Twinblade, let's talk about what GPU you want

24 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep, higher refresh rates are always better than more resolution.

Native 4K made sense... when it wasn't possible to generate a near perfect (or in some cases better than native) 4K image from a lower resolution.  Now... if you're not using a lower resolution and reconstructing it... you're doing it wrong.  There's simply smarter ways to do things now.  Native 4K is a massive waste of resources.

Downsampling is nice though.  Downsampling from 4K to a 2K monitor produces a very pleasing image.  More resolution helps the image become more temporally stable.. which is always welcome.  That's why CGI always looks so good despite the fact that you can watch it at lower resolutions... it's just looks stable.  No aliasing or artifacts.

DynamiteCop wasn't wrong when he said the sweet spot on PC is 1440p at high framerates.  160-200fps... it feels and looks sublime.  Don't forget that with temporal AA solutions, the more frames generated means better accumulation and convergence.  So while the resolution may be lower than 4K... it can actually look sharper in motion and cleaner. :] 

Got it. One more question, but should I turn on DLSS in basically every game that supports it? Since it seems to always provide a performance boost, without negatively affecting a game's visuals.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Twinblade   I'm getting alerts left and right for 3070ti's, 3090's, and 3080ti's...    I've been able to add every single one with relative ease into carts.  And also even 10+ min

Well, Twinblade bought one so I figured I might as well too... so I said fuck it and bought a RTX 3080tie                            

WTF, I just checked a few listings and my measly 1660Ti is selling for $500-$600 on average  

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Got it. One more question, but should I turn on DLSS in basically every game that supports it? Since it seems to always provide a performance boost, without negatively affecting a game's visuals.

As a general rule, now, yes of course.

With 2.0 and some versions of 2.1, there could still be some edge cases where there might be a slight bit of ghosting, or other artifacts... but even then the visuals are essentially native 4K quality..

But the newest versions of DLSS, 2.1~ and 2.2, ghosting is essentially unnoticeable, and it's at the point now where there's far less ghosting with DLSS than there is even with TAA at native resolutions.

So yea, enable that shit... it's free performance nowadays.

9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Awesome :D 

And Jerry thinks I couldn't get $1200 for my 2080ti... I've been offered more than that multiple times :kaz: 

FIlthy hermshells were bombarding me with $300 offers :lul: If I was patient enough I probably could have priced it at $500 and someone would have eventually caved at that price.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

FIlthy hermshells were bombarding me with $300 offers :lul: If I was patient enough I probably could have priced it at $500 and someone would have eventually caved at that price.

Yea, it's amazing how much people will pay to not game on consoles :blessed: 

It's amazing that I'll sell this GPU for more than it's MSRP.... and actually DOUBLE what I actually paid for it... 3 years later :juggle: 

4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

maybe $650 

Thats crazy. I could just sell that and it will pay for HALF a new PC with a better GPU and CPU lol

I think i would feel kinda shitty selling something for more than i paid for ...by 2x

Just now, JonbX said:

Thats crazy. I could just sell that and it will pay for HALF a new PC with a better GPU and CPU lol

I think i would feel kinda shitty selling something for more than i paid for ...by 2x

The problem isn't selling, it will be your inability to buy another GPU after you sell yours

Just now, JonbX said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265278791262?epid=27030517402&hash=item3dc3d91e5e:g:SOUAAOSwaChhIV5i

this is over $500 and it's still more than a day away from ending. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

The problem isn't selling, it will be your inability to buy another GPU after you sell yours

Yeah but you can buy a prebuilt with a 3060ti for like 1500, or 3080 for like 2k

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I would look again because I very much doubt it

Dell has 11th gen i7s with 3060tis for under 2000, and you get 12 percent off

They have one with a normal 3060 for 1100

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

well, there's still a lot of great games on the older consoles, and that will run on older GPUs. 

nobody cares about the sheep mentality. Good thing for people tho, is that since we have things like series s and steamdeck......i bet GPUs are gonna last a lot longer than people were thinking.

Just now, JonbX said:

nobody cares about the sheep mentality. Good thing for people tho, is that since we have things like series s and steamdeck......i bet GPUs are gonna last a lot longer than people were thinking.

tru dat. i'm just glad i have my series x for forza horizon 5. it looks so damn glorious! 

• aitch 1
3 hours ago, Remij said:

Awesome :D 

And Jerry thinks I couldn't get $1200 for my 2080ti... I've been offered more than that multiple times :kaz: 

Oh man, he's still being butthurt about me out of nowhere.:tom:

As more RTX 3070's enter the market, you won't

Whereas I can sell my RTX 3090 for $1000 OVER what I paid for it, if I wanted to.:tom: