August NPD: Switch #1 hardware, Playstation #1 revenue, Xbox #1 in losing the gen

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Lemmings are actually saying that want to be eternal renters, for the rest of their lives.

As they continue to devote hundreds of dollars every year towards the hobby, the moment they miss a monthly payment, they have nothing.

They own nothing. After all of those hundreds of dollars, the moment they stop paying.........there's nothing to their name.

What's to stop Microsoft from saying "we're raising the monthly rates" and you think it actually borders on it not being worth it, then you cancel the subscription........and you have NOTHING.

This business model simply does not line up with people who have been in the hobby of videogames for a long time. If people devote hundreds of dollars into video games, they expect to have their own cherished library of video games that they keep as a collection.

I just read that they are REMOVING Forza Motorsport 7 from GamePass.

Why?  Its fully owned by Microsoft.

Last time I checked, Libraries only GROW in what they offer........they don't LOSE books when new ones come in.

This has the same feeling of a Ponzi scheme, where the longer this goes, the more it ceases to make sense.

There are people who say "well, I'll just cancel GamePass, and when a major game comes out, I'll just subscribe for that month."

We're already seeing evidence of Microsoft chopping up their games to release it in pieces, as a response to this. The more this goes on, the less all of this makes sense.

https://s1.qwant.com/thumbr/0x0/9/1/f5296ee617f0030af4c9f32f7d77c4f7305c8582781805fefeea02d86ff952/e1DT_0-DF8Ga1QMQYQh_0GSQCJlEpL6W-EcJfk1pLOo.jpg?u=https%3A%2F%2Fexternal-preview.redd.it%2Fe1DT_0-DF8Ga1QMQYQh_0GSQCJlEpL6W-EcJfk1pLOo.jpg%3Fauto%3Dwebp%26s%3D23bd0e0f9d467216ad9a82f2add41736fca6ad95&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=0

It's not surprising that the people cheering and praying for Microsoft to buy out the entire gaming industry are like this :mickey: they're like a fucking doomsday cult, cheering as their dark overlord takes control of the world. These are the type of people who just LOVE being fucked up the ass by billionaires.

No other faction has been this bad. Any lemming that was in it for the games left a LONG time ago. Lemmings post 2013 are a weird bunch, we're dealing with something extremely dark here.

• Like 1
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

maybe he meant fire sales

Xbox has neither 

That 4 already, I'm already sick of it ...      Wait another Forza title? I'm no where close to being sick of those

1 minute ago, Remij said:

LMAO you said Libraries don't cycle out books! :mj: 

Nope, just infinite shelf space huh :drake: 

:ovolol: 

Remember when they told you one of the advantages of digital distribution was unlimited shelf space? :drake:

• Haha 1

LMAO you said Libraries don't cycle out books! :mj: 

Nope, just infinite shelf/server space huh :drake: 

:ovolol: 

He's actually defending this.

Lemmings are literally celebrating................being renters for the rest of their life when it comes to this hobby.

And on top of that........they still don't even have a GOTY winning franchise in their entire library, except for Skyrim.

He's actually defending this.

Lemmings are literally celebrating................being renters for the rest of their life when it comes to this hobby.

And on top of that........they still don't even have a GOTY winning franchise in their entire library, except for Skyrim.

Imagine getting mad that a library cycles out books for you to loan.... when you have the ability to buy them from the bookstore :drake: 

Imagine getting mad that a library cycles out books for you to loan.... when you have the ability to buy them from the bookstore :drake: 

Yeah..........it makes me want to cancel the rental service once I realize money spent on ownership is more satisfactory over the long term.

.......assuming Microsoft made games that enticed that much ownership.

Just now, jehurey said:

Yeah..........it makes me want to cancel the rental service once I realize money spent on ownership is more satisfactory over the long term.

.......assuming Microsoft made games that enticed that much ownership.

Ok, you do you.. that's what the option is for :drake: 

2 minutes ago, Remij said:

Ok, you do you.. that's what the option is for :drake: 

Me doing me...................clearly seems to be what the majority of gamers are doing, based on this NPD sales report.

Which is the whole point of these posts.

This is not a strategy that is winning people over and moving to Microsoft.

Xbox digital services were down 4%.

GamePass is not growing at any rate that people would call "hot."

Like I said...............the top Microsoft execs are going to want their $7.5 billion dollars back in increased revenue, sometime during this decade.

Just now, jehurey said:

Me doing me...................clearly seems to be what the majority of gamers are doing, based on this NPD sales report.

Which is the whole point of these posts.

This is not a strategy that is winning people over and moving to Microsoft.

Xbox digital services were down 4%.

GamePass is not growing at any rate that people would call "hot."

Like I said...............the top Microsoft execs are going to want their $7.5 billion dollars back in increased revenue, sometime during this decade.

No, the majority of gamers actually play the games they buy.. :mj: 

This guy concern trolling about a gaming service... when he doesn't even play games :ovolol: 

You game so little not even MS would count you as an active user :lawl: 

No, the majority of gamers actually play the games they buy.. :mj: 

This guy concern trolling about a gaming service... when he doesn't even play games :ovolol: 

You game so little not even MS would count you as an active user :lawl: 

And he just ran away from the actual argument.

