New PS5 model comes with a major downgrade. TCHBFAR

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

I don't entirely agree, hotter air leaving the console can also and in most cases does indicate inadequate cooling which results in an overall higher system temperature i.e. warmer air exhausting.

More effective cooling generally results in cooler exhaust temperatures as it has lowered the overall system temperature.

Cooler air leaving the console does not mean better cooling.  You truly are fucking retarded.  If that were the case my Series X would have had a meltdown.  Have you felt how hot that air is?  Hot air means it is doing it's job getting the heat out.  I think you have a fucking malfunctioning brain or just like to say stupid shit.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Sonys engineers (who are so much less intelligent than you btw) pulled out the heatsinks to save a few bucks and the bosses at Sony just decided fuck it, saving a bit of money on heatsinks will m

Damn... the cows are back in this thread since they're getting their asses handed to them in the PS Showcase related threads     bubu back to Austin Evans... Dyna wuz sayin!!  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, lostfool said:

Cooler air leaving the console does not mean better cooling.  You truly are fucking retarded.  If that were the case my Series X would have had a meltdown.  Have you felt how hot that air is?  Hot air means it is doing it's job getting the heat out.  I think you have a fucking malfunctioning brain or just like to say stupid shit.  

You're deriding the logic that this excessive heat is somehow being wicked away therefore high heat output means high heat dissipation, that's anything but the case.

It's merely displacing a constant flow of continually generated excessive heat. If it were cooling better the system temperature would fall to a lower threshold therefore the exhaust would as well.

Don't type another word, you're a functioning idiot.

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

You're deriding the logic that this excessive heat is somehow being wicked away therefore high heat output means high heat dissipation, that's anything but the case.

It's merely displacing a constant flow of continually generated excessive heat. If it were cooling better the system temperature would fall to a lower threshold therefore the exhaust would as well.

The video that I put shows that the system is running a bit hotter than usual.

That is with regular games.

Now let's see how it will run with future games.

Let's also not forget the SSD expansion slot.

I am pretty sure Sony's solution to this is to downclock the chipset.

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

It's merely displacing a constant flow of continually generated excessive heat. If it were cooling better the system temperature would fall to a lower threshold

..........it COULD fall to a lower threshold............at where the component is at.

But you're measuring the exhaust, therefore you don't know what the temperature is at the component.

You really don't know what you are talking about......you're a fucking moron.

They may very well be achieving lower temperatures at the component because they managed to transfer heat and push it out of the console unit, resulting in a higher temperature at the exhaust.

You really are stupid to even think you can make this determination from one data source that nobody even uses.

This Austin Evans guy is a retard. I don't know how he has so many subscribers but then again most people are clueless about technology so this isn't surprising.

Checking the  temperature of a console by measuring the exhaust fumes is totally idiotic. Anyone who's built a PC knows that a cooling system is only as good as how much heat it takes out of the box. More heat coming out of the box could mean the system is actually working better and that's why measuring exhaust heat alone is a stupid way of checking the temp of the internal components.

13 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

This Austin Evans guy is a retard. I don't know how he has so many subscribers but then again most people are clueless about technology so this isn't surprising.

Checking the  temperature of a console by measuring the exhaust fumes is totally idiotic. Anyone who's built a PC knows that a cooling system is only as good as how much heat it takes out of the box. More heat coming out of the box could mean the system is actually working better and that's why measuring exhaust heat alone is a stupid way of checking the temp of the internal components.

He's dumb... but he also doesn't deserve the ton of hate and shit coming his way though.  He apparently got doxxed over this bullshit too :snoop: 

Gamers are just fucking ridiculous people sometimes.. (mostly all the time) :shake: 

11 minutes ago, Remij said:

He's dumb... but he also doesn't deserve the ton of hate and shit coming his way though.  He apparently got doxxed over this bullshit too :snoop: 

Gamers are just fucking ridiculous people sometimes.. (mostly all the time) :shake: 

Oh, I agree doxxing is stupid and it's sad that shit has to come down to this level. 

The people who are doing that to him are assholes for sure.

