California might be getting a Republican Governor soon

2 minutes ago, Cooke said:

lol weird i read it like 5 times and read the 2010 as 2020 .  

so why is the graph i got from the census showing a decline? 

1 minute ago, Cooke said:

Just like you those articles are based on the estimates. 

The actual counts (which came later) superseded those estimates. 

Screenshot_20210916-003250_Chrome.jpg

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- California’s population fell by more than 182,000 last year, the first yearly loss ever recorded for the nation’s most populous state that halted a growth streak dating to its founding in 1850 on the heels of a gold rush that prompted a flood of people to seek their fortune in the West.

The figures released Friday followed last week's announcement from the U.S. Census Bureau that California would lose a congressional seat for the first time because it grew more slowly than other states over the past decade. Still, California's population of just under 39.5 million and soon-to-be 52-member congressional delegation remain by far the largest.

California's population has surged and slowed in the decades since its founding, with notable increases following World War II and the tech boom of the 1980s and '90s that put Silicon Valley on the map.

In recent years, more people have left California for other states than have moved there, a trend Republicans say is a result of the state's high taxes and progressive politics. The average sale price of a single-family home in California hit a record $758,990 in March, a 23.9% increase from a year ago.

“The numbers don't lie. People are leaving our state because it's not affordable to live here,” tweeted Kevin Faulconer, the former mayor of San Diego and one of the Republican candidates hoping to unseat Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in this year's expected recall election.

But the Newsom administration says California's population decline is an outlier, blaming it on the coronavirus pandemic that turned everything upside down in 2020.

California has been steadily losing people to other states for years. From 2010 to 2020, about 6.1 million people left for other states and only 4.9 million arrived from other parts of the country, according to an analysis of census data by the Public Policy Institute of California.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/californias-population-fell-time-history-77558322

2 minutes ago, Cooke said:

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- California’s population fell by more than 182,000 last year, the first yearly loss ever recorded for the nation’s most populous state that halted a growth streak dating to its founding in 1850 on the heels of a gold rush that prompted a flood of people to seek their fortune in the West.

The figures released Friday followed last week's announcement from the U.S. Census Bureau that California would lose a congressional seat for the first time because it grew more slowly than other states over the past decade. Still, California's population of just under 39.5 million and soon-to-be 52-member congressional delegation remain by far the largest.

California's population has surged and slowed in the decades since its founding, with notable increases following World War II and the tech boom of the 1980s and '90s that put Silicon Valley on the map.

In recent years, more people have left California for other states than have moved there, a trend Republicans say is a result of the state's high taxes and progressive politics. The average sale price of a single-family home in California hit a record $758,990 in March, a 23.9% increase from a year ago.

“The numbers don't lie. People are leaving our state because it's not affordable to live here,” tweeted Kevin Faulconer, the former mayor of San Diego and one of the Republican candidates hoping to unseat Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom in this year's expected recall election.

But the Newsom administration says California's population decline is an outlier, blaming it on the coronavirus pandemic that turned everything upside down in 2020.

California has been steadily losing people to other states for years. From 2010 to 2020, about 6.1 million people left for other states and only 4.9 million arrived from other parts of the country, according to an analysis of census data by the Public Policy Institute of California.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/californias-population-fell-time-history-77558322

In case you missed the final numbers. 

"The 2020 estimates will be superseded by the 2020 Census counts, which will be released in the near future." 

And those numbers actually showed an increase once it was finalized :umad:

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

In case you missed the final numbers. 

"The 2020 estimates will be superseded by the 2020 Census counts, which will be released in the near future." 

And those numbers actually showed an increase once it was finalized :umad:

a tiny increase i see. And each increase has been less than the last for the past 5 years. If it wasn't this year that saw a decline its going to be next based on the current trends. 

Let's look at RECENT articles based on the FINALIZED data shall we @Cooke

You know the same finalized data I posted on page one.

"Census 2020: California population grows 6%, becomes more diverse" 

The Golden State's population has expanded by about 2.3 million people over the past decade, with Los Angeles County holding onto its title as the nation's most populous. 

With 39,538,223 residents, California remains the state with the most people. And as the state has grown — expanding by 6.1% over the last 10 years

Edited by Goukosan
10 minutes ago, Cooke said:

a tiny increase i see. And each increase has been less than the last for the past 5 years. If it wasn't this year that saw a decline its going to be next based on the current trends. 

still and increase.  Twinblade said people were leaving in droves (record numbers) , you backed him up with preliminary data. 

