Gamepass is likely at 30 million subs

6 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

I talked a coworker into getting gamepass ultimate.  He was paying for Xbox gold monthly and I told him why not spend a little more to get GP ultimate.  Another sale.

just switch out the word Gamepass for Herbalife or Mannatech, and there's literally no difference.

lemmings are so desperate to keep gamepass alive, that they're engaging in multi-level marketing schemes inside their own workplaces, at this point.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah. Now we know why Phil was nervously laughing.   he was doing one of these:

I’d feel more ethical sending money to the Taliban than to Microsoft. 

They started selling $1 promo passes again for PC.   And people are reporting that people who have previously used the $1 before are still eligible to use it again. So if you guys wa

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

I talked a coworker into getting gamepass ultimate.  He was paying for Xbox gold monthly and I told him why not spend a little more to get GP ultimate.  Another sale.

Aww man, Xbox winning NPD for Oct confirmed :dame:

On 2021-10-30 at 2:25 PM, FIREPOWER said:

But this isn't about you though I was talking about casuals that Microsoft is targeting that only buy 2 to 3 games a year. What is the value of GamePass to them? They only spend $120-180 a year on games anyway, and the games they buy like COD and Madden aren't on GP. Why would they spend the same amount of money on GP for games they couldn't give two shits about, and on top of that not own anything?

Madden is on gamepass

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

Madden is on gamepass

LOL only as 10 hour demo, and then you can't play it until like January of next year.

Then again.........you may only be allowed to play for 10 hours a week on that xbox game profile that you share:kaz:

43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL only as 10 hour demo, and then you can't play it until like January of next year.

Then again.........you may only be allowed to play for 10 hours a week on that xbox game profile that you share:kaz:

Regardless, it’s completely free as soon as the nfl season is over, unlimited time

Edited by ghostz
5 hours ago, ghostz said:

Madden is on gamepass

:sabu: Are you serious lol? A 10 hour demo isn’t the same thing as the actual game dude. Also having the game “free” as soon as the season is over is stupid and pointless. No real Madden fan is going to wait till the end of the season to play Madden. 

Edited by FIREPOWER
2 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

:sabu: Are you serious lol? A 10 hour demo isn’t the same thing as the actual game dude. Also having the game “free” as soon as the season is over is stupid and pointless. No real Madden fan is going to wait till the end of the season to play Madden. 

I will, happily :love: I still have time available on the 10 hours. It’s not a demo, it’s the full game. The game isn’t a big enough change from 21 to ever warrant a purchase. If I run out of time I’ll go back to 21 then in a month or so 22 will be free. 

2 hours ago, ghostz said:

I will, happily :love: I still have time available on the 10 hours. It’s not a demo, it’s the full game. The game isn’t a big enough change from 21 to ever warrant a purchase. If I run out of time I’ll go back to 21 then in a month or so 22 will be free. 

For someone who is supposedly rich you sure do seem to rent everything from phones to TVs to even demos :drake:

• dead 1
3 hours ago, ghostz said:

It's a timed demo on GP. If you wanna play the full thing before the new season ends you'll have to pay the full price. 10 hours of a timed demo may be good for you but for most people especially casuals who only play sports games and FPSs, it won't be enough and they'll end up having to buy the game.

Again you keep coming back to what YOU want personally and what's important to you but this isn't about you. It's about the average casual gamer who only buys COD and Madden every year. GamePass isn't doing anything for that type of gamer because they love to buy those games as soon as they come out and the only way to play those games as they release is to pay the full price. It makes more sense for that type of gamer to buy the games and own them than to pay the same amount of money to rent a bunch of games they don't give a shit about and a 10 hour demo of Madden.

Edited by FIREPOWER
15 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

It's a timed demo on GP. If you wanna play the full thing before the new season ends you'll have to pay the full price. 10 hours of a timed demo may be good for you but for most people especially casuals who only play sports games and FPSs, it won't be enough and they'll end up having to buy the game.

Again you keep coming back to what YOU want personally and what's important to you but this isn't about you. It's about the average casual gamer who only buys COD and Madden every year. GamePass isn't doing anything for that type of gamer because they love to buy those games as soon as they come out and the only way to play those games as they release is to pay the full price. It makes more sense for that type of gamer to buy the games and own them than to pay the same amount of money to rent a bunch of games they don't give a shit about and a 10 hour demo of Madden.

I’m confused why you think it’s better to own a game compared to subbing to gamepass. Why do you care about owning something that depreciates immediately after buying. 

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

I’m confused why you think it’s better to own a game compared to subbing to gamepass. Why do you care about owning something that depreciates immediately after buying. 

This isn't about my preference. Whether I prefer buying my games or not is irrelevant to the discussion. 

I'm talking about casual gamers here. You seem to think paying $180 to rent a bunch of random games + a Madden demo has as much value to casual gamers as spending the same $180 on games that actually want and will own.

What makes you think renting a bunch of random games has any appeal to casual gamers who only buy 2 or 3 games a year at most? You haven't convinced me why GamePass should be appealing to you average casual gamer. Instead what you've done is tell me what your personal gaming preference is which is irrelevant to the discussion. MS doesn't give a shit what you or I want when it comes to gaming, they are trying to cast a wide net and capture the millions of causals out there who only play COD and Sports games every year. Their current strategy isn't working when it comes to their main goal with GP, and you haven't convinced me why it should work.

Edited by FIREPOWER
33 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

This isn't about my preference. Whether I prefer buying my games or not is irrelevant to the discussion. 

I'm talking about casual gamers here. You seem to think paying $180 to rent a bunch of random games + a Madden demo has as much value to casual gamers as spending the same $180 on games that actually want and will own.

What makes you think renting a bunch of random games has any appeal to casual gamers who only buy 2 or 3 games a year at most? You haven't convinced me why GamePass should be appealing to you average casual gamer. Instead what you've done is tell me what your personal gaming preference is which is irrelevant to the discussion. MS doesn't give a shit what you or I want when it comes to gaming, they are trying to cast a wide net and capture the millions of causals out there who only play COD and Sports games every year. Their current strategy isn't working when it comes to their main goal with GP, and you haven't convinced me why it should work.

Gamepass has all ea sports games, not just madden. And all are free within 4 or so months from launch. Do you think people don’t buy sports games after launch? Not to mention nba 2k was day one, along with mlb the show. 

18 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Gamepass is $120/year.

Yea it is but that's without XBL. The console is useless to most casuals without XBL that they will need to play Madden and COD online.

They'll either have to pay for XBL separately and get screwed or go for GamePass Ultimate which is $180/yr.