Twinblade, let's talk about what GPU you want

22 minutes ago, Remij said:

The performance is almost exactly in line per $$ as what you paid for your 3090 :roll: 

except i only paid about $480 of my own money for a 3090 :reg:

my initial plan was to keep the 3080.

but when i found out that the 3080 pays off my 3090 more than my 3090 pays off my 3080, I actually made the more sound financial decision.

LOL, i'd like to see those framerates for those 22 games..........those could be games that are limited in other ways.

the RTX 3070 is not a 4K, and that's what I was seeking.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Twinblade   I'm getting alerts left and right for 3070ti's, 3090's, and 3080ti's...    I've been able to add every single one with relative ease into carts.  And also even 10+ min

Well, Twinblade bought one so I figured I might as well too... so I said fuck it and bought a RTX 3080tie                            

WTF, I just checked a few listings and my measly 1660Ti is selling for $500-$600 on average  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

except i only paid about $480 of my own money for a 3090 :reg:

my initial plan was to keep the 3080.

but when i found out that the 3080 pays off my 3090 more than my 3090 pays off my 3080, I actually made the more sound financial decision.

LOL, i'd like to see those framerates for those 22 games..........those could be games that are limited in other ways.

the RTX 3070 is not a 4K, and that's what I was seeking.

:roll: 

With this video card my new PC comes out to about ~$2100-$2200. Thats just too much, and I don't see much of a future for PC gaming if it continues this way. I paid barely over half that much for my last PC (5-6 years ago now) and it was still running every modern game relatively well at high settings. Hell, my $260 1660ti still smokes almost everything as long as ray tracing is off.

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

With this video card my new PC comes out to about ~$2100-$2200. Thats just too much, and I don't see much of a future for PC gaming if it continues this way. I paid barely over half that much for my last PC (5-6 years ago now) and it was still running every modern game relatively well at high settings. Hell, my $260 1660ti still smokes almost everything as long as ray tracing is off.

The problem is that the market dictates the price... if cards are selling out left and right at these prices.. then that's what they'll sell them at.

Prices wont come down, realistically, until PC purchasing drops hard in rebellion.

Only pay MSRP.  Don't pay the scalper price,  unless you don't care about getting ripped off.

What's happening today is quite shameful, resellers, AIBs, retailers and scalpers know you will give them every dollar for a GPU.  You got to fight the urge, be smart with your cash.

NVIDIA MSRP is Best Buy's weekly drops.

AMD MSRP is AMD Direct.  

There really is not better alternative. 

Even Micro-Center went shit scalpy over the months charging well over a grand for GPUs that should be half the price.

Follow the cost per frame.     It's the best valued GPUs that are the sweet spot.  1419777804_Club_CostPerFrame3_Screenshot2021-08-01131841.thumb.jpg.a73588faf0d34a0b19c7c9966598442f.jpg

9 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Only pay MSRP.  Don't pay the scalper price,  unless you don't care about getting ripped off.

What's happening today is quite shameful, resellers, AIBs, retailers and scalpers know you will give them every dollar for a GPU.  You got to fight the urge, be smart with your cash.

AMD MSRP is AMD Direct.  

Even Micro-Center went shit scalpy over the months charging well over a grand for GPUs that should be half the price.

Follow the cost per frame.     It's the best valued GPUs that are the sweet spot.  1419777804_Club_CostPerFrame3_Screenshot2021-08-01131841.thumb.jpg.a73588faf0d34a0b19c7c9966598442f.jpg

that 3060ti is sexy 

Well, Twinblade bought one so I figured I might as well too... so I said fuck it and bought a RTX 3080tie :fblike: 

3080tie.png

I'm gonna look fresh as fuck :smoke: 

• Upvote 1
  • aitch 1
2 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

AMD MSRP is AMD Direct.  

I don’t understand how legitimate retailers are allowed to inflate the prices of their gpus and become scalpers themselves. Nvidia and other manufacturers should not allow that.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I don’t understand how legitimate retailers are allowed to inflate the prices of their gpus and become scalpers themselves. Nvidia and other manufacturers should not allow that.

It's really fucking scummy... but retailers can charge what they want.  And it gives Nvidia more incentive to sell their cards to their 3rd party vendors at a higher price and produce less of them for themselves.  Nvidia only sells through BestBuy now with their Founder's Edition cards... that tells you all you need to know pretty much.

15 minutes ago, Carlos Vela said:

I just ordered a 3070 Ti  Asus Strix fir $1140 from bhphoto (taxes and shipping included) and instantly regretted it  lol

put a cancel request in,  if anyone wants to buy it let me know,  I’ll see if I can stop the cancel request 

Why though? lol