Microsoft have had basically all year to build hype and steal momentum until today, have they?

Seems to me like PlayStation has been the brand with the buzz around ever since the PS4 (switch too but in Nintendo fashion since the Wii they just carve out there own niche market). I cannot remember exactly when the PlayStation showcase was but it was probably about a year ago at least and they’ve since skipped e3 and gamescom. Let’s be real, MS have had the media to themselves and could have stolen the ‘buzz’, but have they?

In the UK nobody gives a fuck about the Xbox other than the typical crowd, seems like it’s the same elsewhere. Halo (predictably) doesn’t have the same pull it once did and infact it seems to be in the news for the wrong reasons (memes and delays). 

Has anything shifted towards the Xbox in PlayStation’s absence?

:wonder:

Edited by Cell
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ask @jehurey, instead of playing PS5 games he streams Xbox games to his phone  

Must be better than PS5 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Anything low res and low latency like your typical game for Switch.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

When you have to make threads like this the answer is yes.

I honestly think if Sony thought Microsoft were stealing there thunder they would of put this event on months ago or at least showed up at E3.

9 minutes ago, Cell said:

I honestly think if Sony thought Microsoft were stealing there thunder they would of put this event on months ago or at least showed up at E3.

With what? It's a 40-minute show. You need to dial back your expectations. Sony was in a major development cycle which ended at the end of last generation, they're in a drought right now and major titles won't be coming for a decent amount of time.

48 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

he uses xcloud? is it any good? 

Not for games that require accurate control.

Which is why I used it for the game 12 Minutes only.

This is what people are not talking about.........Xcloud is going to not going to cut it when you try to play Forza Horizon on it. You're simply not going to be getting 1st place in races.

Just now, jehurey said:

Not for games that require accurate control.

Which is why I used it for the game 12 Minutes only.

This is what people are not talking about.........Xcloud is going to not going to cut it when you try to play Forza Horizon on it. You're simply not going to be getting 1st place in races.

yeah, i can see cloud gaming being great for something like a virtual novel or a turn-based jrpg. 

2 hours ago, Cell said:

Seems to me like PlayStation has been the brand with the buzz around ever since the PS4 (switch too but in Nintendo fashion since the Wii they just carve out there own niche market). I cannot remember exactly when the PlayStation showcase was but it was probably about a year ago at least and they’ve since skipped e3 and gamescom. Let’s be real, MS have had the media to themselves and could have stolen the ‘buzz’, but have they?

In the UK nobody gives a fuck about the Xbox other than the typical crowd, seems like it’s the same elsewhere. Halo (predictably) doesn’t have the same pull it once did and infact it seems to be in the news for the wrong reasons (memes and delays). 

Has anything shifted towards the Xbox in PlayStation’s absence?

:wonder:

Nobody gives a fuck about the UK.

Microsoft has had a great year delivering bangers after bangers.

Shitstation had nothing and you are basically judging a whole year based on a presentation of games that won't come till next year?  :tom:

8 minutes ago, ghostz life matters said:

Today, played a quick game of Madden 22. :love:

How many months has it been since you’ve fired up the ole PS5?

I turned it on yesterday.

LOL, thanks for admitting you played Madden 22. You have now lost the right to whine about any game I play on my PS5.

• NPC 1