California is the most populated state in America and it still saw further increases. 

With 39,538,223 residents, California remains the state with the most people

As usual you are cluesless and do not actually read or source what you post (your chart clearly said estimates),  then even after you realize it's prelim data you run with it as final data (you have shown a pattern for doing that) 

And then you double and triple down by posting articles based on the same prelim data. 

Only to now realize in your rush to confirm your bias you made an ass out of yourself yet again. 

:umad:

Edited by Goukosan
39 minutes ago, Cooke said:

says 2019 39 512 223 

says 2020 37 253 956

looks like a drop breh

31 minutes ago, Cooke said:

a quick google search shows i was right :sass1:  i guess a braindead person is smarter than you?  

29 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Sorry, it may not be peer reviewed. 

20 minutes ago, Cooke said:

a tiny increase i see. 

:ovolol:

You got me bro. California is the becon of hope and people are just flooding in there right now. No issues at all. Mecca at last 

Edited by Cooke

So many illegal immigrants given sanctuary make it hard to tell which population statistics can be taken seriously. All I know is that I hear nothing but complaints from people who live in cali, especially in the major cities. The GB guys for example were always complaining about power outages, the smoke smell from nearby fires, water shortages, having to dodge needles and shady homeless people when walking down the street. But of course they continue to vote for liberal politicians who are content with not making any changes.

I also know a game developer over there who should have a very comfy life as hes making well over 6 figures, but he lives in a SF suburb where the houses are outrageously priced. His house actually cost over twice as much as mine up here in CT but it’s actually the same size :| :D The cost of living down there is outrageous, it’s no surprise that every average joe has a roommate or 2, theres no way you could live on your own and not be constantly broke. Even NYC is no where near as bad as the average California city.

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So many illegal immigrants given sanctuary make it hard to tell which population statistics can be taken seriously. All I know is that I hear nothing but complaints from people who live in cali, especially in the major cities. The GB guys for example were always complaining about power outages, the smoke smell from nearby fires, water shortages, having to dodge needles and shady homeless people when walking down the street. But of course they continue to vote for liberal politicians who are content with not making any changes.

I also know a game developer over there who should have a very comfy life as hes making well over 6 figures, but he lives in a SF suburb where the houses are outrageously priced. His house actually cost over twice as much as mine up here in CT but it’s actually the same size :| :D The cost of living down there is outrageous, it’s no surprise that every average joe has a roommate or 2, theres no way you could live on your own and not be constantly broke. Even NYC is no where near as bad as the average California city.

Honestly the west coast from Vancouver to LA is fucked with the homeless problem and overpriced housing market, and drug deaths which are 10x that of Covid, no one seems to give a shit though. 

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Why do you think that is?

California now has the lowest COVID-19 transmission rate in the entire country. 

It also has an over 70% fully vaccinated rate. 

The republican Platform in the recal was to remove all Covid19 mandates (masks, vaccinations etc).... And they lost in a landslide. 

On 2021-09-22 at 10:49 AM, Goukosan said:

California now has the lowest COVID-19 transmission rate in the entire country. 

It also has an over 70% fully vaccinated rate. 

The republican Platform in the recal was to remove all Covid19 mandates (masks, vaccinations etc).... And they lost in a landslide. 

Yeah I don't think high vaccines rates has anything to do with it. We are over 80 fully vaxxed here and our transmission rate is higher than Cali's.  Lockdown measures are what does it, but in the end all it does it delay the spread. It happens eventually. 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

Yeah I don't think high vaccines rates has anything to do with it. We are over 80 fully vaxxed here and our transmission rate is higher than Cali's.  Lockdown measures are what does it, but in the end all it does it delay the spread. It happens eventually. 

Cali is not on lockdown. 

Cali has the lowest transmission rate AND LOWEST HOSPITALIZATION rate. 

The vaccination rate is directly tied to the low hospitalization rate. 

In any effect that's the main reason California voted to keep Gavin in a landslide. 

The republican Platform right now is anti mask and antivaxx... the majority of Americans do not want to go back to lockdowns, hospitalizations and deaths from last year... Hence why the republicans lost another race.