Gamepass is likely at 30 million subs

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah. Now we know why Phil was nervously laughing.   he was doing one of these:

I’d feel more ethical sending money to the Taliban than to Microsoft. 

They started selling $1 promo passes again for PC.   And people are reporting that people who have previously used the $1 before are still eligible to use it again. So if you guys wa

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Gamepass has all ea sports games, not just madden. And all are free within 4 or so months from launch. Do you think people don’t buy sports games after launch? Not to mention nba 2k was day one, along with mlb the show. 

What part of THEY WANT TO PLAY THE FULL GAMES ASAP AND NOT TIMED DEMOS don't you understand?

Why would any Sports fan want to play the games after the season is over? Yea, that might work for a weirdo like you but for most people the time to play Sports games is during season. You're the first person I've heard of that plays Sports games after the season is over. Everyone else I know who is a serious Sports fan plays them during season and buys them as soon as they launch.

Edited by FIREPOWER
7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Why would I spend

madden

fifa

nhl

nba 2k 

mlb the show

$300 to own 

$180’ to use gamepass. Plus you get battlefield, halo, forza, back for blood, pyschonaughts 2, it takes two, etc. 

Casuals don't give a shit about renting Forza and Psychonauts 2 (even lems don't play Psychonauts 2 on GP lol)

And most casuals are only buying one Sports game and COD, most don't buy the whole array of EA Sports games every year. You're not making any sense, and you're only proving to me why GamePass isn't popular at all with the wider gaming community that consists mostly of casuals.

Edited by FIREPOWER
30 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Casuals don't give a shit about renting Forza and Psychonauts 2 (even lems don't play Psychonauts 2 on GP lol)

And most casuals are only buying one Sports game and COD, most don't buy the whole array of EA Sports games every year. You're not making any sense, and you're only proving to me why GamePass isn't popular at all with the wider gaming community that consists mostly of casuals.

Forza is definitely a popular casual game among lemmings. 

You’re right, most don’t buy them all year bc who wants to drop $300 on it when you could spend $180 on it and get a whole lot of other stuff along with it. 

it’s a no brainer. Why do you think MS is losing money on it? That’s always a good indication on the value 

36 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

What part of THEY WANT TO PLAY THE FULL GAMES ASAPAND NOT TIMED DEMOS don't you understand?

Why would any Sports fan want to play the games after the season is over? Yea, that might work for a weirdo like you but for most people the time to play Sports games is during season. You're the first person I've heard of that plays Sports games after the season is over. Everyone else I know who is a serious Sports fan plays them during season and buys them as soon as they launch.

Do you think these games don’t sell ever the season? They’re regularly in the top 10 year round fool. Plenty of people do this. I play games online with my friends here and there. 10 hours is usually more than enough time before it unlocks… i just play games in between. 

30 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Yea it is but that's without XBL. The console is useless to most casuals without XBL that they will need to play Madden and COD online.

They'll either have to pay for XBL separately and get screwed or go for GamePass Ultimate which is $180/yr.

Gold is a fixed cost among all the different purchasing scenarios. It's irrelevant. Gamepass is $120/year.

24 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Do you think these games don’t sell ever the season? They’re regularly in the top 10 year round fool. Plenty of people do this. I play games online with my friends here and there. 10 hours is usually more than enough time before it unlocks… i just play games in between. 

Those games are heavily front-loaded dumbass. They make the bulk of their sales at start of the new season. Go look at the charts. Just because you don’t mind playing them at the end of a season doesn’t mean most people are like you. A majority of the sales are made during season and not after it, you can’t change this fact.

20 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Gold is a fixed cost among all the different purchasing scenarios. It's irrelevant. Gamepass is $120/year.

You still need to pay for XBL, you aren’t addressing that fact. Regular GP doesn’t come with XBL, what is so difficult for you to understand? It’s still an added cost is it not?

Just now, FIREPOWER said:

You still need to pay for XBL, you aren’t addressing that fact. Regular GP doesn’t come with XBL, what is so difficult for you to understand? It’s still an added cost is it not?

Does buying two games at $60 a piece cost $180 a year?

39 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Forza is definitely a popular casual game among lemmings. 

You’re right, most don’t buy them all year bc who wants to drop $300 on it when you could spend $180 on it and get a whole lot of other stuff along with it. 

it’s a no brainer. Why do you think MS is losing money on it? That’s always a good indication on the value 

Forza is not remotely as popular as COD and Madden with casuals. I’m not arguing whether GP is a good value for what it is, it’s undeniably good value to gamers that are interested in Microsoft’s 1st party offerings and who play a lot of indie games and random games in a year. The issue isn’t that. Where the problem for GP lies is it’s value to casual gamers who only buy 2 to 3 games a year and who make up a majority of the gaming population.

