Gamepass is likely at 30 million subs

In a fireside chat with Yahoo on Sep 23 posted above, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick and Phil Spencer were talking about gaming. Around the 34 minute mark here's the exchange:
SZ: Phil didn't pitch his own service, which he could...but you've got about 30 million subs Phil. Something like that(?)
PS: *chukles* The last public numbers we announced was 18 million.
SZ: *nervously shifting* Oh for some reason I thought it was more. *laughs* It's more than 18. Anyways...

https://news.yahoo.com/thegrill-2021-fireside-chat-strauss-212854167.html?guccounter=1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah. Now we know why Phil was nervously laughing.   he was doing one of these:

I’d feel more ethical sending money to the Taliban than to Microsoft. 

They started selling $1 promo passes again for PC.   And people are reporting that people who have previously used the $1 before are still eligible to use it again. So if you guys wa

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Remij said:

I called 30 million by the end of the year with Halo and Forza out there.  This is ahead of schedule :whew:

Gamepass is dope. Just beat psychonaughts 2, but I would have never paid for it. On top of that we get back for blood next month. Early access to BF beta, I can’t wait to play that and tell twink how much it sucks. :banderoos:

halo will suck but forza will be fun for sure :smokefro:

Edited by ghostz life matters
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ghostz life matters said:

Gamepass is dope. Just beat psychonaughts 2, but I would have never paid for it. On top of that we get back for blood next month. Early access to BF beta, I can’t wait to play that and tell twink how much it sucks. :banderoos:

halo will suck but forza will be fun for sure :smokefro:

Yea, GP is awesome.  There's some games that I never would have tried probably without it.  The Artful Escape being one of the recent ones.  Prodeus was another one.  Kickass game.

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

while flawed, i enjoyed 12 minutes via gamepass. unfortunately, psychonauts 2 isn't my cup of tea. 

Nothing wrong with that.  And the beauty of Game Pass is that you didn't have to buy/refund Psychonauts 2 to just try it out and find out it wasn't your thing.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

Nothing wrong with that.  And the beauty of Game Pass is that you didn't have to buy/refund Psychonauts 2 to just try it out and find out it wasn't your thing.

any other short gems on there that are puzzle-driven? 

Nope. Microsoft literally posted a 4% loss in revenue from their "game services" sector from the last quarter.

These lemmings are already mad at me because I keep on posting that cold, hard fact.

Phil is laughing nervously because they may not have hit 30 million, unless they are counting both active and inactive subscriptions (and that may be exactly what they are doing, because they did that sort of counting with Xbox Live "subscriptions", both active Gold and formerly Gold subscribers)

Just now, jehurey said:

Nope. Microsoft literally posted a 4% loss in revenue from their "game services" sector from the last quarter.

These lemmings are already mad at me because I keep on posting that cold, hard fact.

Phil is laughing nervously because they may not have hit 30 million, unless they are counting both active and inactive subscriptions (and that may be exactly what they are doing, because they did that sort of counting with Xbox Live "subscriptions", both active Gold and formerly Gold subscribers)

Nope.

That's content and services...  Content was down because MS released no big games during that time.

Microsoft reports Q4 earnings, Xbox content and services down 4 percent. Gaming revenue, however, has seen an 11 percent growth. 

Kick rocks :geese: 

Just now, Remij said:

Nope.

That's content and services...  Content was down because MS released no big games during that time.

Microsoft reports Q4 earnings, Xbox content and services down 4 percent. Gaming revenue, however, has seen an 11 percent growth. 

Kick rocks :geese: 

yup, gamepass is under "services"

gaming revenue would include Xbox hardware.

Nope.............I'm correct.

You're wrong:geese:

Just now, jehurey said:

yup, gamepass is under "services"

gaming revenue would include Xbox hardware.

Nope.............I'm correct.

You're wrong:geese:

Content was down...no big releases.. but services were up.  Overall it was down 4%... due to content.

Me and Strauss are right... and you're a dipshit :geese: 

30 Mil :juggle: 

Just now, Remij said:

Content was down...no big releases.. but services were up.  Overall it was down 4%... due to content.

He's realizing that he fucked up when he tried to put GamePass under "gaming revenue"

GamePass is under "content and services"..................and.............it.................went..............DOWN.

There is nothing you can say that is going to change that.:geese:

Strauss Zelnick, and you............are clearly wrong.

Looks like you're now laughing nervously as well. LOL

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

He's realizing that he fucked up when he tried to put GamePass under "gaming revenue"

GamePass is under "content and services"..................and.............it.................went..............DOWN.

There is nothing you can say that is going to change that.:geese:

Strauss Zelnick, and you............are clearly wrong.

Looks like you're now laughing nervously as well. LOL

Content sweetheart... GAME RELEASES... keep up :tom: 

Edited by Remij
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Content sweetheart... GAME RELEASES... keep up :tom: 

Services, sweetie............keep up

I love how you know you fucked up and are now trying to play stupid and stall for time.

The best part is how I love it when you do that, because that's when I have the most fun with you.

Popping you in your mouth.........as you laugh nervously.:tom:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Services, sweetie............keep up

I love how you know you fucked up and are now trying to play stupid and stall for time.

The best part is how I love it when you do that, because that's when I have the most fun with you.

Popping you in your mouth.........as you laugh nervously.:tom:

Yea, you're hitting me and I'm laughing... sounds right :geese: