Let's fucking go

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

A Dec 8th date also screams no confidence

Your only game this year has a review embargo which is up 9 hours after it releases, and you want to discuss confidence? They set a safe date they know they can hit their bug fixing and optimization targets.

Edited by DynamiteCop
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.pcgamer.com/halo-veteran-joseph-staten-is-returning-to-help-with-halo-infinite/      

i got ya homie

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Your only game this year has a review embargo which is up 9 hours after it releases, and you want to discuss confidence? They set a safe date they know they can hit their bug fixing and optimization targets.

Halo is on the level of NMH now? :drake:

MS set a safe date away from other games.  Did you forget you guys said they were waiting to see what COD and BF launch dates were :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Halo is on the level of NMH now? :drake:

MS set a safe date away from other games.  Did you forget you guys said they were waiting to see what COD and BF launch dates were :umad:

Battlefield and Call of Duty are releasing almost three weeks apart from each other. Halo is launching a month after Call of Duty and three weeks after Forza Horizon 5. To add to all of this there's about a dozen other games releasing in between all of this so the staggering make sense.

We know that the game is in shut down right now which means they're doing bug fixes and optimizing. Any time they can add to polishing the game while still hitting their release window is welcome. All of these big publishers with these AAA games try the best they can to stagger their releases away from each other. On the back of Forza Horizon 5 alone it doesn't make sense for Microsoft to release Halo in November.

Too many games in close proximity is good for nobody.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Battlefield and Call of Duty are releasing almost three weeks apart from each other. Halo is launching a month after Call of Duty and three weeks after Forza Horizon 5. To add to all of this there's about a dozen other games releasing in between all of this so the staggering make sense.

We know that the game is in shut down right now which means they're doing bug fixes and optimizing. Any time they can add to polishing the game while still hitting their release window is welcome. All of these big publishers with these AAA games try the best they can to stagger their releases away from each other. On the back of Forza Horizon 5 alone it doesn't make sense for Microsoft to release Halo in November.

Too many games in close proximity is good for nobody.

That not the point. Everyone knows games stagger their releases. 

Those other games should be running from Halo. Instead Halo is the one who waited and then selected a date. Again that shows how far Halo has fallen. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

Those other games should be running from Halo. Instead Halo is the one who waited and then selected a date. Again that shows how far Halo has fallen. 

Yeah okay... You're hopeless. Fanboyism has rotted your brain.

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

No they shouldn't.. they are multiplat games which have to consider the best time to release across all platforms.

MS is in control of only halo...its just smart to move their game and give them more time to polish in the process.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Yeah okay... You're hopeless. Fanboyism has rotted your brain.

Just two days ago you were saying the Dec 8th release date wouldn't make any sense for a number of reasons including that big games typically Don't releases first week of Dec. 

And as soon as MS confirmed the date, predictability you think it makes sense all of a sudden :umad:

14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Just two days ago you were saying the Dec 8th release date wouldn't make any sense for a number of reasons including that big games typically Don't releases first week of Dec. 

And as soon as MS confirmed the date, predictability you think it makes sense all of a sudden :umad:

There you go making things up again. Is it literally impossible for your brain not to contort and twist what people say?

I said December 8th doesn't make any sense because it's a Wednesday. I can't think of a single game that Microsoft has ever released outside of a Tuesday. That was the first point which empirically is incredibly accurate. Secondly I said Dying Light 2 releases on December 7th so it would make little sense to release on the 8th.

It has nothing to do with the state of development. If they believe the 8 is the right date then it's the right date to hit their targets. 

Edited by DynamiteCop
30 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

There you go making things up again. Is it literally impossible for your brain not to contort and twist what people say?

I said December 8th doesn't make any sense because it's a Wednesday. I can't think of a single game that Microsoft has ever released outside of a Tuesday. That was the first point which empirically is incredibly accurate. Secondly I said Dying Light 2 releases on December 7th so it would make little sense to release on the 8th.

