Switch online expansion = $49.99

https://www.ign.com/articles/nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-release-date-pricing-n64-sega-games

$50 for n64 and genesis roms, $50 per n64/genesis controller :risitas2:

In before sheep tell us its good value due to animal crossing dlc

16 minutes ago, Saucer said:

$50 for the controllers is crazy. When Nintendo re-released the NES controllers they were only $10.

And are they offering the expansion pack without the $25 AC DLC?

Of course not. They want the online fee to be $50 regardless, they’re only throwing in the AC dlc so they can try to justify it.

I wouldn't pay for it, since whatever N64 games that are worth playing already got remasters on the 3DS.

Sin & Punishment is playing through the Wii Virtual Console, which I believe I can get up and running on my Wii U.

And secondly, I don't know why they don't just go straight to making a Gamecube-type controller that's split in two so that it can slide into the Switch rails, and that can also play N64 games, and they could modify it to have two front shoulder buttons in addition to its two analog rear shoulder buttons.

30 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I wouldn't pay for it, since whatever N64 games that are worth playing already got remasters on the 3DS.

Sin & Punishment is playing through the Wii Virtual Console, which I believe I can get up and running on my Wii U.

And secondly, I don't know why they don't just go straight to making a Gamecube-type controller that's split in two so that it can slide into the Switch rails, and that can also play N64 games, and they could modify it to have two front shoulder buttons in addition to its two analog rear shoulder buttons.

eh Mario Tennis, Banjo, etc aren't on 3DS and the games that are on 3DS (OoT) look great but kinda play like shit since the 3DS form factor is made for baby hands.

Apparently Sega charged a huge licensing fee for GENESIS. Konami + Capcom + MS also charged a pretty penny for the 3rd party games. 

Not going to upgrade, waiting to see if the service will include DLC for future 1st party games.  If that's included with the sub, then it will be worth the 3.99 a month. 

nintendo is the most greedy company in all vidja history. FUCK THEM

imagine paying full price for EVERY game no matter how old

I miss ninty :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz