Twinblade, let's talk about what GPU you want

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Twinblade   I'm getting alerts left and right for 3070ti's, 3090's, and 3080ti's...    I've been able to add every single one with relative ease into carts.  And also even 10+ min

Well, Twinblade bought one so I figured I might as well too... so I said fuck it and bought a RTX 3080tie                            

WTF, I just checked a few listings and my measly 1660Ti is selling for $500-$600 on average  

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

prices are insane, man. i miss the 8800gt days. 

Yeah tell me about it haha.

It'll be fucked for a while, but eventually there'll come that moment again where all the pieces fall into place and there'll be amazing GPUs for cheap prices again.   They can't sustain this forever lol.

13 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

damn I missed it but that was the best deal I’ve seen on that one

Yea, I'll keep an eye out for the ~$900 higher end cards like that EVGA for you, and only post those ones.

There's been lots like that lately.  Shouldn't be too long until more drops happen.  Whether you see my posts in time or not is another thing entirely.

Edited by Remij
1 hour ago, Remij said:

lol.. in other news today I sold my old ROG Swift PG279Q to someone for $600. :bate:

Thats my current monitor :ben: I got it when it first came out. I want to upgrade but it’s still perfect for me, the only thing I feel like I’m missing is HDR.

12 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Thats my current monitor :ben: I got it when it first came out. I want to upgrade but it’s still perfect for me, the only thing I feel like I’m missing is HDR.

It's still one of the best monitors out there... lmfao dude real talk.. HDR is currently overrated.  Most games with HDR implementations aren't even actually HDR.  You're not missing out on much... so cut it out with that FOMO shit.

Edited by Remij

Thanks brehs, I just grabbed it. I never thought i'd pay $986 for a video card, but here we are. I feel lucky that I at least have the monetary means to do this kind of thing, im sure there are a lot of people who are eager to play newer PC games but can't afford these cards the way they're priced now.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Thanks brehs, I just grabbed it. I never thought i'd pay $986 for a video card, but here we are. I feel lucky that I at least have the monetary means to do this kind of thing, im sure there are a lot of people who are eager to play newer PC games but can't afford these cards the way they're priced now.

Congrats breh! :fblike: 

Yea the market is pretty shitty right now.  Look to sell that 1660ti as soon as possible to take some of the sting out of it.  You can probably still sell it for quite a bit.

Yeah that price sucks. I wouldn't pay that much for that type of performance.

Its a sweet spot type of card, and historically those cares always existed around the $400-$500 range, let's say its not the year 2005 anymore, and factor in some inflation, $500 back in 2005 is now $700 in today's money.

Hopefully nVidia includes some serios hashrate limiters in all upcoming video cards to completely kill that demand.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Its a sweet spot type of card, and historically those cares always existed around the $400-$500 range, let's say its not the year 2005 anymore, and factor in some inflation, $500 back in 2005 is now $700 in today's money.

Hopefully nVidia includes some serios hashrate limiters in all upcoming video cards to completely kill that demand.

even then, the 6800gt could run any 2005 game maxed out, and cost like $250. 

31 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The performance is almost exactly in line per $$ as what you paid for your 3090 :roll: 

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

o damn. 

Well actually even at the price Twinblade paid, he's getting better perf per $$ than Jehurey.

Avg FPS based on 22 games:

3070ti = 84

3090 = 113

$1500/113 = $13.27 per frame

$950/84 = $11.31 per frame

Twinky is getting better performance for his money. :] 

Edited by Remij
  • aitch 1
Just now, Remij said:

Well actually even at the price Twinblade paid, he's getting better perf per $$ than Jehurey.

Avg FPS

3070ti = 84

3090 = 113

$1500/113 = $13.27 per frame

$950/84 = $11.31 per frame

Twinky is getting better performance for his money. :] 

i was always about the "bang for your buck" cards when i did game on PC. i never cared about having the greatest. i think the 6600gt and the 8800gt are the best 2 cards ever (in terms of value), for their respective periods. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i was always about the "bang for your buck" cards when i did game on PC. i never cared about having the greatest. i think the 6600gt and the 8800gt are the best 2 cards ever, for their respective periods. 

I totally get that.  I usually like to have the best, simply because I love PCs and PC gaming.  I've always acknowledged the fact that at the highest end you're VASTLY overpaying... even when the market was normal-ish..

I used to SLI 2 of the highest end cards.. lol then I cut that shit out once I realized it was no longer going to really be supported.. and by that point single GPUs were already providing massive performance.

This time around.. I wanted to, but missed the boat at launch, but then quickly decided that I really don't need a GPU this instant.  I wanted to wait for the market to settle down a bit.  I mean, Twinblade's GPU is only ~5-8fps faster than mine on average... and I have mine overclocked.. so the difference is even less than that if he doesn't OC it.. and it isn't really that much at all.  I've enjoyed this performance for over 2 years now in games.  The average FPS of my GPU in 4K in 2021 is 76fps...  I'm not really hurting at all.  If I find the right deal on something, I may bite on a 3080ti.  The 3090 ship has sailed because it's just horribly overpriced for the performance relative to the 3080ti.  The VRAM is useless in it for games at this point... Hell even the 3080 already made the 3090 a bad prospect... it's only 10-12% faster on average.. and it's over double the price in most retailers  :tom: 

Edited by Remij