Now that Sony has Spiderman and Wolverine, we should find a superhero for Xbox

:D 

Nah though... fuck that.  Just make new original IP.  If Sony starts shitting out Marvel games every year people will get annoyed soon enough.  Nothing MS could get ahold of would even compete with Spider-man and Wolverine anyway.

Make new IP.  Sony Cinematic Universe games are getting old as fuck. 

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

Nah though... fuck that.  Just make new original IP.  If Sony starts shitting out Marvel games every year people will get annoyed soon enough.  Nothing MS could get ahold of would even compete with Spider-man and Wolverine anyway.

There literally been 1.5 games so far for Marvel Sony games. It's not even close to getting old. Just begun if anything. 

MS would kill for anything on this scale of IP from Marvel and they have such lack of faith in creating a new powerhouse IP that they even gave their new premiere studio (The Initiative) Perfect Dark. Same reason they continue to bank on Forza, Halo, Gears. 

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There literally been 1.5 games so far for Marvel Sony games. It's not even close to getting old. Just begun if anything. 

MS would kill for anything on this scale of IP from Marvel and they have such lack of faith in creating a new powerhouse IP that they even gave their new premiere studio (The Initiative) Perfect Dark. Same reason they continue to bank on Forza, Halo, Gears. 

Spider-Man 

Spider Man: Miles Morales

Spider Man 2

Wolverine

That's 4 already... and I'm already sick of seeing Insomniac being relegated to Marvel shit.  It's VERY clear that Sony's focus is going to be on growing their "Marvel Sony Universe".. 

But hey.. if Insomniac can make all those games while releasing separate new IP, like a Resistance or Ratchet or something new every so often.. I'll eat my words.  I just think Sony's going to work them dry with this shit.

Wolverine I bet will be fucking awesome though.  A SM type game with a violent Wolverine sounds awesome.

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Spider-Man 

Spider Man: Miles Morales

Spider Man 2

Wolverine

That's 4 already... and I'm already sick of seeing Insomniac being relegated to Marvel shit.  It's VERY clear that Sony's focus is going to be on growing their "Marvel Sony Universe".. 

But hey.. if Insomniac can make all those games while releasing separate new IP, like a Resistance or Ratchet or something new every so often.. I'll eat my words.  I just think Sony's going to work them dry with this shit.

Wolverine I bet will be fucking awesome though.  A SM type game with a violent Wolverine sounds awesome.

Spiderman and Miles that have actually been released. Those next 2 probably over the next 2/3 years. 

So far the quality of their output has been top notch. Both of those entries (SM and Miles) are imo better than any actual MCU adaptions of those same characters (only Spiderverse is better) and have superb gameplay on top of that. 

While doing that they also released a stellar Ratchet game. They are firing on all cylinders atm and I'm actually pleased their output it maintaining the same level and not seeing a huge slowdown that we saw with ND once they got to the elite level. 

Their Wolverine game is going to be so damn good. Absolute dream dev for that style of game. 

Would love for the to return to Resistance though. I want that more than a new IP from Insomniac. 

Also don't forget that for Sony, this is their one dev atm which isn't fully dedicated to their own IPs. It is not an area in which they lack, they put so much into new IPs last gen.

6 hours ago, Remij said:

So it would get old if spiderman, Wolverine and other marvel characters from the biggest IPs in the world are released on a yearly basis. 

But apparently a new Forza game every year for 8 years straight did not get old. 

:umad:

• dead 1
14 hours ago, Remij said:

Yes, judging by the decade long success in Movies and TV, people are definitely losing a taste for it. Meanwhile the people really want another dry ass Halo game. 

• Like 1