Scarlet Nexus is on sale %35 off. Is it worth it?

I put it aside when Tales came out. Tales is better for sure as an overall package.

Im on chapter 8 of Scarlet and do plan on going back to it. I think the gameplay is more focused in Scarlet than Tales. Its more satisfying to me than Tales . ( Tales isnt bad, really good in fact its just batshit once you get a full party)

Scarlet feels more like an action game than a JRPG. The story and how it is presented is serviceable. Im not really to interested in it but its ok. The only parts i dont like are the breaks after the levels when you have to chat with your party and listen to story bits. It drags sometimes and i almost feel like skipping thru ir but havent yet.

Graphics are pretty good but its mainly the art that carries it. Its not a tech showcase thats for sure but the art style is varied and unique. Kinda feels like a ps3 era game overall and i dont really mean that in a bad way.

Ill probably finish the guys story on PC where i also got the game on sale, and then play the girls story on Series X. Its coming to GamePass soon, i think GPPC as well. May as well just give in and get gamepass. Im sure there are enough games on there now to justify to 30 bucks or so youd have to spend to try out GP for a few months.

• Upvote 1

Pretty much everything jonb said. Also starting where jonb is at (which is about halfway or a little past halfway) i'd say the game becomes weaker both narratively and in terms of dungeons. The 2nd half isn't just as well designed or interesting as the first half.

The combat system is very good though.

Edited by Delita
10 minutes ago, Delita said:

Pretty much everything jonb said. Also starting where jonb is at (which is about halfway or a little past halfway) i'd say the game becomes weaker both narratively and in terms of dungeons. The 2nd half isn't just as well designed or interesting as the first half.

The combat system is very good though.

That doesn't sound too good. How long did it take to beat the first character story?

Just now, JonbX said:

There is a demo on Steam that will likely give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from the game.

I hate demos unless I can save my game and keep playing from that point on. I know, I'm weird.

I made up my mind anyway, I want it. Only problem is I barely have time to play it and I'm starting school next-week. :scared: Looks like another game that will take me ages to finish.

5 minutes ago, Delita said:

the 29 hours was just for the guys portion

anyways the game is fun to play and a good bargain bin game. 

If anything I love the art style and the combat looks solid. That's good enough for me.

11 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It’s alright but there’s just better games out at the moment that you can be putting your time and money into

No doubt. So far the combat is pretty decent with the telekinesis powers but other than that I am rather unimpressed.