Metroid reviews are rolling in!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jerry mad about PC gamers playing a better version of a game he's not going to play anyway

ok, thread cleaned up.

very nice. would be interested to hear about the general length of the game.

its considered the "end" of the Metroid storyline? Specifically the 2D games' storyline?

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

very nice. would be interested to hear about the general length of the game.

its considered the "end" of the Metroid storyline? Specifically the 2D games' storyline?

About 7-9 hrs on first run through 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/how-long-is-metroid-dread/1100-6496822/

7 minutes ago, ghostz said:

1434925959_Untitled-2copy.jpg.61756c3001:hest: this is pretty much all you can do, at this point

anyways, the reviews are saying that this is IT for the storyline involving Metroids, the actual organisms that Samus Aran encounters.

That story is officially over? They are saying?

Its completely done?

That might actually be a good thing. I mean, why not have Samus Aran just go off somewhere else and find another bad guy, or a growing race of bad creatures?

They should actually do something similar to the "Chronicles of Riddick" story, and just have the game universe introduce an evil group of people who are taking over planets, and have taken over the Galactic Federation government, and Samus is on her own kicking ass and fighting back.

Or just do another one-off story in which Samus crash lands on a planet, and there's another unique race of creatures that threaten the planet. Make the team at Retro do this in first-person.

A bit more of bosses:

It’s not bad on the Switch in handheld mode, but Dread only really shines with the Pro Controller. If I had to beat a boss – and these are some of the toughest bosses in Metroid history – I docked every time.

Those boss fights range from the traditional big, drooling monsters with patterns and weak points to learn, to almost Smash Bros.-esque encounters with enemies that mimic your move set. The variation is welcome, especially in contrast to the way Samus Returns pitted you against the same boss bugs many times over. I don’t want to give anything away, but these are some of the best boss fights I’ve ever played in an action platformer: Without exception,they seemed impossible at first, but post-victory, I felt like they’d made me a better player.

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

None of you seem to understand what begging means. How can you beg for something you already have?

because you clearly did BEG for it, which compelled you to steal it.

the fact that you had to resort to such things emphasized the desperation.........................of a beggar.

Just now, jehurey said:

because you clearly did BEG for it, which compelled you to steal it.

the fact that you had to resort to such things emphasized the desperation.........................of a beggar.

Nobody begged for this game, if anything the game was bagged on for looking like it's for the 3DS. Also I didn't steal anything, using intellectual property without permission is not theft.

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

Nobody begged for this game

you clearly did. and you clearly are

if you weren't begging for it, you wouldn't be showing us that youtube video from yesterday.

Edited by jehurey

Framerate on the PC aside (I have no clue), the problem the PC crowd runs up against is that it's unethical to steal new releases from good companies. If you want to play it on the PC without being a dirtbag, you'd have to buy a Switch copy.  :mono:

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

Nobody begged for this game, if anything the game was bagged on for looking like it's for the 3DS. Also I didn't steal anything, using intellectual property without permission is not theft. 

Playing a pirated copy without owning the original is illegal Mr law and Order :umad: