Psychonauts 2 is awesome holy shit

This game is like every Tim Burton smashed into one video game. Im surprised the game controls as well as it does too. Wasnt expecting the gameplay , while basic, to feel polished. Its really unique so far.

Ok holy crap, this game is so cool.  The whole entire PSI King level is just incredible.. my god.  The level design in this is sooo good. I'm having so much fun playing this damn game!

DoubleFine is on another level when it comes to creativity.

This game is visually STUNNING.  It's a feast for the senses honestly.  I mean, it's beautiful technically already... but artistically is where it really shines.  The game does so much with relatively so little.  If they built up the studio with more technical artists to increase production values... these guys could do some absolutely incredible stuff.

Some screens.. I'll spoiler them just in case:

One minute it's like this:

Spoiler

20210829015852-1.jpg

20210829015705-1.jpg

The next minute it's like this:

Spoiler

20210829022732-1.jpg

20210829023045-1.jpg

It's so freaking awesome how they do all this stuff.. and the effects work is crazy good.  Levels load literally instantly and always have some cool transition effect.

They must have had some real fun making this crazy ass game.  I can't stop playing it, I want to collect and find everything :D 

6 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I couldn’t get into it. I was never a huge fan of the original, so I’m not surprised. I’ll give it another go (maybe I just wasn’t in the right mood for it). 

could just be overrated by two groups of game-starved gamers simultaneously, leading to the inflated reception.

it has that gross, slimey, ugly sewer-world aesthetic typical of western platformers, like oddworld. Gross and unsavory, not beautiful like a Nintendo platforming world.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Body Count said:

could just be overrated by two groups of game-starved gamers simultaneously, leading to the inflated reception.

it has that gross, slimey, ugly sewer-world aesthetic typical of western platformers, like oddworld. Gross and unsavory, not beautiful like a Nintendo platforming world.

Everything must seem overrated to you after No More 4/10's :tear2: 

:kaz: 

2 hours ago, Casual said:

ugh, the aesthetic/theme of this (from the parts I've seen) is so unappealing to me, but i do love a good platformer..

This is why I can’t get into it. I tried again. It’s just not for me. 

25 minutes ago, Body Count said:

vegyCsS.png

game is a sales catasrophe, yikes!

Gamepass did it again! Another dev and game dead!

2x the all time peak of the original on Steam... despite ALSO releasing on gamepass... nice :smoke: 

Game is rated overwhelmingly positive too :bate: