The Official 2021 NFL Thread. Keep all American football discussion here. (pin please)

1 hour ago, Ike said:

He’s the one who coined the term Wideback. Plus Mostert should be back and pretty much any speedy RB works in Shanahan’s scheme. 

Raheem Mostert went to the Fins.  I really like Deebo but he has to realize that the reason he is so successful is his ability to be a threat anywhere.  I don't believe he is as good as a typical WR.  Too many drops and his rout running is not very crisp.  

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes! Yess!! Put it in my veins!!

Imagine being in the NFC West and not being 2-0 

This has been the most incredible weekend OF NFL football in my life.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ike said:

[Hughes] While Deebo Samuel can scream to the high heavens RE trade, #49ers have him under contract for this year & next (tag). Samuel won’t forfeit that money. Leverage is with San Francisco. From what I’m told: SF well aware they need Deebo to compete. Source: “He ain’t getting out”

Yeah, I don't even know where the animosity is coming from. He was on pace for 1700 receiving yards before 49ers RBs started dropping like flies, so clearly the team views him as a WR. 

1 hour ago, lostfool said:

Raheem Mostert went to the Fins.  I really like Deebo but he has to realize that the reason he is so successful is his ability to be a threat anywhere.  I don't believe he is as good as a typical WR.  Too many drops and his rout running is not very crisp.  

Aiyuk can easily have a 1000+ yard season if he stays healthy. Deebo’s best ability was YAC. 

39 minutes ago, jehurey said:

wouldn't he be somewhat upset that the 49ers are still keeping Garapolo as QB, as far as we can see?

Lance will be the starter. Jimmy won’t be with the Niners come week 1. 

36 minutes ago, jehurey said:

wouldn't he be somewhat upset that the 49ers are still keeping Garapolo as QB, as far as we can see?

Problem is that they need to trade Jimmy G to get rid of his salary.  They can't cut him because they would still be on the hook for it.  They don't have the cap space to keep Garoppolo and give Samual that much money. Garoppolo screwed the Niners when he secretly had shoulder surgery. That made him pretty useless to anybody this year because he would miss the entire off season program.  That is vital for a QB going into a new system.