The Matrix 4 trailer

They kind of have to start with all of them being normal people within the Matrix, because this is clearly a new iteration of the Matrix that was created after the last one was either destroyed or it faded out (peacefully?).

So, do I understand correctly that the machine can't get the Matrix to work unless all of the glitches in the system are consolidated and pretty much placed into one person, and that is the reason why "The One" exists in the first place?

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This isn't some kind of rebuttal. It's clear what they're doing with the movie. It's a soft reboot related to the others but not directly linked to their chronology as a means of being a singular focused title that anybody can grasp onto.

The wachowskis already said they're not digging into the past.

There is a brief shot in the trailer of the machines working on Neo's burnt out eyes.

So the implication here is that the machines are still using Neo's body. And I believe there's a shot of Trinity waking up in her pod in the real world with cord connected to her, which means her body was re-inserted into the Matrix (or this current iteration of the Matrix, which may be a new iteration).

So they would have to explain why are the machines still holding on and using those two physical bodies.

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

This isn't some kind of rebuttal. It's clear what they're doing with the movie. It's a soft reboot related to the others but not directly linked to their chronology as a means of being a singular focused title that anybody can grasp onto.

The wachowskis already said they're not digging into the past.

It's a sequel.  There's a shot with neo's real body with his burnt eyes outside the matrix with the machines repairing his eyes (remember a truce was formed at the end of the last movie) 

The reason inside the matrix looks different was already explained in the previous movies. 

The Matrix is rebooted after every new version of neo "saves" the humans.  Each new version of the matrix improves upon the previous flaws that the neo before it exposed.   This was explained in the last two movies when he met the architect and at the end of the last movie. 

So I ask again, have you not seen a matrix movie before? 

Just now, Goukosan said:

It's a sequel.  There's a shot with neo's real body with his burnt eyes outside the matrix with the machines repairing his eyes (remember a truce was formed at the end of the last movie) 

The reason inside the matrix looks different was already explained in the previous movies. 

The Matrix is rebooted after every new version of neo "saves" the humans.  Each new version of the matrix improves upon the previous flaws that the neo before it exposed.   This was explained in the last two movies when he met the architect and at the end of the last movie. 

Just because the premise was previously set up doesn't mean that this is not a reboot. Like I said it's a soft reboot. What happened in the previous movies with the architect and the explanation of hundreds of anomalies which came before him gave them the perfect in. They created the concept of the reboot before the thought of it was even going to happen.

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Just because the premise was previously set up doesn't mean that this is not a reboot. Like I said it's a soft reboot. What happened in the previous movies with the architect and the explanation of hundreds of anomalies which came before him gave them the perfect in. They created the concept of the reboot before the thought of it was even going to happen.

When I say reboot I don't mean the movie itself is a reboot.   The matrix itself that's in the movie. 

You know the program that controls the humans reboots after each neo saves it. 

This is the same neo from the previous movies inside a rebooted matrix world. 

That in itself doesn't mean it's a rebooted movie. 

Edited by Goukosan

I was expecting KR to be younger in the Matrix and the movie to depend heavily on CGI to model him as the young Neo.

It is going to be a really tough mission from WB to capture that essence from the first movie, especially back then when people thought the Matrix had some afterlife meaning, but then it's true meaning was told and it quickly lost a meaningful purpose.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Lol no shit it makes sense canonically speaking, still the end result is a soft reboot, they rethreading old shit we've already seen in the first movie.

God, it must be liberating to be able to say any stupid shit and expect people to take you seriously. 

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

When I say reboot I don't mean the movie itself is a reboot.   The matrix itself that's in the movie. 

You know the program that controls the humans reboots after each neo saves it. 

This is the same neo from the previous movies inside a rebooted matrix world. 

That in itself doesn't mean it's a rebooted movie. 

By the definition given from our resident antigeniuses , nearly every sequel is a soft reboot. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Omg this looks terrible and they're practically rebooting the first movie with that story.

More Hollywood low IQ trash. You're all fucking retarded for thinking this looks good.

Technically you are right. It’s a reboot. Because it’s the matrix. It could actually be acknowledged in the movie.

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

That was actually pretty good.

And in my opinion all Matrix games were good.

First one was awesome.

3 minutes ago, Chicano3000X said:

I always liked the idea that Zion was also apart of the Matrix. That would have been an amazing and horrifying twist.

Zion meant death and rebirth which is why it was separate from the Matrix. Although I found it basic that only one Matrix was found.