Just like I thought he would.

Anyways back on topic.

Microsoft has said a word about the state of GamePass since February of this year.

Nintendo reports that they are selling huge, Sony reports that they are selling huge and are scrambling to try and make sure there's enough PS5 in the upcoming supply.

And Microsoft just says nothing about GamePass, and how its doing.

46 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Your tears are so delicious. You can go eat a bag of dicks with your "critical reception". You clowns didn't support the game despite hyping it to the moon.

Aren't you a member of the lemshit brigade that have been telling us critical reception doesn't matter when Sony's games are topping metacritic and winning GOTYs back to back but now they suddenly matter because MS finally has a game highly rated in more than a decade? FOH, you lemshit hypocrite and take your damage control spin with you.

I'm not a Lemming, I didn't hype Psychonauts 2 and I will play it sometime this year.

Yeah, I don't care about reviews but you do. Unless it's a MS game it seems.

It's fine, you can always experience what an actual good platformer feels like when playing Psychonauts 2 PS4 version on your PS5, clown. :pavarotti:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

And he just ran away from the actual argument.

Just like I thought he would.

Anyways back on topic.

Microsoft has said a word about the state of GamePass since February of this year.

Nintendo reports that they are selling huge, Sony reports that they are selling huge and are scrambling to try and make sure there's enough PS5 in the upcoming supply.

And Microsoft just says nothing about GamePass, and how its doing.

You don't get to talk about a game playing service.... until you actually start playing some games :umad: 

No, I'm talking about the subject of this thread.

If you aren't.........then go cry somewhere else.

That's right.. so stop talking about a service which is about playing games... when you don't ever play games.

A service meant for playing games... isn't meant for YOU.

Thanks.

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

That's right.. so stop talking about a service which is about playing games... when you don't ever play games.

Thanks.

No, I play games, and I am talking about flailing services like GamePass.

You are free to cry somewhere else instead of trying to derail another thread.

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm not a Lemming, I didn't hype Psychonauts 2 and I will play it sometime this year.

Yeah, I don't care about reviews but you do. Unless it's a MS game it seems.

It's fine, you can always experience what an actual good platformer feels like when playing Psychonauts 2 PS4 version on your PS5, clown. :pavarotti:

I actually own a PC and I'm a hermit/cow but since this website only lets us pick one option I picked Cow because I don't want to be associated with fake HermitLems like you pretending to be hermit when you're actually a Lem. No self respecting Hermit would shill and suck off Microsoft the way you do, you're a lem fraud hiding behind PC.

I have no interest in the game and apparently neither do most people seeing as the shit didn't even chart on NPD  :vabe:

If I actually cared about the game I could have bought it on Steam and GOG like I do with my other PC games. Unlike clowns like you I don't rent games I want, I actually buy them.

it's hilarious when Sony has been putting out games like TLOU2 and GOW which actually win awards and get all the critical acclaim you've been here damage controlling and downplaying them but suddenly  now you are bringing up the ratings of Psychonauts 2. It doesn't work that way you lemshit. You don't get to downplay critical acclaim on another platform and then bring it up when your favorite platform gets it. This is why you Lemshits are the jokes of the gaming industry. It's not about the love of games for you clowns, it's about deepthroating a Trillion dollar company :qbad:

Edited by FIREPOWER
3 minutes ago, Remij said:

No... you don't play games.

Sorry............this thread isn't about you crying.

I believe losing-your-shit-over-me is the third door on the left.

We're talking about gamers clearly being excited enough by the products that Sony and Nintendo are putting out, that they are dominating the market.

And how there doesn't seem to be any market indicators that show that to be happening with anybody else in gaming.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry............this thread isn't about you crying.

I believe losing-your-shit-over-me is the third door on the left.

We're talking about gamers clearly being excited enough by the products that Sony and Nintendo are putting out, that they are dominating the market.

And how there doesn't seem to be any market indicators that show that to be happening with anybody else in gaming.

Not enough for you to play them though eh? :bena: 

:tom: 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Lol this clown is mad that Psychonauts 2 critical reception was better than Ratshit and Clank's so now it's back to spinning sales arguments. 

PS5 most praised exclusive this year, Returnal, isn't a huge blockbuster either. Sales never was a metric for quality. 

Lol trying to downplay Sony charging more for 'next-gen' games for no other apparent reason than greed. 

Cows are turning into Sheep, it seems.

this is pretty funny coming from someone thats stayed mad for months that ratchet and returnals critical reception was better than your guaranteed goty resident evil 8.

and no, psychonauts 2 reception (87) was not better than ratchet (88), and returnal (85) is not the most praised ps5 exclusive this year. deathloop is also currently at 88.

good luck on your continuing search for a gotcha game that outscores ratchet tho  :tom:

• aitch 1
1 minute ago, Quad Damage said:

this is pretty funny coming from someone thats stayed mad for months that ratchet and returnals critical reception was better than your guaranteed goty resident evil 8.

and no, psychonauts 2 reception (87) was not better than ratchet (88), and returnal (85) is not the most praised ps5 exclusive this year. deathloop is also currently at 88.

good luck on your continuing search for a gotcha game that outscores ratchet tho  :tom:

Psychonaut 2 = 89 :reg: 

:juggle: