Highest: 30 FPS
High: 36 FPS
Lower (tweaked): 60FPS

DOOM (2016) Higher (tweaked): 46 FPS
Medium: 60 FPS
Cyberpunk 2077 High: 20 - 30 FPS

Dota 2

Not bad :ahmad:

Link here if you cant see it because the text is coming out a funny colour and theres no editing options on mobile :ben:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2021/09/valves-steam-deck-dev-kit-got-the-early-benchmark-treatment

Highest: 47 FPS
Low: 80 FPS

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess thats not too bad but CyberPunk is probably going to be a good example out of what to expect once next gen games start coming out. And thats not too promising.

Its funny I look up Switch battery life and I see 2.5 to 6 hours  hardly worth bragging about. 4.5 hours - 6 hours if you want Nintendos inflated numbers   Valve claims 2 - 8 hours for steam

The fact that all Sheep can do is bang on about the battery over and over again says it all.   Graphics? Deck mops the floor with Switch   Games library? No contest, Switch gets an

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, JonbX said:

I guess thats not too bad but CyberPunk is probably going to be a good example out of what to expect once next gen games start coming out. And thats not too promising.

Cyberpunk is poorly optimised eurojank. Steamdeck targets 30fps, play demanding games at medium and the framerate is probs on par with your typical console game. Lets not forget how bad Cyberpunk ran on consoles.

Once you take away the fluff like 4k and ZOMG RAY TRACING you can probably go far with next gen games at a lower res and lower settings.

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Cyberpunk is poorly optimised eurojank. Steamdeck targets 30fps, play demanding games at medium and the framerate is probs on par with your typical console game. Lets not forget how bad Cyberpunk ran on consoles.

Once you take away the fluff like 4k and ZOMG RAY TRACING you can probably go far with next gen games at a lower res and lower settings.

CyberPunk ran at 20 to 30 fps on console too. Doom runs at 60 fps on toasters....so if you have to use medium to get 60fps.....im just saying. This thing isnt going to do well with next gen games. I think 30fps low might not even be doable in a couple years.

Guess we will see. Its cool for what it is but if youre paying like 500 bucks for this thing....its kinda ehh. For indies and last gen(s) games im sure itll be great. Plus not all games that will come out with be big AAA games. I think its deffo gonna be a bad experience for those tho, less you plan on playing at Nintendo resolutions.

Just now, Remij said:

Longer than any other handheld at those settings :geese: 

no, doubtful

even Valve's own webpage for the product can list the battery life down to 2 hours. Which would actually make it slightly worse than other handhelds.

:geese:

Its already pretty bad that we have PC websites having to do "tweaking" benchmarks two months before release. LOL

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

no, doubtful

even Valve's own webpage for the product can list the battery life down to 2 hours. Which would actually make it slightly worse than other handhelds.

:geese:

Its already pretty bad that we have PC websites having to do "tweaking" benchmarks two months before release. LOL

No, not doubtful at all.

It's pretty bad that you were wrong about the anti-cheat stuff and Valve already has it worked out like the rest of us expected :geese: 

Wronghurey :tom: 

1 minute ago, Remij said:

No, not doubtful at all.

It's pretty bad that you were wrong about the anti-cheat stuff and Valve already has it worked out like the rest of us expected :geese: 

Wronghurey :tom: 

No, it is doubtful.

Valve own website advertises battery life as low as 2 hours.

No.........I'm not wrong at all.

THose games that I originally listed..............are you saying that you have confirmation of them coming now?

Really?

Where is it?

Why are Sheep so concerned about battery life? This isn’t 1990 anymore where things run on AA batteries :drake:

We know for a fact you don’t leave the house with your switch. You can probably reach the plug socket anyway.

And the website says “tweaked” because they didnt know the exact settings used, they just knew it was higher or lower. Steamdeck aims to run full fledged games at 800p/30fps and the results show it delivers.

Meanwhile Switch runs the most diluted ports I’ve ever seen at 340p :tom: there’s no comparison.

1 minute ago, TLHBO said:

Why are Sheep so concerned about battery life? This isn’t 1990 anymore where things run on AA batteries :drake:

We know for a fact you don’t leave the house with your switch. You can probably reach the plug socket anyway.

And the website says “tweaked” because they didnt know the exact settings used, they just knew it was higher or lower. Steamdeck aims to run full fledged games at 800p/30fps and the results show it delivers.

Meanwhile Switch runs the most diluted ports I’ve ever seen at 340p :tom: there’s no comparison.

Yea, and I don't understand why this particular Sheep is asking about battery life when gaming... considering he never does :lawl: 

Its funny I look up Switch battery life and I see 2.5 to 6 hours :drake: hardly worth bragging about. 4.5 hours - 6 hours if you want Nintendos inflated numbers

Valve claims 2 - 8 hours for steam deck.

In fact on nintendos own site…

• For Nintendo Switch model number: HAC-001 [product serial number begins with "XAW"], the battery life is approximately 2.5 to 6.5 hours.
  •  
  • For Nintendo Switch model number: HAC-001(-01) [product serial number begins with "XKW"], the battery life is approximately 4.5 to 9 hours.
  •  
  • For Nintendo Switch Lite model number: HDH-001, the battery life is approximately 3 to 7 hours

So Valves estimates fall right in line with Nintendo's estimates, but I tell you what I’d rather have an hour or two less battery if it means I can play at 800p rather than a watered down version at 340p.

• dead 1
22 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I have a battery bank the size of an SSD that would power this thing for another 5 hours. Sheep fake concern because their garbage system can't play any of this stuff.

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Its funny I look up Switch battery life and I see 2.5 to 6 hours :drake: hardly worth bragging about. 4.5 hours - 6 hours if you want Nintendos inflated numbers

Valve claims 2 - 8 hours for steam deck.

In fact on nintendos own site…

• For Nintendo Switch model number: HAC-001 [product serial number begins with "XAW"], the battery life is approximately 2.5 to 6.5 hours.
  •  
  • For Nintendo Switch model number: HAC-001(-01) [product serial number begins with "XKW"], the battery life is approximately 4.5 to 9 hours.
  •  
  • For Nintendo Switch Lite model number: HDH-001, the battery life is approximately 3 to 7 hours

So Valves estimates fall right in line with Nintendo's estimates, but I tell you what I’d rather have an hour or two less battery if it means I can play at 800p rather than a watered down version at 340p.

games designed for HD, and have PC textures...........uh, 800p is already watered down.

so you're getting both the watering down...........AND the low battery life.

And its "in line" Nintendo's estimates.

2 hours is BELOW Nintendo's estimates.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

games designed for HD, and have PC textures...........uh, 800p is already watered down.

so you're getting both the watering down...........AND the low battery life.

And its "in line" Nintendo's estimates.

2 hours is BELOW Nintendo's estimates.

30 minutes below, but guess what? Its peak is 90 minutes longer. So shooo.

Edited by DynamiteCop

The fact that all Sheep can do is bang on about the battery over and over again says it all.

Graphics? Deck mops the floor with Switch

Games library? No contest, Switch gets annihilated

Functionality? Full fledged PC capabilities vs limited Nintendo os.

but hey we may have an hour extra on the battery THHBO!! :drake:

• dead 1
Just now, TLHBO said:

The fact that all Sheep can do is bang on about the battery over and over again says it all.

Graphics? Deck mops the floor with Switch

Games library? No contest, Switch gets annihilated

Functionality? Full fledged PC capabilities vs limited Nintendo os.

but hey we may have an hour extra on the battery THHBO!! :drake:

:deadkoolaid: