Rate the consoles for each gen

I'll just post winners in terms of taste rather than sales. 

PS2

PS4 

It can be argued that ps3 made an eventual come back win, but how they launched the ps3, the debacle with sixxaxis/ds3, and PSN being way behind XBL at the time. I just got way more enjoyment out of the 360. It took me years into the ps4 life span to even warm up to the ps3. 

1.SNES

2.Genesis

1.Playstation 1

2.Nintendo 64

1.Dreamcast

3.Playstation 2

4.Gamecube

5.Xbox

1.Playstation 3

2.Xbox 360

3.Wii

I didn't buy a Xbox One, or Xbox Series X nor a Switch nor the PS5 so I'll just stop there.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

A thread created purely so you could put Xbox at the bottom. You don't care about replies, and you're psychotic.

Awww baby Deeno 🥺 did I hurt your fee fees?

If it makes you feel any better I actually made this because I was more curious who would dare to put xflop at the top.

You feel I have been too harsh on xbox? Tell me where. It seems to be widely accepted that xbox one was junk and easily one of the most irrelevant consoles ever released so I’m assuming your beef is with the placing of OG or 360?

20 minutes ago, Ramza said:

1.SNES

2.Genesis

1.Playstation 1

2.Nintendo 64

1.Dreamcast

3.Playstation 2

4.Gamecube

5.Xbox

1.Playstation 3

2.Xbox 360

3.Wii

I didn't buy a Xbox One, or Xbox Series X nor a Switch nor the PS5 so I'll just stop there.

Shit I completely forget that the Wii existed :D

Now I gotta fit it in somewhere.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, lynux3 said:

360 got pummeled after 2009 and started losing momentum after 2007.

Very true and don't get me wrong, my fav games were on PS3, the last few years were epic, however overall, if we are talking about consoles as a whole, not just exclusives, I think I edge it to the X360. It had a great start, some great games, pushed XBL and online in a whole new way on consoles, introduced Xbox Arcade and started the smaller indie sphere on consoles and the premise of digital only games that weren't just seen shovelware. It was also a gen where a lot of multiplats truly were better on the X360 and I don't mean from a stupid 10% performance range we see now, but where some were plain broken on PS3. 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Very true and don't get me wrong, my fav games were on PS3, the last few years were epic, however overall, if we are talking about consoles as a whole, not just exclusives, I think I edge it to the X360. It had a great start, some great games, pushed XBL and online in a whole new way on consoles, introduced Xbox Arcade and started the smaller indie sphere on consoles and the premise of digital only games that weren't just seen shovelware. It was also a gen where a lot of multiplats truly were better on the X360 and I don't mean from a stupid 10% performance range we see now, but where some were plain broken on PS3. 

Yeah, it's the little things. When a game needed to be updated it took a few minutes on 360 meanwhile when I got the update alert on a ps3 game I would just turn it off as I knew I would be in for one hell of a long wait. 

The 360 controller was also way better than the ds3. 

Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

Yeah, it's the little things. When a game needed to be updated it took a few minutes on 360 meanwhile when I got the update alert on a ps3 game I would just turn it off as I knew I would be in for one hell of a long wait. 

The 360 controller was also way better than the ds3. 

Yeah the Quality of Life differences were small individually but huge when all added up. Online infrastructure a million years ahead at the time not to mention the giant PSN hack. Controller far better. PS3 had the whole sixaxis without rumble stage too.  360 had achievements first, etc, etc. Other than ending up with more and better exclusive games I don't know if PS3 did anything better, but for many that is all that matters.