New PS5 model comes with a major downgrade. TCHBFAR

49 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

I've never had a PC where I've upgraded cooling and somehow my exhaust temperatures have increased.

Then you must some pretty shitty contact between the cooling components and the processor components and/or you have shitty airflow in your computer.

Its very simple--the more you keep on avoiding the simple fact that ANY computer parts review website that is remotely credible measures heat DIRECTLY at the processor....and never at the exhaust--the stupider you look.

You're simply not smart or capable enough to get around this basic fact.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah Sonys engineers (who are so much less intelligent than you btw) pulled out the heatsinks to save a few bucks and the bosses at Sony just decided fuck it, saving a bit of money on heatsinks will m

Damn... the cows are back in this thread since they're getting their asses handed to them in the PS Showcase related threads     bubu back to Austin Evans... Dyna wuz sayin!!  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop said:

I've never had a PC where I've upgraded cooling and somehow my exhaust temperatures have increased. These aren't mini splits and you need to stop looking at them as if the exchange heat in the same way.

The more efficient your cooling is the lower the temperature of the components will be. The lower the temperature of the components the cooler the heatsink will be. The cooler the heatsink is the cooler the air passing through it will be therefore resulting in cooler exhaust.

You people are absolutely retarded

Digital foundry shuts down the solely using the measuring of the exhaust temp as measure on if the new PS5 is running hotter internally argument. 

The question of whether it's hotter or not cannot be determined by measuring the heat output of the exhaust alone

the new fan may be doing a better job of pushing out the hot air and may simply be quieter than the original in the first place

However, temperatures on the main processor and the voltage regulators looked fine. Ultimately though, if the central chip is running too hot, you'd expect the fan to spin up. That seemingly didn't happen on Austin Evans' unit and it's not happening on mine either. I've been running Remedy's Control for several hours now on my own CFI-1100 unit. In ray tracing mode, the game locks to 30fps and in standard gameplay, the PS5 draws around 170W from the wall. However, visiting the now infamous Corridor of Doom - a notoriously heavy area of the game well known to the DF audience - power utilisation increases to 200W. Entering photo mode removes the 30fps frame-rate cap, adding further to the power draw, peaking at 214W.

This is pretty much the same max power draw as my launch PS5, strongly suggesting that the main processor has not been changed, but crucially, the acoustics of the new console have not adjusted at all to any noticeable degree in the hours that the scene has been running the processor flat out. Whether the machine is hotter or not is still to be tested, but logic suggests that if the new cooling assembly was not up to the task, the fan would be increasing in speed and volume to expel the build-up of heat. This does not seem to be happening - and hours on, the power draw is still consistent too.

Cue DynamiteCop to say digital foundry is clueless and they dkm know what they are taking about :dc:

Edited by Goukosan
  • dead 1

I'm gonna love it when Gaming Jesus ends up making a video of this. But he won't make it until he actually has his hands on the actual hardware unit.

But, as of right now, he probably can comment on the credibility of people who measure heat exhaust and make hardware quality determinations off of that. So I expect that topic to show up in one of his GamersNexus news videos here soon.

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm gonna love it when Gaming Jesus ends up making a video of this. But he won't make it until he actually has his hands on the actual hardware unit.

But, as of right now, he probably can comment on the credibility of people who measure heat exhaust and make hardware quality determinations off of that. So I expect that topic to show up in one of his GamersNexus news videos here soon.

It's Tech Jesus :snoop: 

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

LOL or maybe try to use your imagination to logically understand it next time.

I made a joke... it wasn't serious.  OBVIOUSLY I knew who you were talking about... because I corrected you...

Lighten up..

Anyway... as I said before.. the exhaust temp is meaningless.  If it's hot.. you know your cooling is doing it's job.  It's a good thing to feel that hot are coming out.  The fan also looks improved.. and like I said.. Sony had probably over designed the cooling assembly just to be certain there would be no issues, and now that they have much better data, they're altering the design to cut costs while maintaining the system spec.

Just now, Remij said:

I made a joke... it wasn't serious.  OBVIOUSLY I knew who you were talking about... because I corrected you...

Lighten up..

Anyway... as I said before.. the exhaust temp is meaningless.  If it's hot.. you know your cooling is doing it's job.  It's a good thing to feel that hot are coming out.  The fan also looks improved.. and like I said.. Sony had probably over designed the cooling assembly just to be certain there would be no issues, and now that they have much better data, they're altering the design to cut costs while maintaining the system spec.

Jesus Christ.

We should call you Bitch Jesus.:drake:

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The bigger issue is DynamiteCop, a self proclaimed PC hardware guru not knowing how this works. 

He needs to repent Tech Jesus for his sins :drake:

Well, thankfully DynamiteCop doesn't have 5M followers :whew: 

4 minutes ago, Remij said:

You'd just continue your streak of being wrong :tom: 

Are you seriously trying to start an argument with Jehurey about a typo/misspeak about the name tech Jesus.... While we're in a thread with two posters (Mala and DynamiteCop) both who are loud and wrong about the topic... But instead you're harping about that? 

You two don't start that shit again please... 

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

Well, thankfully DynamiteCop doesn't have 5M followers :whew: 

Which means nothing.

Tech Jesus has less subscribers...........so by your incredibly stupid logic, he knows less than that dumbass who made a fanboy clickbait video.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

You'd just continue your streak of being wrong :tom: 

Yeah.............I know you're not a Jesus of anything. So you'd just be Bitch.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Are you seriously trying to start an argument with Jehurey about a typo/misspeak about the name tech Jesus....

yeah he literally did.

And notice how he KNEW it looked stupid and childish, so he pre-emptively tried to say that I should "lighten up" before we could point out what he was just doing.

Just now, Goukosan said:

Are you seriously trying to start an argument with Jehurey about a typo/misspeak about the name tech Jesus.... While we're in a thread with two posters (Mala and DynamiteCop) both who are loud and wrong about the topic... But instead you're harping about that? 

You two don't start that shit again please... 

Dude... does it look like I was?  Did you not see the post where I told him it was a joke and to lighten up?  Then he doubled down :drake: 

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? LMFAO

And gouko... I've already actually commented in this thread about the issue... I've responded directly to Mala and DynamiteCop...

Like... do you want me to argue with them endlessly?  What more needs to be said to them?  Why the fuck are you even bothering to engage with him anymore?

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

yeah he literally did.

And notice how he KNEW it looked stupid and childish, so he pre-emptively tried to say that I should "lighten up" before we could point out what he was just doing.

All True... But you took the bait too.  You could just let it slide. 

Just now, Remij said:

Dude... does it look like I was?  Did you not see the post where I told him it was a joke and to lighten up?  Then he doubled down :drake: 

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? LMFAO

And gouko... I've already actually commented in this thread about the issue... I've responded directly to Mala and DynamiteCop...

Like... do you want me to argue with them endlessly?  What more needs to be said to them?  Why the fuck are you even bothering to engage with him anymore?

I quoted DynamiteCop once in this thread brah.. Shut him down and kept it moving. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah he literally did.

You still haven't lightened up I see.

Now I guess since you're acting like a little bitch... I wont joke around with you anymore since you obviously can't take it.  I'm not ever going to give you the benefit of the doubt ever again.

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

I quoted DynamiteCop once in this thread brah.. Shut him down and kept it moving. 

No.. you literally responded to me by bringing him up... to try to start shit and keep it going... lmao

Edited by Remij