Rumor - MS prepping to announce another MASSIVE purchase

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

I can't help myself? They bought Zenimax... That's the single largest gaming acquisition in history, and you think they're afraid to spend money?

Retards like you just can't see the forest for the trees. They're turning their platform into a juggernaut.

Xbox didn’t just fail but it was thoroughly rejected by gamers. So now Microsoft acting like the spoilt rich kid is kicking his toys and deciding that hes just going to buy his friends :lul: buy everyone out and people will start playing on xbox whether they like it or not.

You’re trying to act like this is a win. No this is a desperate rich kid taking the nuclear option, this is effectively a last stand for Microsoft. They better hope Bethesda and whoever else gets some traction for xbox or the xbox division will be denied access to daddy’s unlimited funding. We already know there are a number of shareholders that have been wanting to see the plug pulled on xflop for a long time.

11 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Xbox didn’t just fail but it was thoroughly rejected by gamers. So now Microsoft acting like the spoilt rich kid is kicking his toys and deciding that hes just going to buy his friends :lul: buy everyone out and people will start playing on xbox whether they like it or not.

You’re trying to act like this is a win. No this is a desperate rich kid taking the nuclear option, this is effectively a last stand for Microsoft. They better hope Bethesda and whoever else gets some traction for xbox or the xbox division will be denied access to daddy’s unlimited funding. We already know there are a number of shareholders that have been wanting to see the plug pulled on xflop for a long time.

I can't imagine people who claim they love games would be happy with MS buying an EA or Ubisoft. Like that in no way could be good for the industry.

Of course Xbox fanboys juiced up on mountain dew would celebrate thinking it would push xboxes to ps2 or Switch numbers and that's probably not what would happen. 

This trajectory would mean either Xbox would become the dominant console or it won't. Which in that case would probably have to force MS to just become a fully third or partial 3rd party. 

I'm all down for MS wasting money and not getting their return on their investments, so let's go. 

14 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

NIgga, you are always wrong. The fuck are you talking about? Like they could legit make a subforum for all the threads you've wound up getting dunked on in. I'm surprised there isn't a "Dynocuck was wrong" retaliation post or post bump on the front page right now. And every time you weave some scenario in your mind it's dead wrong. Spare me your retard Jack Welch nonsense like you're a pragmatic thinker and shit. 

Jesus :cruise:

image.gif.3e1646734171c7a351745268b4cbc0e7.gif

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I can't imagine people who claim they love games would be happy with MS buying an EA or Ubisoft. Like that in no way could be good for the industry.

Of course Xbox fanboys juiced up on mountain dew would celebrate thinking it would push xboxes to ps2 or Switch numbers and that's probably not what would happen. 

This trajectory would mean either Xbox would become the dominant console or it won't. Which in that case would probably have to force MS to just become a fully third or partial 3rd party. 

I'm all down for MS wasting money and not getting their return on their investments, so let's go. 

I dont think many people care about the industry. They care about what they play. So if MS bought EA or UBI ( like, that would ever happen) why wouldnt xbox or pc owners be happy about that? All of those games free on GP >>> pretending to give a fuck about the gaming industry lol

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Some guy on gaf speculated that they would be buying Valve/Steam which would be insane. But I think Steam is simply far too profitable, I imagine any prices brought up would likely make the $2 billion Minecraft purchase look like nothing in comparison.

Doubtful.  Steam's entire focus right now is building their platform compatibility up with Linux to be independent of Windows in the future.

And I don't think Gabe Newell is ready to retire and sell any time soon.

On 2021-09-20 at 10:46 PM, DynamiteCop said:

Take Two or someone like them wouldn't be a great purchase, they don't develop enough or games fast enough to make sense.

Take Two would make a lot of sense because their games are a really good fit for Gamepass. Lot of DLC/microtransaction heavy games that people play for months or years. 

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

I dont think many people care about the industry. They care about what they play. So if MS bought EA or UBI ( like, that would ever happen) why wouldnt xbox or pc owners be happy about that? All of those games free on GP >>> pretending to give a fuck about the gaming industry lol

And you are right. If that's how the scenario works out. 

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Some guy on gaf speculated that they would be buying Valve/Steam which would be insane. But I think Steam is simply far too profitable, I imagine any prices brought up would likely make the $2 billion Minecraft purchase look like nothing in comparison.

This is why you don’t listen to retards and armchair experts on GAF.

Valve is trying so hard to break away from Windows right now there’s no reason why they would turn around and sell to Microsoft.