Digital Foundry and Gamer Nexus Team Up to Test New PS5 (Austin Evans and TLHBFR!)

Basically they conclude that both the  new and old PS5 are the same thing.

The SOC on the new PS5 is slightly warmer.

VRM is cooler on new PS5.

Memory temperatures are basically identical.

Performance for both consoles is identical.

:mj: All the idiot lemmings that were arguing that Austin Evans was right in using exhaust temperatures to come up with baseless conclusions have been owned. This is why you should avoid going to clickbait Youtubers for your tech news.

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Like 1
  • FIREPOWER changed the title to Digital Foundry and Gamer Nexus Team Up to Test New PS5 (Austin Evans and TLHBR!)
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DynaFlop…

The Austin Evans was wrong? I guess I'm not so lame for not knowing who he was. 

So in the end, the new PS5 is still warmer, and notice it is not running any technically demanding games yet.   TCHBFR

This was so fucking obvious to anyone who’s knows anything about tech hardware, the only people who have pretended otherwise are click bait YouTubers, DoofyCuck And Mala. 

Just trying to pretend that A company would put out a second iteration of a console that would suddenly cook itself was insulting, let alone sticking to that retarded argument. Good job guys. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Well imagine that, Dynaflop was wrong the wire roland brice GIF

“It’s going to be another RROD” - lemshits love their FUD

Makes you wonder why they keep coming up with this FUD when MS were the guys that released the console with the highest defection rate in gaming history.

it definitely comes from a place of insecurity.

They are so desperate for Sony to also have their own RROD situation like the dumb fucks at MS that they resort to spreading bullshit and FUD by any means necessary  :kaz:

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • FIREPOWER changed the title to Digital Foundry and Gamer Nexus Team Up to Test New PS5 (Austin Evans and TLHBFR!)

On 2021-09-01 at 11:04 AM, DynamiteCop said:

It's a downgrade in general. They have cheapened their revision therefore producing a worse product.

On 2021-09-01 at 6:51 PM, DynamiteCop said:

I don't entirely agree, hotter air leaving the console can also and in most cases does indicate inadequate cooling which results in an overall higher system temperature i.e. warmer air exhausting.

More effective cooling generally results in cooler exhaust temperatures as it has lowered the overall system temperature.

On 2021-09-02 at 4:31 PM, DynamiteCop said:

What facts are in question here? I've seen both heatsinks and the new one is incredibly inferior and its lost most of its copper. The fact that it's not only smaller and has less copper and now it's outputting hotter exhaust temps very clearly tells you that the system as a whole is running hotter.

It's a forced air system, it's not removing more heat as a means of more efficient cooling, the CFM is unchanged. It's outputting more heat because it's creating more heat as a result of inferior cooling.

:rofls: 

8 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

bu bu the exhaust :diplo:

Which was still a correct assertion of hotter internal temperature. The memory temps are largely the same, and while the VRM temps are lower the SoC itself is hotter which as a whole has a much larger impact on overall system temperature.

I never said exhaust is a great way to figure out what's taking place, however it is indicative of increased thermal load which now we know is taking place with the component which has the largest dictation on system temperature.

I was correct.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

Which was still a correct assertion of hotter internal temperature. The memory temps are largely the same, and while the VRM temps are lower the SoC itself is hotter which as a whole has a much larger impact on overall system temperature.

I never said exhaust is a great way to figure out what's taking place, however it is indicative of increased thermal load which now we know is taking place with the component which has the largest dictation on system temperature.

I was correct.

bu teh exhaust :diplo:

5 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I never said exhaust is a great way to figure out what's taking place, 

On 2021-09-01 at 12:04 PM, DynamiteCop said:

It's a downgrade in general. They have cheapened their revision therefore producing a worse product.

On 2021-09-01 at 7:51 PM, DynamiteCop said:

I don't entirely agree, hotter air leaving the console can also and in most cases does indicate inadequate cooling which results in an overall higher system temperature i.e. warmer air exhausting.

On 2021-09-01 at 9:56 PM, DynamiteCop said:

You're deriding the logic that this excessive heat is somehow being wicked away therefore high heat output means high heat dissipation, that's anything but the case.

It's merely displacing a constant flow of continually generated excessive heat. If it were cooling better the system temperature would fall to a lower threshold therefore the exhaust would as well.

Don't type another word, you're a functioning idiot.

Your own words would like a word with you.  :umad:

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Taking place as in where the heat has increased you moron.

We literally just had the other thread where everyone on their mama told you that you cannot use the exhaust temp as the sole means to measure shit.  You doubled and tripled down and now want to pretend that you didn't? 

Take up that your argument with yourself against yourself and your own words:drake:

Edited by Goukosan