Gamepass is likely at 30 million subs

Just now, Remij said:

Yea, you're hitting me and I'm laughing... sounds right :geese: 

Nervously, like Phil Spencer because he's embarrassed that Strauss Zelnick over-estimated how many GamePass subs there are.

I love it when you know you've lost an argument, and you start doing this stuff that you're currently doing right now. Because you're going to get really pissed by me continually popping you in the mouth as your gums begin swelling. LOL

You're basically demonstrating to me how butthurt you are.......and I simply get more "free posts" to celebrate.  Its a win-win for me.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah. Now we know why Phil was nervously laughing.   he was doing one of these:

I’d feel more ethical sending money to the Taliban than to Microsoft. 

They started selling $1 promo passes again for PC.   And people are reporting that people who have previously used the $1 before are still eligible to use it again. So if you guys wa

Posted Images

Microsoft is just trying to lower the standards of gaming.

Take a look at the lemshits on here, furballs like JonB. They don’t play anything but Shamepass. Why wouldn’t you? “Oh that game looks ok…hmm but I don’t really wanna spend 20 bucks on it, I’ll just wait and see what’s on Gamepass this weekend”. That’s how it works, it lowers the value of games in the eyes of gamers. It makes people hold off on spending money on anything new because they know there will be a (inferior) alternative on gamepass

We’ve seen factions get desperate and go dumpster diving when they’re in a drought. How many cycles do you think it would take to turn a “gamer” into someone who only eats whatever microsoft shits out at them via gamepass? 12 months of gamepass and that person is a lost cause they’ll never buy another quality game again, they’ll only play what they get for free on shamepass

Also this way Microsoft gets to control what you see and play. Bleeding edge, Grounded, sea of thieves, you’ll play so many flops you’ll forget what an AAA game feels like and thats right where microsoft wants you, because you’ll adjust. It will be the new normal. This way they dont need to soend money or have talent to make good games, they can just shit out crap and push their sjw message forever.

Gamepass is downright sinister and out of all the shitty things microsoft has ever done in gaming (and thats a lot) this is by far the worst.

15 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Microsoft is just trying to lower the standards of gaming.

Take a look at the lemshits on here, furballs like JonB. They don’t play anything but Shamepass. Why wouldn’t you? “Oh that game looks ok…hmm but I don’t really wanna spend 20 bucks on it, I’ll just wait and see what’s on Gamepass this weekend”. That’s how it works, it lowers the value of games in the eyes of gamers. It makes people hold off on spending money on anything new because they know there will be a (inferior) alternative on gamepass

We’ve seen factions get desperate and go dumpster diving when they’re in a drought. How many cycles do you think it would take to turn a “gamer” into someone who only eats whatever microsoft shits out at them via gamepass? 12 months of gamepass and that person is a lost cause they’ll never buy another quality game again, they’ll only play what they get for free on shamepass

Also this way Microsoft gets to control what you see and play. Bleeding edge, Grounded, sea of thieves, you’ll play so many flops you’ll forget what an AAA game feels like and thats right where microsoft wants you, because you’ll adjust. It will be the new normal. This way they dont need to soend money or have talent to make good games, they can just shit out crap and push their sjw message forever.

Gamepass is downright sinister and out of all the shitty things microsoft has ever done in gaming (and thats a lot) this is by far the worst.

If games are on GP i play them on GP. If they arent, i buy them. Its that simple. GP is massively popular and successful . Good to see that bothers you LOL

GP is growing and its good for the gamers in the Xbox universe...... But GP is not "successful" as yet for MS. 

GP games rarely sell well on Xbox (confirmed by NPD themselves) 

And GP is still a loss leader financially (its a long term investment, not a short term goal). 

9 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

GP is growing and its good for the gamers in the Xbox universe...... But GP is not "successful" as yet for MS. 

GP games rarely sell well on Xbox (confirmed by NPD themselves) 

And GP is still a loss leader financially (its a long term investment, not a short term goal). 

Microsoft already tried to sneak in a price hike, somewhere.

They tried doubling the cost of XBL Gold, overnight, out of nowhere.......and people immediately screamed them down.

And what happened, after that?

We got a financial earning report from them saying that their Xbox content and services revenues were down 4%.

My theory is that the only GROWING of GamePass subscribers came from people who stacked up on XBL Gold and did the $1 conversion to GamePass.

And that's a one-time thing, and those people will never be able to do that again on their Xbox accounts.  if Microsoft had hit 30 million subscribers, they would be issuing a press release, easily.

• 3 weeks later...

In a fireside chat with Yahoo on Sep 23 posted above, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick and Phil Spencer were talking about gaming. Around the 34 minute mark here's the exchange:
SZ: Phil didn't pitch his own service, which he could...but you've got about 30 million subs Phil. Something like that(?)
PS: *chukles* The last public numbers we announced was 18 million.
SZ: *nervously shifting* Oh for some reason I thought it was more. *laughs* It's more than 18. Anyways...

Yeah. Now we know why Phil was nervously laughing.

he was doing one of these:

BNh.gif

• Haha 3
On 2021-09-29 at 2:21 PM, DynamiteCop said:

In before Jerry's autistic rant for 7 pages

On 2021-09-29 at 2:25 PM, Remij said:

I called 30 million by the end of the year with Halo and Forza out there.  This is ahead of schedule :whew:

Try 10 million less :omglol:

This is actually better for Sony. PlayStation is definitely the premium product next to Xbox, it’s a luxury item. Gamepass is bargin bin gaming, I wouldn’t br surprised if kids get picked on in school for playing games on gamepass rather than owning them outright on PS5 :D

At least in most of the world anyway. America’s xenophobia keeps xbox strong there.

On 2021-10-20 at 11:32 AM, TLHBO said:

This is actually better for Sony. PlayStation is definitely the premium product next to Xbox, it’s a luxury item. Gamepass is bargin bin gaming, I wouldn’t br surprised if kids get picked on in school for playing games on gamepass rather than owning them outright on PS5 :D

At least in most of the world anyway. America’s xenophobia keeps xbox strong there.

nobody likes xbox there either

They started selling $1 promo passes again for PC.

And people are reporting that people who have previously used the $1 before are still eligible to use it again.

So if you guys want to sign up for another 3 months for next to nothing, Phil Spencer could sure use the help.:kaz:

I had always figured that they are struggling with GamePass on PC.

Anybody with a gaming PC built within the past 6-7 years should be able to play almost all of the game library.......and it just $5 a month.

So why don't have 20 million, 30 million, 40 million PC owners signed up on GamePass already? You can get every Bethesda/id PC game for less than $5 a month.

The (real) hermits just aren't buying it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1