It has nothing to do with the state of development. If they believe the 8 is the right date then it's the right date to hit their targets. 

Can you read? Where did I mention state of development.. Oh yea... No where. 

You claim I made up that you initially said the Dec 8th release date didn't make sense, then you turn around and say it didn't make sense to release Dec 8th... Just like I said you did:drake:

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Can you read? Where did I mention state of development.. Oh yea... No where. 

You claim I made up that you initially said the Dec 8th release date didn't make sense, then you turn around and say it didn't make sense to release Dec 8th... Just like I said you did:drake:

All you are capable of is trying to manipulate what people say to suit your failed arguments. Here's a pro tip, if you're going to twist what people say and then make that a point of argument at least be effective enough to not get caught every single time you do it.

54 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

All you are capable of is trying to manipulate what people say to suit your failed arguments. Here's a pro tip, if you're going to twist what people say and then make that a point of argument at least be effective enough to not get caught every single time you do it.

Your own words betray you :umad:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

I said Dying Light 2 releases on December 7th so it would make little sense to release on the 8th.

:drake:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

You said that I said that December doesn't make sense, don't flip flop on your bullshit you dumb cuck.

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Just like I said :umad:

Yeah, looking at the calendar for December.

You pretty much HAVE TO let the vast majority of Microsoft employees off after December 17th for the Christmas holiday.

That's the Friday after the 8th.

They can't release the game on the week of the 17th, because if they have any problem at launch, and need to rush an update to fix any major problems, the development team will be out of the office.

Which is why they put it on the 8th, they didn't even put it on Friday the 10th, because that doesn't give the team much time should they need to rush a software fix.

Also, if you release game that will heavily rely on people playing the online multiplayer portion, better to release it on a Wednesday so that the servers don't get hammered as hard as they would've entering the weekend.

So yeah.........December 8th literally screams "this is the last possible reasonable day of the year to release this game, and the game must release this year"

Edited by jehurey

Im bumping this thread because I need to rant about how absolutely abysmal EA and DICE's marketing of BF2042 has been lately. CoD and Halo both have far more momentum at this point especially after BF2042 had no presence whatsoever at Gamescom. We're all stuck clinging to rumors and speculation about when the open beta is happening because EA and DICE have no idea how to communicate with the BF community

Then after a long time of silence, the BF twitter finally tweets out a meme basically trolling everybody

Are you kidding me? :D  Its no surprise that interest in the game is dwindling when you look at the google trends

image.thumb.png.e659d071d1b57d05bd2d97227f5b6f16.png

Latest rumor says the open beta is happening September 22nd, but who knows if theres any truth to that. They need to get their shit together. Im starting to think the game is in a rough state and they're just thinking of the best way to announce that they need to delay it.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:
image.png.6c98f498760ef107cf4be8a7eb2daf26.png

Interesting change of events :mjpls: Halo and Call of Doody :lul: 

LMAO He's a Dualshockers writer.  Of course Sony skewed twitter affiliated sites are going to gravitate to the games they can... you know... actually play :hest: 

And LMFAO half of the people are laughing at his ass and chose one of the other two... because he said "You can only BUY one" ... and they're pointing out that Halo MP is free to play so they're choosing one of the other ones...

Twinfail :shake: 

Edited by Remij
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

LMAO He's a Dualshockers writer.  Of course Sony skewed twitter affiliated sites are going to gravitate to the games they can... you know... actually play :hest: 

And LMFAO half of the people are laughing at his ass and chose one of the other two... because he said "You can only BUY one" ... and they're pointing out that Halo MP is free to play so they're choosing one of the other ones...

Twinfail :shake: 

What does that have to do with anything? :D He posts info/leaks pertaining to many different FPSs, so the people who follow him (and voted on that poll) are shooter fans. This is a better representation of interest in those games than the original poll you posted (which also only had half the total votes).