Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain is now on GOG.com

https://www.gog.com/game/blood_omen_legacy_of_kain

Fuck YES!  Bought instantly :glad::glad::glad: 

I've had the PC version on an old drive for ages, using VEROK's patch for it which fixes a bunch of issues, adds higher quality fmvs and audio.  It's essentially the definitive version of the game with that patch.  Now the game is released on GOG though, and now you can legally purchase it... so I did.  I think it's basically just the same thing except it has it's own installer and doesn't need to check for a disc.

I tried VEROK's patch with it after reading that it works, and yep.. works perfectly.

Vae Victis :blessed: 

Just now, -GD-X said:

i loved soul reaver way more. still, it was an ownage game. 

Soul Reaver was incredible.  Can't fault it.  Still, I absolutely adore this game.  

It's so fucking crazy when you think that there was this game.. and then Soul Reaver.. and that was on PS1... P S fucking 1...

Soul Reaver was SO ambitious for the hardware.  Insane really.

Just now, Remij said:

Soul Reaver was incredible.  Can't fault it.  Still, I absolutely adore this game.  

It's so fucking crazy when you think that there was this game.. and then Soul Reaver.. and that was on PS1... P S fucking 1...

Soul Reaver was SO ambitious for the hardware.  Insane really.

i waited and played soul reaver on the dreamcast. sharper visuals, anti-aliasing and 60 fps. it was glorious! in some ways, i found it superior to OOT. 

"The Dreamcast version of Kain is leaps and bounds beyond the jagged edges and broken seams found in the PlayStation version -- even eclipsing the PC edition's solid framerate and texture effects. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that the Dreamcast version of Legacy of Kain is perhaps one of the best looking console games yet made!" - IGN :bow: 

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

i waited and played soul reaver on the dreamcast. sharper visuals, anti-aliasing and 60 fps. it was glorious! in some ways, i found it superior to OOT. 

I played it first on PS1, then on Dreamcast when it launched there too B) 

I love the franchise :smoke: 

I hope some day this series makes a return.

• Like 1
Just now, kaz said:

you guys say "franchise" lol, i know the name but never played them. looks like trash :D 

You're too young fuck off kid :scust: 

jk.  Yea, this one wouldn't appeal as much to as many people these days.  But back in the day it was the shit :wow2: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

You're too young fuck off kid :scust: 

jk.  Yea, this one wouldn't appeal as much to as many people these days.  But back in the day it was the shit :wow2: 

I only know the name and some footage never played it. :mjgrin: 

byeoski, lovely gamers

Edited by kaz