That new 13.0 switch update actually did some stuff

5 hours ago, Ramza said:

Only took 4 years to get bluetooth headset support... :pavarotti:

None of the current consoles have blue tooth headset support. 

The blue tooth profile only allows a certain number of connections the Switch used the max number of 8 controllers to connect at the same time. 

They simply lowered the number of controllers allowed to be connect and to used that for blue tooth headphones. 

11 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The blue tooth profile only allows a certain number of connections the Switch used the max number of 8 controllers to connect at the same time. 

They simply lowered the number of controllers allowed to be connect and to used that for blue tooth headphones. 

So why does it take 4 years to figure that out?

59 minutes ago, Remij said:

So why does it take 4 years to figure that out?

They see it as a negative compromise. They want people playing 4 player games on the couch, thats kind of nintendos thing. But i agree. it should have been an option from the beginning.  

1 minute ago, Cooke said:

They see it as a negative compromise. They want people playing 4 player games on the couch, thats kind of nintendos thing. But i agree. it should have been an option from the beginning.  

So fill me in because I'm not really up to speed on the Switch's compatibility.  The console supports 8 bluetooth connections simultaneously right?  So each Joy-con would be a connection, so there's your 4 players, correct?

So with a BT headset connected how many controllers can you connect?  I'm guessing 3 then?  Or maybe just 2 players, so each could have two joycons and a BT headset each?

Anyway.. Nintendo was dumb.. they should have just included a BT receiver in the Dock itself, specifically for this use.  Either that or an extra USB slot for a dongle.

1 hour ago, Remij said:

So fill me in because I'm not really up to speed on the Switch's compatibility.  The console supports 8 bluetooth connections simultaneously right?  So each Joy-con would be a connection, so there's your 4 players, correct?

So with a BT headset connected how many controllers can you connect?  I'm guessing 3 then?  Or maybe just 2 players, so each could have two joycons and a BT headset each?

Anyway.. Nintendo was dumb.. they should have just included a BT receiver in the Dock itself, specifically for this use.  Either that or an extra USB slot for a dongle.

Console says max 2 controllers with bt headphones. I don't have bt headphones so I connected a bt speaker. It can actually do more than 2 but then you have sound latency issues. 

2 minutes ago, Cooke said:

Console says max 2 controllers with bt headphones. I don't have bt headphones so I connected a bt speaker. It can actually do more than 2 but then you have sound latency issues. 

Yeah, Bluetooth is really spotty at times.  I find the BT in the Xbox controllers to be really unreliable as well... at least on PC anyway.  Sometimes you get double inputs, or sometimes dropped inputs as well... but then switch to regular wireless with the adapter and its perfect.

I was doing some reading in some of the threads out there about the Switch and this BT update, and yea unfortunately it seems like there's quite a bit of lag at times.

Probably still best to just connect a wireless headset dongle through USB.

Just now, Goukosan said:

The usage data most likely showed that less people actually use 8 controllers at once or whatever the max number was. 

That use case wasn't as common as they thought. 

So it took them 4 years to figure that out... lol :D 

:-* 

• Geese 1
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

The usage data most likely showed that less people actually use 8 controllers at once or whatever the max number was. 

That use case wasn't as common as they thought. 

Lmfao that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. When the fuck do 8 people game at the same time locally. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lmfao that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. When the fuck do 8 people game at the same time locally. 

I think each waggle-con has its own connection, so it’s 4 players with 2 waggle sticks per player.

11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Nah, but you could plugin a headset on the controller and get that wireless functionality. While not the same it's curious. PS3 had this basically from day one and for some reason Sony dropped it when PS4 hit.