I bought a portable monitor that powers the Switch so you don't need a dock

The monitor is USB c powered and you just plug the switch into it and it keeps the switch charged as well. The switch thinks it's docked. Pretty cool for going out of town. 

PXL_20210906_222507073.jpg

Edited by Cooke
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Neat.  How much does it cost?

Portable Monitor, GICHAT Mini 15.8 Inch Computer Display 1920x1080 Full HD IPS Screen USB C Gaming Monitor Dual Speaker with Type-C HDMI for Laptop Xbox PS4 PC MAC Phone Include Smart Cover https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08N4K1PJV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_QSW0VRR0A5VHV86S9Q52

It was on sale last week for 229 CAD. But there are other similar once for that price or less. The thing can run off a mobile battery pack too. I had the switch and monitor running off a 24000mah battery for like 8 hours. My nephews were playing on a camping trip 

Oh they suck at cuphead but love it for some reason . 

Edited by Cooke
1 minute ago, Cooke said:

Portable Monitor, GICHAT Mini 15.8 Inch Computer Display 1920x1080 Full HD IPS Screen USB C Gaming Monitor Dual Speaker with Type-C HDMI for Laptop Xbox PS4 PC MAC Phone Include Smart Cover https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08N4K1PJV/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_QSW0VRR0A5VHV86S9Q52

It was on sale last week for 229 CAD. But there are other similar once for that price or less. The thing can run off a mobile battery pack too. I had the switch and monitor running off a 24000mah battery for like 8 hours. My nephews were playing on a camping trip 

Oh they suck at cuphead but love it for some reason . 

That's pretty awesome.  Could definitely have it's uses. 

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

That's pretty awesome.  Could definitely have it's uses. 

I'm just trying to find some cheap way to play movies on it. Pixel phones don't let you video out through usb and fire stick/Roku don't have any memory to download shit. 

7 hours ago, JonbX said:

We go from Sheep "best on switch because its portable" to sheep lugging around junk monitors on the bus to work LOL

Lol, I bought it to mount in my truck camper. It's better than the shitty tvs they come with and it uses much less power.