Sucks for him but it's what comes with the territory with being a popular Youtuber. Hopefully he's able to bounce back from this and learn from the experience. He should be extra careful next time when he puts out videos and should make sure he has all the facts first to avoid all this BS.

13 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Oh, I agree doxxing is stupid and it's sad that shit has to come down to this level. 

The people who are doing that to him are assholes for sure.

Sucks for him but it's what comes with the territory with being a popular Youtuber. Hopefully he's able to bounce back from this and learn from the experience. He should be extra careful next time when he puts out videos and should make sure he has all the facts first to avoid all this BS.

What facts are in question here? I've seen both heatsinks and the new one is incredibly inferior and its lost most of its copper. The fact that it's not only smaller and has less copper and now it's outputting hotter exhaust temps very clearly tells you that the system as a whole is running hotter.

It's a forced air system, it's not removing more heat as a means of more efficient cooling, the CFM is unchanged. It's outputting more heat because it's creating more heat as a result of inferior cooling.

33 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

What facts are in question here? I've seen both heatsinks and the new one is incredibly inferior and its lost most of its copper. The fact that it's not only smaller and has less copper and now it's outputting hotter exhaust temps very clearly tells you that the system as a whole is running hotter.

It's a forced air system, it's not removing more heat as a means of more efficient cooling, the CFM is unchanged. It's outputting more heat because it's creating more heat as a result of inferior cooling.

You don't know wtf you are talking about and that's why you are considered a clown on here.

The newer PS5 has a better designed fan with more surface area on the blades on top of the heatsink taking up less space and providing room for more open air to circulate in the box.

We don't know if these factors will aid in making the system's internal components cooler or not and that's why measuring the internal temperature by measuring exhaust fumes is stupid. Looking at only the heatsink and exhaust temps is a flawed method that many Youtube tech experts and even Electrical Engineers on Resetera have called out Austin Evans on. I know you are desperate for any bad news to come out for PS5 but look for a better source than Austin and his flawed analysis, you only make yourself look as stupid as him when you're defending his flawed methods. At the end of the day, Austin may be right in saying the PS5's internal components are running hotter but his method of deducing this fact is flawed, and if he's right it will be completely blind luck because his methods are totally idiotic.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

You don't know wtf you are talking about and that's why you are considered a clown on here.

The newer PS5 has a better designed fan with more surface area on the blades on top of the heatsink taking up less space and providing room for more open air to circulate in the box.

We don't know if these factors will aid in making the system's internal components cooler or not and that's why measuring the internal temperature by measuring exhaust fumes is stupid. Looking at only the heatsink and exhaust temps is a flawed method that many Youtube tech experts and even Electrical Engineers on Resetera have called out Austin Evans on. I know you are desperate for any bad news to come out for PS5 but look for a better source than Austin and his flawed analysis, you only make yourself look as stupid as him when you're defending his flawed methods. At the end of the day, Austin may be right in saying the PS5's internal components are running hotter but his method of deducing this fact is flawed, and if he's right it will be completely blind luck because his methods are totally idiotic.

A better designed fan?

The fan is still the same, moron.

6 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

A better designed fan?

The fan is still the same, moron.

8d6.jpg

"The fan is the same, moron" (he says this while drooling on his keyboard)

You fucking moron. How are these two fans the same, you stupid and blind lemming?

ps5-fans-comparison.png?strip=all&w=960

If you can't see that the blades of the newer fan are longer and go all the way to the center then you're an idiot. Longer blades in this case means more surface area meaning they are more efficient. You would know this if you build PCs but you don't because you're a dumb shit lemming that has shit for brains. Get a brain and new eyeballs you retard.

Edited by FIREPOWER

Lemmings are fucking retarded hut it’s interesting how their mind works in such simple ways.

More heat detected leaving the console = RROD2 all but guaranteed = OMFG TCHBR!!!! :adhd:

Like in there mind there’s no other possibility. More heat detected will lead to RROD and there’s no other outcome. Its funny despite them downplaying the RROD for years you can tell it still weighs heavily on their minds.

