Some new tunes I made

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.bandlab.com/post/300a75e9-aefd-ec11-b47a-281878315d59   I covered Karma Police in the first half then went to an almost Bob Moses sound for the second half   @-GD-X

https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/3fbe9a89-3127-ec11-981f-a04a5e798978   The Present Future.    It has potential    

https://www.bandlab.com/revisions/97dd934f-a937-ec11-9820-e42aac7a5303   It Came From Beyond      It's a work in progress, but it has a cool vibe I think. 

On 2021-09-05 at 2:15 AM, Cooke said:

There's alot to like here. I actually like the background white noise. Obviously its because its a limitation of where you are recording at, but it makes it seem more genuine, like you're being recorded in a warehouse space.

The acoustic guitar sounds really Led Zeppelin III, but obviously without the southern blues-ey  twanging.

Love how you are developing really pleasant pauses or letting a note just ring out for a 2-3 seconds before starting to play again. Its sounds confident, like you enjoyed that note so much, that you decided to let it hang it there.

I started to like what you were doing from 45 seconds onward, but it got a little messy and convoluted around the 55 second mark for the next 8-10 seconds. Would have sounded nice if the music was escalating sorta like in "Baby I'm Gonna Leave You" before they hit the main chorus.

Also, that note that you stumble upon at the 1:13, that has a lovely hint of darkness, you need to expand on that. That would make like a nice little section by itself before returning back to the previous notes.

29 minutes ago, jehurey said:

There's alot to like here. I actually like the background white noise. Obviously its because its a limitation of where you are recording at, but it makes it seem more genuine, like you're being recorded in a warehouse space.

The acoustic guitar sounds really Led Zeppelin III, but obviously without the southern blues-ey  twanging.

Love how you are developing really pleasant pauses or letting a note just ring out for a 2-3 seconds before starting to play again. Its sounds confident, like you enjoyed that note so much, that you decided to let it hang it there.

I started to like what you were doing from 45 seconds onward, but it got a little messy and convoluted around the 55 second mark for the next 8-10 seconds. Would have sounded nice if the music was escalating sorta like in "Baby I'm Gonna Leave You" before they hit the main chorus.

Also, that note that you stumble upon at the 1:13, that has a lovely hint of darkness, you need to expand on that. That would make like a nice little section by itself before returning back to the previous notes.

Interesting, my dad said it sounded like zeppelin too. Thanks for listening. Yes the sound quality isn't always great, it's just with my phone mic

• 2 weeks later...

from the beginning is mild. 12:01 is okay, sounds like it isn't done yet, this could be really cool. I like your ambient, like that one song you did, cat & dogs empire or whatever 😁

when will it rain is okay, I was hoping for a twist. 

august night is eehh

outerwild has some nice vibes, first some western feel after that completely different. kinda cool.

thunder donkeys just isn't my style, I like the drums tho. I think someone like GD might appreciate it. 

edison's bulb :gasp:  I like it a lot, that shit sounds so weird :glad: 

edith says: I meant this one 

https://www.bandlab.com/post/3b9ddb60c551e91180f428187831ee7a_25d3fbf98171eb1198890050f28a50ba

this is really such a good tune. i will put it on my phone  ☺️

Edited by kaz
1 hour ago, kaz said:

from the beginning is mild. 12:01 is okay, sounds like it isn't done yet, this could be really cool. I like your ambient, like that one song you did, cat & dogs empire or whatever 😁

when will it rain is okay, I was hoping for a twist. 

august night is eehh

outerwild has some nice vibes, first some western feel after that completely different. kinda cool.

thunder donkeys just isn't my style, I like the drums tho. I think someone like GD might appreciate it. 

edison's bulb :gasp:  I like it a lot, that shit sounds so weird :glad: 

edith says: I meant this one 

https://www.bandlab.com/post/3b9ddb60c551e91180f428187831ee7a_25d3fbf98171eb1198890050f28a50ba

this is really such a good tune. i will put it on my phone  ☺️

thanks for listening!  I think i should go back to galactic empire of space dogs and touch it up. the Piano is too quiet i think. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Cooke said:

thanks for listening!  I think i should go back to galactic empire of space dogs and touch it up. the Piano is too quiet i think. 

whatever you do with that track keep the version you have right now for backup.

I think you should work on 12:01. I really like the sound of it but it doesn't seem complete. 

you are very talented, cookey 😌. you do a lot of different stuff and that I prefer your ambient is just my taste, others might enjoy your guitar tunes more which are also really good. don't stop.

7 minutes ago, kaz said:

whatever you do with that track keep the version you have right now for backup.

I think you should work on 12:01. I really like the sound of it but it doesn't seem complete. 

you are very talented, cookey 😌. you do a lot of different stuff and that I prefer your ambient is just my taste, others might enjoy your guitar tunes more which are also really good. don't stop.

I will make an ambient dark track for you right now 

• Thanks 1