IGN: Bluepoint's next game planned to be original, not a remake

3 minutes ago, Remij said:

LOL you're going to repeat what YOU said... because notice... you're not quoting me... :drake: 

I said the support team was Nixxes you stupid fuck....  I said Bluepoint would still likely become a Sony 1st party.. and I said that they're technically proficient developers and that if they weren't building their own game... they'd support other studios..

And now we know they're building their own game..

ss332.png

LOL there you went lying through your fucking teeth again trying to Jerry-go-round the thread :kaz: 

No, you have mentioned Bluepoint as a support team before.

And in your own post you make mention of them "help support their (Sony's) own studios"

Meaning that Bluepoint being purchased to help be a support studio for other long-standing Sony first-party studios.

And..........you even bring up Nixxes in YOUR OWN post, because you are wanting to make that equivalency.

Thanks for helping prove my point.

And good to see that Sony isn't buying them to port any Playstation games to PC.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you have mentioned Bluepoint as a support team before.

And in your own post you make mention of them "help support their (Sony's) own studios"

Meaning that Bluepoint being purchased to help be a support studio for other long-standing Sony first-party studios.

And..........you even bring up Nixxes in YOUR OWN post, because you are wanting to make that equivalency.

Thanks for helping prove my point.

And good to see that Sony isn't buying them to port any Playstation games to PC.

^ lol :mj: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

^ lol :mj: 

I love how you don't have an argument, because everything I am claiming is easily provable with the very post you made.

I love it when people who try and make arguments entirely out of insinuations then try to backtrack.

That almost never works with me, I can easily distill your insinuations down to get you in a corner.

You pretending to laugh it off while saying nothing is pretty much the only thing you can do.

Just now, jehurey said:

I love how you don't have an argument, because everything I am claiming is easily provable with the very post you made.

I love it when people who try and make arguments entirely out of insinuations then try to backtrack.

That almost never works with me, I can easily distill your insinuations down to get you in a corner.

You pretending to laugh it off while saying nothing is pretty much the only thing you can do.

You can't do shit.. I literally say right there "if not make their own game" :kaz: 

And that's what they're doing.

So.. I was right they were being acquired.. and right that they were making their own game.  Fucking clown...  You better get used to me being RIGHT about Sony :reg: 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

There's a huge disparity between remaking an existing game visuals and actually making a new game from scratch.

Not saying they are guaranteed to fail at it but I'm cautiously pessimistic. They haven't proven much by re-releasing other studios works.

Learning from From Software, Ueda, Santa Monica, Naughty Dog and Kojima is a pretty good apprenticeship though. They can take a lot of learning from how the best devs have done things

Great although predictable acquisition by Sony. That pretty much rounds up all the expected studios they could purchase. Any from here would be a surprise. 

Interested to see them working on an original game, they have definitely deserved their shot after their amazing previous work. If it doesn't land then you miss nothing and just go back to remakes. 

• Like 1

So it at least look pretty and run well. How it plays and if it’s any good will be another story. Looking forward to seeing what they can do. They’ve had nearly a year now since finishing up Demon’s Souls. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Great although predictable acquisition by Sony. That pretty much rounds up all the expected studios they could purchase. Any from here would be a surprise. 

Interested to see them working on an original game, they have definitely deserved their shot after their amazing previous work. If it doesn't land then you miss nothing and just go back to remakes. 

You notice that when Sony buys a game studio, they have a pretty clear path and a specific type of game that they are filling in Sony's lineup.

I mean, they deserve every bit of credit for helping Housemarque grow as a studio.

Insomniac has completely changed their path, 10 years ago they were meandering around with Sunset Overdrive shit, and now they have a much clearer path.

The only misfires I've seen lately is probably Ready At Dawn (which they've let go) and Evolution Studios (which they've closed down)

Sony's management is start to get like Nintendo's circa early 2000's when they were starting to get really nice and organized with their western studios and make some interesting games.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You notice that when Sony buys a game studio, they have a pretty clear path and a specific type of game that they are filling in Sony's lineup.

I mean, they deserve every bit of credit for helping Housemarque grow as a studio.

Insomniac has completely changed their path, 10 years ago they were meandering around with Sunset Overdrive shit, and now they have a much clearer path.

The only misfires I've seen lately is probably Ready At Dawn (which they've let go) and Evolution Studios (which they've closed down)

Sony's management is start to get like Nintendo's circa early 2000's when they were starting to get really nice and organized with their western studios and make some interesting games.

Yeah they are definitely very focused in their acquisitions and not just going around trying to buy anyone that can be bought. They have also cut a lot of the underperforming teams, even if some have seemed extremely harsh. I'd say right now they are by far the strongest they have ever been in terms of first party studios and first party IP. Future is very bright.