Avowed, Obsidian’s RPG announced at E3 2020 (!) is still in PRE-ALPHA and isn’t even playable.

10 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I doubt most people actually finished it. Fuck me it was a boring slog, I had to force myself to carry on but eventually I just gave up. Like all Obsidian games there’s no interesting main story, there’s nothing to compel you to want to keep playing, it’s just a lot of thoroughly boring disjointed sidequests.

Finishing it basically gaurantees that you will assign a lower score to the game.

If you stopped playing the game at around the 2/3's mark, you'd probably have a higher opinion of it.

The fact that it finishes so quickly, and anticlimatic, its like a really lame questline in a Bethesda game.

Emerald Valve, the FIRST FUCKING PLANET, is the best designed area, with the most variety of missions throughout the whole game.

When you are finishing up all of the major quests on the planet, you are thinking to yourself "wow, if this is just the first planet, this game is really something."

Nah, it all goes downhill from there. It really was a disappointing game.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Finishing it basically gaurantees that you will assign a lower score to the game.

If you stopped playing the game at around the 2/3's mark, you'd probably have a higher opinion of it.

The fact that it finishes so quickly, and anticlimatic, its like a really lame questline in a Bethesda game.

Emerald Valve, the FIRST FUCKING PLANET, is the best designed area, with the most variety of missions throughout the whole game.

When you are finishing up all of the major quests on the planet, you are thinking to yourself "wow, if this is just the first planet, this game is really something."

Nah, it all goes downhill from there. It really was a disappointing game.

Lmao I’m glad I never finished it then.

I thought the first planet was boring as hell, just a few crappy sidequests and nothing really grabbed my attention. I kept telling myself “this is just the tutorial planet it will get much better after this”, I ended up getting into space, played a bit and eventually got sidetracked and never went back to the game. Sounds like I didn’t miss much.

18 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Obsidian has long been one of the most overrated devs out there so xflop is a perfect fit for them. Kotor2 and new vegas were overrated as fuck, just buggy, half broken, unfinished sequels with none of the excitement of the games they were sequels to.

Outer worlds didn’t somehow less buggy hut more boring than any of their previous games.

Kill yourself so that you may never voice your stupid opinions ever again.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Kill yourself so that you may never voice your stupid opinions ever again.

Let me guess, you read Obsidian were superior on reddit/neogaf so it must be true?

*insert meme pic of random dialogue comparison*

Obsidian fanboys have an inferiority complex that’s why they all band together and spread their bullshit online. Like Canadians or Rugby fans, they don’t like being overshadowed by big brother. 

3 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

Let me guess, you read Obsidian were superior on reddit/neogaf so it must be true?

*insert meme pic of random dialogue comparison*

Obsidian fanboys have an inferiority complex that’s why they all band together and spread their bullshit online. Like Canadians or Rugby fans, they don’t like being overshadowed by big brother. 

I just like their games, a lot. :| New Vegas also being one of my favorite game ever.

I just finished The Outer Worlds for a second time recently but this time with both DLC expansions, I loved it. It's not like I don't think their games are beyond criticism of any kind. Calling them outright garbage and overrated (overrated by who exactly, because their games don't score all that high?) is just a laughable and dumb statement that don't even deserve a proper response.

I don't care what anyone has to say about Obsidian RPGs at this point, to be honest. I know their strength and shortcomings. I know what I'm getting and it's exactly the kind of experience I crave for in a WRPG. 

You know when the alternatives are Bethesda, Bioware and CD Projekt (lol Cyberjunk)... Obsidian is definitely not overrated. Get out of here. 

7 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I doubt most people actually finished it. Fuck me it was a boring slog, I had to force myself to carry on but eventually I just gave up. Like all Obsidian games there’s no interesting main story, there’s nothing to compel you to want to keep playing, it’s just a lot of thoroughly boring disjointed sidequests.

Dynoshit likes shit games because he doesn't leave his mom's basement.  He has plenty of time to do nothing. 

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

I just like their games, a lot. :| New Vegas also being one of my favorite game ever.

I just finished The Outer Worlds for a second time recently but this time with both DLC expansions, I loved it. It's not like I don't think their games are beyond criticism of any kind. Calling them outright garbage and overrated (overrated by who exactly, because their games don't score all that high?) is just a laughable and dumb statement that don't even deserve a proper response.

I don't care what anyone has to say about Obsidian RPGs at this point, to be honest. I know their strength and shortcomings. I know what I'm getting and it's exactly the kind of experience I crave for in a WRPG. 

You know when the alternatives are Bethesda, Bioware and CD Projekt (lol Cyberjunk)... Obsidian is definitely not overrated. Get out of here. 

I have fond memories of KOTOR and can remember most of the planets and the story. With KOTOR2 all I remember is one of the main villains being killed off screen or something and a completely unfinished ending, oh and a lot of bugs.

With Fallout 3 I remember how great it was exploring the wasteland for the first time. With new vegas all I remember is the 20 hour slog through "the strip", bugs, and wondering why I had seen so little from the factions in the game or the rest of the world. Oh and bugs.

All they seem to do is make rushed, half-baked sequels full of missing content but for some reason they have a real obnoxious circle jerk of fans due to a few of the devs being from better studios in the 90's.

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, TLHBO said:

I have fond memories of KOTOR and can remember most of the planets and the story. With KOTOR2 all I remember is one of the main villains being killed off screen or something and a completely unfinished ending, oh and a lot of bugs.

With Fallout 3 I remember how great it was exploring the wasteland for the first time. With new vegas all I remember is the 20 hour slog through "the strip", bugs, and wondering why I had seen so little from the factions in the game or the rest of the world. Oh and bugs.

All they seem to do is make rushed, half-baked sequels full of missing content but for some reason they have a real obnoxious circle jerk of fans due to a few of the devs being from better studios in the 90's.

Kotor was Bioware last great RPG. Arguably only ME1/2 came close but not quite as memorable, imo.

New Vegas destroy Fallout 3. lol

TLHBO is retarded or a troll for saying shit like fallout 3 had a deeper impact or is the better game than new vegas... bugs? really? all you did in new vegas was fighting bugs? did you ever play the game? talk to people? read stuff? GTFO you CLOWN

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, kaz said:

TLHBO is retarded or a troll for saying shit like fallout 3 had a deeper impact or is the better game than new vegas... bugs? really? all you did in new vegas was fighting bugs? did you ever play the game? talk to people? read stuff? GTFO you CLOWN

Why so angry? 

• Confused 1