Twinblade, let's talk about what GPU you want

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Twinblade   I'm getting alerts left and right for 3070ti's, 3090's, and 3080ti's...    I've been able to add every single one with relative ease into carts.  And also even 10+ min

Well, Twinblade bought one so I figured I might as well too... so I said fuck it and bought a RTX 3080tie                            

WTF, I just checked a few listings and my measly 1660Ti is selling for $500-$600 on average  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

WTF, I just checked a few listings and my measly 1660Ti is selling for $500-$600 on average :kaz: 

That's what I was saying lmfao... my 2080ti sells now for more than it cost at launch :kaz: 

I'm probably going to sell it very soon and make all that money back :geese: 

Edited by Remij
59 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's what I was saying lmfao... my 2080ti sells now for more than it cost at launch :kaz: 

I'm probably going to sell it very soon and make all that money back :geese: 

Your 2080 Ti should last for good gaming till at least 2026 and probably longer, I would not sell it, unless you need the cash.   GPU market is going to be F'ked for a few years now.

1660 Ti is just a 1070 Ti at best, and anything GTX 980 or higher is selling like hot cakes at a minimum $400.

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Your 2080 Ti should last for good gaming till at least 2026 and probably longer, I would not sell it, unless you need the cash.   GPU market is going to be F'ked for a few years now.

1660 Ti is just a 1070 Ti at best, and anything GTX 980 or higher is selling like hot cakes at a minimum $400.

I'm selling it... because it's worth more than I paid for it 2 years ago lol... now is the time.

I don't need the money... it's just the simple fact that I don't need the GPU and it makes sense to get the most I can for it :D 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm selling it... because it's worth more than I paid for it 2 years ago lol... now is the time.

I don't need the money... it's just the simple fact that I don't need the GPU and it makes sense to get the most I can for it :D 

I'd turn that into a 2nd rig.

Did you get your 3080 Ti?

1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I'd turn that into a 2nd rig.

Did you get your 3080 Ti?

I've got a second SFF PC and I don't need a 2080ti in it.

Nah not yet.  When I buy my 3080ti I'll sell the 2080ti afterwards.  I'm thinking next month.

I'm definitely going to have one before all the big fall/holiday games hit. B) 

6 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

what's the first game you're going to demo? 

honestly probably nothing for a bit :ben: on PC i've been playing Chernobylite and Valorant, neither of which are technical showcases. The first game that will probably make use of some of its power will be the BF2042 beta next month.

Just now, Twinblade said:

honestly probably nothing for a bit :ben: on PC i've been playing Chernobylite and Valorant, neither of which are technical showcases. The first game that will probably make use of some of its power will be the BF2042 beta next month.

damn homie....maybe control with 4k, ray tracing and everything cranked. 

56 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

damn homie....maybe control with 4k, ray tracing and everything cranked. 

My PC monitor is only 2K :ben: but It goes up to 165hz, and I prefer refresh rate to resolution on a PC. I have a 4K TV (and its great for gaming) but on a PC I find higher refresh rates to be a better experience.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

@Remij any best practices when it comes to Nvidia Control Panel settings? Im surprised at how many features are toggled on/off, I feel like I just want to force them to be application controlled.

Just keep everything default (use the restore button if you feel you messed it all up)  but change:

DSR factors (downsampling)  Check the box 2.25x.  (2.25x = 4K on a 1440p monitor)

Low Latency Mode = Ultra

Set Gsync to "On Fullscreen and Windowed Mode"

And that's it.  

You can force your Anisotropic Filtering to 16x if you wish as well.  Most games will automatically do it.. but some older games require it to be forced and it can make a huge difference.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Twinblade said:

I thought that was free. No way im paying for benchmarking software.

It is.  On the Steam Store page there's a "Download Demo" on the right side around the add to cart button.  It comes with the benchmarks and you don't have to pay for them.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

My PC monitor is only 2K :ben: but It goes up to 165hz, and I prefer refresh rate to resolution on a PC. I have a 4K TV (and its great for gaming) but on a PC I find higher refresh rates to be a better experience.

Yep, higher refresh rates are always better than more resolution.

Native 4K made sense... when it wasn't possible to generate a near perfect (or in some cases better than native) 4K image from a lower resolution.  Now... if you're not using a lower resolution and reconstructing it... you're doing it wrong.  There's simply smarter ways to do things now.  Native 4K is a massive waste of resources.

Downsampling is nice though.  Downsampling from 4K to a 2K monitor produces a very pleasing image.  More resolution helps the image become more temporally stable.. which is always welcome.  That's why CGI always looks so good despite the fact that you can watch it at lower resolutions... it's just looks stable.  No aliasing or artifacts.

DynamiteCop wasn't wrong when he said the sweet spot on PC is 1440p at high framerates.  160-200fps... it feels and looks sublime.  Don't forget that with temporal AA solutions, the more frames generated means better accumulation and convergence.  So while the resolution may be lower than 4K... it can actually look sharper in motion and cleaner. :] 

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1