The Initiative is partnering with Crystal Dynamics for the new Perfect Dark game

3 hours ago, PuNKy_LeMmInG said:

microsoft outsources with one company and its a bad 1st party ,  but naughty dog as 13 companies outsourced 

The Last Of Us Part 2 Workforce Was Huge

According to info compiled by the site, a total of 2,169 developers working on the post-apocalyptic title, which included 13 companies that were outsourced. By comparison, something like Red Dead Redemption 2 had a massive 8,000 credited developers, although this doesn’t mean they were present throughout the entire production cycle.

Read what I wrote again:

' I actually can't even think of this ever happening in the past, where it is announced like some co project like this. '

Developers outsource work all the time, but it is still the head developer. So many major games get outsourced, mostly to outsource studios, other first party teams or sometimes 3rd party studios, but this is NOT that. This is a collaboration between 2 major developers and announced as such. One that happened mid cycle too. It is unprecedented. Name me a single other collaboration between a major first party and 3rd party developer on a first party IP? 

3 hours ago, JonbX said:

lmao, TLHBO will be playing this Day One

It’s Perfect Dark in name only with no ties to the original.

I expect social justice will play a big part in this game too. Jo will smash the patriarchy.

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

It’s Perfect Dark in name only with no ties to the original.

I expect social justice will play a big part in this game too. Jo will smash the patriarchy.

Jesus fucking Christ, is that the only lens you see stuff through anymore? Like Gamergate was some of yalls 9/11 or something.