• Like 1
On 2021-09-02 at 2:56 AM, DynamiteCop said:

As usual you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about because you’re missing a very key point. 

There’s every chance they’ve downsized the heatsink and during operation it gets hotter, couple that with a heat exchanger and you have a stream of hotter air than before. Is this bad? Only if whatever the heatsink/fan is cooling is going above a critical temperature. Both the old design and the new design could theoretically extract the same amount of heat from the cpu but the new design is doing so with a hotter air temp. What makes me so qualified to understand? I have degrees in mechanical engineering, but go ahead, tell me I’m wrong too.

In reality the only thing blowing hot air here is you and Mala :risitas2:

• Like 1
  • dead 1
12 hours ago, FIREPOWER said:

8d6.jpg

"The fan is the same, moron" (he says this while drooling on his keyboard)

You fucking moron. How are these two fans the same, you stupid and blind lemming?

ps5-fans-comparison.png?strip=all&w=960

If you can't see that the blades of the newer fan are longer and go all the way to the center then you're an idiot. Longer blades in this case means more surface area meaning they are more efficient. You would know this if you build PCs but you don't because you're a dumb shit lemming that has shit for brains. Get a brain and new eyeballs you retard.

Moron, it still is the same size.

In order to properly cool that monster of a console, you would have need a fan the size of the Series X, but nooooo, they decided to cool that ugly as sin monstrosity with a tiny fan.

Leave it to Sony "engineers" to fix something. :tom:

12 hours ago, Cell said:

As usual you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about because you’re missing a very key point. 

There’s every chance they’ve downsized the heatsink and during operation it gets hotter, couple that with a heat exchanger and you have a stream of hotter air than before. Is this bad? Only if whatever the heatsink/fan is cooling is going above a critical temperature. Both the old design and the new design could theoretically extract the same amount of heat from the cpu but the new design is doing so with a hotter air temp. What makes me so qualified to understand? I have degrees in mechanical engineering, but go ahead, tell me I’m wrong too.

In reality the only thing blowing hot air here is you and Mala :risitas2:

That would be a valid point if the old PS5 was already being properly cooled, but in reality the PS5 is a loud piece of shit.

Now put an equally sized fan with slightly longer blades.

That shit is going to be as loud as the PS4 phat.

Cows do love to stick behind their flawed pieces of shit eh?

On 2021-09-01 at 6:56 PM, DynamiteCop said:

You are a fucking moron.  You cannot claim that the components are hotter by just measuring exhaust temperatures.  The exhaust temp went up in my pc when I upgraded the cooling system.  Why?????? Because it was more effecient at pulling out the heat.  You have to measure the temps of the chips to come to the conclusion that they are hotter.  

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Moron, it still is the same size.

In order to properly cool that monster of a console, you would have need a fan the size of the Series X, but nooooo, they decided to cool that ugly as sin monstrosity with a tiny fan.

Leave it to Sony "engineers" to fix something. :tom:

The blades aren't the same size you shit head and the picture I posted proves this. It's the blades that blow the air that cool the console you fucking retard. More surface area on the blades means a more efficient fan you idiot.

I know you don't want to admit that you owned yourself but these are the facts. Anyone who has built a PC in their life knows this fact.

You're a fucking moron and should stick to eating your boogers and being a human jockstrap for Phil Spencer :mjgrin: 

Edited by FIREPOWER
23 minutes ago, lostfool said:

You are a fucking moron.  You cannot claim that the components are hotter by just measuring exhaust temperatures.  The exhaust temp went up in my pc when I upgraded the cooling system.  Why?????? Because it was more effecient at pulling out the heat.  You have to measure the temps of the chips to come to the conclusion that they are hotter.  

I've never had a PC where I've upgraded cooling and somehow my exhaust temperatures have increased. These aren't mini splits and you need to stop looking at them as if the exchange heat in the same way.

The more efficient your cooling is the lower the temperature of the components will be. The lower the temperature of the components the cooler the heatsink will be. The cooler the heatsink is the cooler the air passing through it will be therefore resulting in cooler exhaust.

You people are absolutely retarded