Avowed, Obsidian’s RPG announced at E3 2020 (!) is still in PRE-ALPHA and isn’t even playable.

What role did Obsidian play in the making of The Outer Worlds?  And I presume, the same type of role they would have in The Outer Worlds 2?

Were they the narrative and quest designers, and some other studios actually programmed and made the game?

Obsidian has long been one of the most overrated devs out there so xflop is a perfect fit for them. Kotor2 and new vegas were overrated as fuck, just buggy, half broken, unfinished sequels with none of the excitement of the games they were sequels to.

Outer worlds didn’t somehow less buggy hut more boring than any of their previous games.

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

What role did Obsidian play in the making of The Outer Worlds?  And I presume, the same type of role they would have in The Outer Worlds 2?

Were they the narrative and quest designers, and some other studios actually programmed and made the game?

They made the game...

Also to this thread.

According to Corden, he’s been in contact with several sources close to the project, and has even seen early footage of the game in action. Word is, Avowed is coming along well and approaching a fully-playable alpha state.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Obsidian has long been one of the most overrated devs out there so xflop is a perfect fit for them. Kotor2 and new vegas were overrated as fuck, just buggy, half broken, unfinished sequels with none of the excitement of the games they were sequels to.

Outer worlds didn’t somehow less buggy hut more boring than any of their previous games.

WTF do you even like? lmao :will:

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

They made the game...

Also to this thread.

According to Corden, he’s been in contact with several sources close to the project, and has even seen early footage of the game in action. Word is, Avowed is coming along well and approaching a fully-playable alpha state.

So it's in pre alpha and not playable...

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

They made the game...

Also to this thread.

yikes, so Obsidian sucks at making games, now?

I was trying to not place full blame on the failure of The Outer Worlds on them, but thanks to you...

2 hours ago, Ike said:

Literally the title of my post. :danylol: 

You made a shitty Jon level thread without a source and failed to provide any context.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

yikes, so Obsidian sucks at making games, now?

I was trying to not place full blame on the failure of The Outer Worlds on them, but thanks to you...

Failure? It was one of the best games of the year... You have a mental disorder.

12 hours ago, TLHBO said:

new vegas isn't overrated, and they also made pillars of eternity and tyranny which own. I don't care about this new game though never heard of it

Obisidian always excelled in writing, definitely something you don't even care about. now go play your action gaymes you fagget :hest:

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Season 2 Lol GIF by Friends

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

charlie-murphy.gif lemmings must be very desperate

It's AAA on GS, 8.5 on IGN, 85 on Metacritic, it was nominated for a bunch of awards and won several of them...

It was one of the best games of the year, do you morons have amnesia?

Just now, DynamiteCop said:

It's AAA on GS, 8.5 on IGN, 85 on Metacritic, it was nominated for a bunch of awards and won several of them...

It was one of the best games of the year, do you morons have amnesia?

No, I don't have amnesia.

Anybody who actually played the game knows that it definitely wasn't the best games of the year.

Do YOU have amnesia?

The game sucked.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

No, I don't have amnesia.

Anybody who actually played the game knows that it definitely wasn't the best games of the year.

Do YOU have amnesia?

The game sucked.

It was a good game, also notice how I said ONE OF the best games of the year... We know for damn sure you didn't play it so pipe down you aspie.

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

You're such a loser it's incredible.

You're the one getting angry over me pointing out the mediocrity of a game that everybody knows was medicore.

That's something an actual loser would do.

I doubt most people actually finished it. Fuck me it was a boring slog, I had to force myself to carry on but eventually I just gave up. Like all Obsidian games there’s no interesting main story, there’s nothing to compel you to want to keep playing, it’s just a lot of thoroughly boring disjointed sidequests.