Apple just lost the court case between them and Epic Games, apps can now use other payment method separate from Apple's Payment System

Just now, jehurey said:

Nope, this doesn't the future submission of the Fortnite app.

This is about Epic's "APP STORE"

Tell me................is Fortnite an "app store"

Or is it a VIDEO GAME????????????????

Wow, you are stupid.

They are talking about Epic’s account with the Apple App Store.. Jesus :kaz:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this means Microsoft can now natively bring xCloud to iPhones and Apple can't do a damn thing about it LOL.

Lol jerry. The tech companies completely own the EU and US congress these days. That has been apparent how they keep getting away with their shit and lying to their faces.   The US will do n

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They can get around this by simply creating another subsidary and submitting the Fortnite app under that.

Apple’s termination of the DPLA and the related agreements between Epic Games and Apple was valid, lawful, and enforceable, and (ii) Apple has the contractual right to terminate its DPLA with any or all of Epic Games’ wholly owned subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or other entities under Epic Games’ control at any time and at Apple’s sole discretion.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

But that doesn't stop Epic from re-submitting again with an app that is within the TOS.

That is a ruling of a past event.

Epic's developer account is banned. They can't re-submit anything until Apple unbans their account.

There's too much money being left on the table for Fornite not to come back to iOS, but the ball is entirely in Apple's court right now.

54 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope, that was in the past.

He is not ruling on the future submission of the Fortnite app, which will be under a different TOS because of this court ruling.

I dunno, this doesn't sound right. I think you are understating the ruling. I'm not a lawyer but it seems Epic needs to fall in line with Apple more than the other way. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I dunno, this doesn't sound right. I think you are understating the ruling. I'm not a lawyer but it seems Epic needs to fall in line with Apple more than the other way. 

Yep.. Epic didn't "win" anything here... 

Epic wanted direct in app purchases using 3rd party payment options.. and they didn't get it.  They got the ability to link to an outside payment option from the app.  Epic made the case that that extra layer of friction loses them sales.  So they didn't get what they wanted.

And they have to pay Apple money as well...

What Epic got was the "well it's better than nothing" package.. and Tim will just have to accept that for now.

Unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Don't let the title fool you, Epic got got absolutely obliterated in this ruling.

Non-Epic developers got a decent win in that they can provide in-game buttons that link to a webpage where you can buy directly from them, but Epic wanted to introduce their own storefront on iOS and their own payment processor on iOS. Epic wanted to be the middle-man instead of Apple, but not only did the judge deny them that opportunity but the judge also ruled against Epic when it came to Epic's developer account, which means the future of Fortnite on iOS is completely in Apple's hands. It was a bloodbath.

Thanks, it would have helped if the full link was posted lol

I hate Apple’s closed off walled garden pile of crap but Epic really is such a grubby, greedy company. Tim Sweeny has that used car salesman smell that all the xbox spokespeople had.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.. Epic didn't "win" anything here... 

Epic wanted direct in app purchases using 3rd party payment options.. and they didn't get it.  They got the ability to link to an outside payment option from the app.  Epic made the case that that extra layer of friction loses them sales.  So they didn't get what they wanted.

And they have to pay Apple money as well...

What Epic got was the "well it's better than nothing" package.. and Tim will just have to accept that for now.

Unfortunately.

They can accept it for now, because there's already existing legislation in Congress, and the EU is well on their way to breaking iOS to allow side-loading.

So, whatever Epic can do to TEMPORARY get the fortnite allowed back onto the App Store is just to tide them over until the governments finish the job that they started.

So if I'm Tim Sweeney, I'd probably tell Apple "let us back in, and anybody who buys Vbucks from our link, we'll give you something like 10% of that transaction. We're not going to use your credit card system and give you 30%, and 10% is better than nobody making money at all."

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They can accept it for now, because there's already existing legislation in Congress, and the EU is well on their way to breaking iOS to allow side-loading.

So, whatever Epic can do to TEMPORARY get the fortnite allowed back onto the App Store is just to tide them over until the governments finish the job that they started.

So if I'm Tim Sweeney, I'd probably tell Apple "let us back in, and anybody who buys Vbucks from our link, we'll give you something like 10% of that transaction. We're not going to use your credit card system and give you 30%, and 10% is better than nobody making money at all."

And Apple can tell them no if they want. :tom:

Just now, ghostz life matters said:

And Apple can tell them no if they want. :tom:

LOL that's all you have to hope for at this point.

Epic started breaking the iOS wall, and the US Congress has existing legislation, and so does the EU to completely break it down and fully allow side-loading.

Which means, Epic completely wins at that point.

I love how you're trying to celebrate something that can only be temporary.

That's all you have.:drake:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL that's all you have to hope for at this point.

Epic started breaking the iOS wall, and the US Congress has existing legislation, and so does the EU to completely break it down and fully allow side-loading.

Which means, Epic completely wins at that point.

I love how you're trying to celebrate something that can only be temporary.

That's all you have.:drake:

And then Andorks will officially have no reason to say Android is better :kaz: it’s a win win for iPhones :love:

Lol jerry. The tech companies completely own the EU and US congress these days. That has been apparent how they keep getting away with their shit and lying to their faces.

The US will do nothing because they’re all fat snakes taking bribes and the EU will just throw more fines at them which will still be pocket change to these companies. Apple, Google , Facebook etc will continue to do whatever the hell they want. They spend foo much on lobbying to be touched

• Upvote 1
Just now, ghostz life matters said:

And then Andorks will officially have no reason to say Android is better :kaz: it’s a win win for iPhones :love:

LOL he just lost the argument.

Nope, there's plenty of other things Android does that iPhones still don't.

Oh man, I almost feel sorry for you at this point.