For hardcore gamers that prefer MS’s games it’s a great value but for those casuals who don’t play Forza or any of the MS 1st party games in GP it probably isn’t and that’s why it’s failing to grow at the rate one would expect of such a great deal in gaming. There are literally hundreds of millions of PC gamers out there and probably 50-60 million Xbox consoles with access to GP in the wild and after 4 years GP is still only sitting at 18-20 million subs after being given away for a $1 in a lot of cases. The adoption rate is terrible when you consider the fact MS is practically giving it away for free.

Edited by FIREPOWER
Just now, FIREPOWER said:

No it costs $120 and you get to keep the games or sell them when you’re done. Something you can’t do when you’re renting games with GP. What’s your point?

The point is that you're tacking the cost of Gold onto Gamepass and ignoring it in the case of buying games. Gamepass is $120/year. Buying 2 games a year at $60 is $120/year. You'll spend $60/year on Gold in either case, so it's irrelevant when comparing the two.

7 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The point is that you're tacking the cost of Gold onto Gamepass and ignoring it in the case of buying games. Gamepass is $120/year. Buying 2 games a year at $60 is $120/year. You'll spend $60/year on Gold in either case, so it's irrelevant when comparing the two.

I don't think anybody is complimenting XBL Gold as something that's worth $60 to begin with.

PS+ free games absolutely shits on XBL Games with Gold (my goodness, have you seen the past few months?), that a $60 PS+ subscription feels more justified than a $60 XBL Gold sub.

43 minutes ago, FIREPOWER said:

Those games are heavily front-loaded dumbass. They make the bulk of their sales at start of the new season. Go look at the charts. Just because you don’t mind playing them at the end of a season doesn’t mean most people are like you. A majority of the sales are made during season and not after it, you can’t change this fact.

Madden was a top 5 seller in the month of February. FIFA and NBA just outside of the top 10. 

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/447841/us-monthly-february-2021/

13 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Madden was a top 5 seller in the month of February. FIFA and NBA just outside of the top 10. 

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/447841/us-monthly-february-2021/

yeah there was a spike after the superbowl.

so go ahead and wait for it to arrive at the bargain bin.

In fact all of those games would be bargain bin pricing during February 2021.

41 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah there was a spike after the superbowl.

so go ahead and wait for it to arrive at the bargain bin.

In fact all of those games would be bargain bin pricing during February 2021.

And what about NBA and FIFA? Madden was 3rd, but FIFA and NBA were 6 and 7 for PS that month. Proving my point…. They still sell. 

Just now, ghostz said:

And what about NBA and FIFA? Madden was 3rd, but FIFA and NBA were 6 and 7 for PS that month. Proving my point…. They still sell. 

........and they would be at bargain bin prices

they might actually selling at a lower cost than one month of Gamepass for THAT month........and you'd own it.

what part of that, are you not understanding, RentBoy?

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

It’s not irrelevant comparing them because in one case the $120 is going into games you will actually own and be able able to sell once you’re done with, and in the other case you own nothing and are dumping money to rent games you don’t give AF about as a casual. You are still proving my point. I’m not sure what you are getting at because whichever way you look at it GP comes up short for the average casual  gamer buying 2 or 3 games a year.

46 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You didn’t prove any point. You just showed that the games charted, no shit they are popular franchises but it doesn’t change the fact that majority of their sales still occur during the main season. Even if for whatever reason you decide to buy the games out of season they can be picked up at bargain bin prices much cheaper than the $120 -180 that GamePass costs negating whatever value GP is supposed to have for casuals.

Edited by FIREPOWER
1 hour ago, FIREPOWER said:

It’s not irrelevant comparing them because in one case the $120 is going into games you will actually own and be able able to sell once you’re done with, and in the other case you own nothing and are dumping money to rent games you don’t give AF about as a casual. You are still proving my point. I’m not sure what you are getting at because whichever way you look at it GP comes up short for the average casual  gamer buying 2 or 3 games a year.

I'm not arguing Gamepass vs. buying games. Literally all I said that started this discussion was that Gamepass was $120/year. You said it was $180/year because Gold was mandatory. I said you're being inconsistent in including the cost of Gold for one and not the other. That's all.