being caused by the thousands of illegal immigrants pouring into the country (1/3rd of who test positive and who knows how many infected ones don’t get caught) it doesn’t quite fit the liberal narrative, does it?

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

gee I’m surprised you didn’t specifically mention Texas because they’re also seeing a surge. But I guess when it’s being caused by the thousands of illegal immigrants pouring into the country (1/3rd of who test positive and who knows how many infected ones don’t get caught) it doesn’t quite fit the liberal narrative, does it?

No, its not being caused by illegal immigrants.

where's your proof on that?

i'll wait.

The state of Oklahoma has run out of ICU beds.

Relative to their population size, they're actually doing worse than Texas.

And the same idiots who caused a mass spreader last year in Sturgis.............are meeting again in Sturgis in two days, for a whole week.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I posted this because Florida is breaking last years numbers this year.  Wasnt even looking at boarder states vs Non boarder states. 

But since you want to go there, the hospitalizations are over 99% unvaxxed people and guess which states are leading that unvaxxed charge? 

Oh yea republican lead states that have low vaccinatiom rates and the majority of those aren't boarder states. 

So what now?  Those states can't use the illegal immigrants boogie man as an excuse for their increasing numbers. 

So you really think that someway somehow the unvaxxed Americans are somehow not spreading it amounst themselves but the illegal immigrants are the one who are even though the majority of states aren't boarder states. Lmfao. 

4 hours ago, jehurey said:

i'll wait.

Source is Ted Cruz’s twitter account and talking head shows on Fox News. :danylol:

4 minutes ago, Ike said:

Source is Ted Cruz’s twitter account and talking head shows on Fox News. :danylol:

oh, so the person who repeatedly keeps on telling us he's not a far right-wing nutjob........was attempting to peddle far right-wing nutjob talking points.

7 hours ago, jehurey said:

i'll wait.

Its common sense, but theres clear data out there (its hard to find because the MSM keeps burying the truth) on significant number of illegal immigrants testing positive for covid. And thats just the ones who are being caught or turning themselves in

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-massive-covid-spike-erupts-among-detained-immigrants-bidens-border-crisis-continues/

Then theres obviously going to be covid positive people who are never caught, and just stumble into communities around the border and other parts of texas to further spread covid. 

What makes it worse is how disingenuously two faced Biden is. he's going to require that all travelers to the country be fully vaccinated (White House developing a plan to require that all foreign visitors prove they're vaccinated | Daily Mail Online), yet tons of people are allowed to casually walk into the country from the south. Where is the logic in that? if they were really serious about limiting covid, then they would take the necessary steps to secure the border which was in a far better state under Trump

This administration is a joke.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Its common sense, but theres clear data out there (its hard to find because the MSM keeps burying the truth) on significant number of illegal immigrants testing positive for covid. And thats just the ones who are being caught or turning themselves in

https://www.westernjournal.com/report-massive-covid-spike-erupts-among-detained-immigrants-bidens-border-crisis-continues/

Then theres obviously going to be covid positive people who are never caught, and just stumble into communities around the border and other parts of texas to further spread covid. 

What makes it worse is how disingenuously two faced Biden is. he's going to require that all travelers to the country be fully vaccinated (White House developing a plan to require that all foreign visitors prove they're vaccinated | Daily Mail Online), yet tons of people are allowed to casually walk into the country from the south. Where is the logic in that? if they were really serious about limiting covid, then they would take the necessary steps to secure the border which was in a far better state under Trump

This administration is a joke.

No it isn't common sense. In fact, its a centuries old myth that only gets peddled by racists and xenophobes.

Explain to me how Mexicans got to Florida in order for that state to have the largest spike and that spike occurred in that state first, before any other state?

Did they swim across the Gulf of Mexico?

This is not a thread about immigration.

Stay on topic, or your posts will be removed for racism.

Edited by jehurey
7 hours ago, jehurey said:

No it isn't common sense. In fact, its a centuries old myth that only gets peddled by racists and xenophobes.

Explain to me how Mexicans got to Florida in order for that state to have the largest spike and that spike occurred in that state first, before any other state?

Did they swim across the Gulf of Mexico?

This is not a thread about immigration.

Stay on topic, or your posts will be removed for racism.

This thread is obviously making the implication that republican leadership and their rules/laws are responsible for Covid surges, just look at Goukosan posts. But somehow its racist and off topic to counter that by bringing up a surge DIRECTLY caused by democrats and their policies? Lmao, you and this forum are a joke.

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This thread is obviously making the implication that republican leadership and their rules/laws are responsible for Covid surges, just look at Goukosan posts. But somehow its racist and off topic to counter that by bringing up a surge DIRECTLY caused by democrats and their policies? Lmao, you and this forum are a joke.

They are.

Experts are saying this is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Which political party is specifically pushing that agenda?

Answer that for me.

You are absolutely being racist.............trying to say that immigrants are bringing disease is a STANDARD racist thing that has been attempted for centuries..........by racists.

Especially considering that the infection rate in those countries are LOWER than the United States.

You simply don't have a single fact to support your argument.

35 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Twintard is a full blown racist.  Why bother arguing with that retard?

It really is amazing just how far he has falling into being a full-blown far right-wing zealout.

Now he's 100% adopting their blatant racism.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

They are.

Experts are saying this is now a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Which political party is specifically pushing that agenda?

Answer that for me.

You are absolutely being racist.............trying to say that immigrants are bringing disease is a STANDARD racist thing that has been attempted for centuries..........by racists.

Especially considering that the infection rate in those countries are LOWER than the United States.

You simply don't have a single fact to support your argument.

Large bodies of people invading a part of the country will absolutely contribute to more covid cases. Not believing that is pure delusion, it’s fact and border towns/cities are experiencing that first hand as seen in the article below….downplaying open borders during a pandemic makes you look foolish

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9865063/amp/Border-crisis-McAllen-mayor-rages-Biden-soaring-number-migrants-COVID-city.html 

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Large bodies of people invading a part of the country will absolutely contribute to more covid cases.

You tried to blame the ENTIRE SPIKE on migrants.

Which is racist.

People, show me if border counties are having bigger-than-usual spikes?

I'll wait.

The immigration issue has nothing to do with the pandemic..............you are now attempting to shift the topic, and that's not going to happen in my forum.

Stick to the topic: the virus.

15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You tried to blame the ENTIRE SPIKE on migrants.

Which is racist.

People, show me if border counties are having bigger-than-usual spikes?

I'll wait.

The immigration issue has nothing to do with the pandemic..............you are now attempting to shift the topic, and that's not going to happen in my forum.

Stick to the topic: the virus.

You’re basically implying that travel doesn’t contribute to more covid curses. So why did EVERY country on the planet lock down their borders during the virus’ peak and most continue to have travel restrictions in place? in fact that U.S is the only country on the planet where so many people are allowed to steam in and we also happen to have some of the highest case and death numbers.

in fact if you look up the data there’s a clear correlation between peaks in border crossings/numbers and number of total cases the country records.

Denying all this just makes you look delusional….then again I shouldn’t expect anything less from someone who’s clearly on the far left in his beliefs.