Resident Evil VR IGN Review - 9 “one of the best versions of RE4”

2 minutes ago, Saucer said:

"Name the exact Capcom employees who made the decision to censor the game othwise we have no idea which political side Capcom caved to."

At least being called a prog censorship goon lit a fire under you to run away from their bullshit censorship. 

I never said to name anyone at Capcom, I asked who (as in what entity) "forced" them to do so? 

You were the one who brought this up and I asked you to clarify your point. This is what I mean by bad faith arguments. Your boomer entitlement makes you believe that people need to argue points you want them to and also take everything you say at your word no matter how silly it is. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah you guys need to stop with the political shit.

Censored garbage.

next, they'll start making blood green in video games. oh wait...

14 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I never said to name anyone at Capcom, I asked who (as in what entity) "forced" them to do so? 

You were the one who brought this up and I asked you to clarify your point. This is what I mean by bad faith arguments. Your boomer entitlement makes you believe that people need to argue points you want them to and also take everything you say at your word no matter how silly it is. 

"Forced"? Unless you're physically threatened to censor yourself, censorship isn't an issue? Economic and social penalties aren't an issue? Then why did you admit that if an obnoxious attention whore asked you'd to call them by some corny sci-fi pronouns, you'd obey them? You seem to be that afraid to be shunned by your social circle.

30 minutes ago, Saucer said:

"Forced"? Unless you're physically threatened to censor yourself, censorship isn't an issue? Economic and social penalties aren't an issue? Then why did you admit that if an obnoxious attention whore asked you'd to call them by some corny sci-fi pronouns, you'd obey them? You seem to be that afraid to be shunned by your social circle.

If it isnt forced then it isn't censorship. What you are describing sounds a lot like capitalism. If Capcom wasn't directed by anyone specifically to edit these lines then it seems more like a company proactively making a decision they feel would be more likely to be better received. Kind of like how Marvel movies dont have nudity in them. It's not because of the woke left or conservatards and consequently why DC felt they needed to go in the other direction and produce R-rated entertainment. 

Of course this wouldn't be a proper Saucer response if you didn't at a minimum grossly misrepresent what happened to try and make a point. You asked me if someone I knew asked me to use a particular pronoun and I said something like if it didn't inconvenience me, I would. Because ultimately IDGAF and these ridiculous pronouns exist mostly in Gamergater's heads. It was never asked "if a crazed, attention seeking whore who cuts themselves for attention asked me to call them 'alien-egg-spawn' as their preferred identity." or something crazy like that. 

I have a lot of friends who go by "they/them" and in reality how often does anyone actually refer to people by their pronouns in normal conversation? Even when I slip, no one loses their shit. Most time they dont even bother to correct someone, or do so nicely. I am not so up-my-own-ass, or at the minimum so fucking petty that this is something I find offensive or worth complaining about. I'm an atheist, however I respect people's religions which are even less "real" than alt-genders by your type's logic. I still dont shit on God, or people's religion to them just because I dont believe in it. 

I'll give you credit for fooling me for this long. I used to think you were one of the smarter members here who just made contrarian remarks to fuel your debate fetish, but all you ever do is make strawman remarks that either greatly exaggerate or flat out lie about someone, then argue against it. You're pretty much just debating yourself cosplaying as the person you're trying to debunk at this point. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible

Jesus, you're writing Jerry-length posts now? Okay.

16 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

If it isnt forced then it isn't censorship.

Uh-huh.

Here's the ACLU, the most widely respected leftist authority on civil liberties:

"Censorship, the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive," happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal political or moral values on others. Censorship can be carried out by the government as well as private pressure groups.

[...] 

Private pressure groups, not the government, promulgated and enforced the infamous Hollywood blacklists during the McCarthy period."

And Wiki for the complete morons:

"Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient".[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

Governments and private organizations may engage in censorship. Other groups or institutions may propose and petition for censorship. When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of his or her own works or speech, it is referred to as self-censorship. "

Your own side disagrees with you.

16 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

It was never asked "if a crazed, attention seeking whore who cuts themselves for attention asked me to call them 'alien-egg-spawn' as their preferred identity." or something crazy like that. 

I asked you repeatedly if you'd use corny sci-fi pronouns.

Saucer: Again, if someone requested you use corny sci-fi pronouns, would you now use them now? Have you caved?

To your credit you finally answered the question later in the day after I left the thread. 

Remy: I wouldn't use xe, but I also wouldn't handle the situation where I actively complain or needlessly offend someone. I would just not address their pronouns or say "they". Like how often does someone use another person's pronouns in a normal day anyway? It's the dumbest thing to sweat. Even if I did, it would more likely be a point of coming around as opposed to "giving in". Being rigid and immovable isn't really something to be proud of.

And it's an interesting answer. You've caved completely on using the bad grammar of they/them pronouns, however you haven't caved yet on corny sci-fi pronouns, but you're open to caving. Dude, I'd bet money you'd instantly cave to peer pressure if it was a person or group you wanted to fit in with. 

As to how often do people use personal pronouns in a normal day? Constantly. 

"John called, he wants to meet up to talk about a project."

"I'm pretty sure Biden's turned into a cabbage.  Did you see the way he wandered around the podium today?"

It's bizarre that you don't realize this, Jerry.

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

Uh-huh.

Here's the ACLU, the most widely respected leftist authority on civil liberties:

"Censorship, the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive," happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal political or moral values on others. Censorship can be carried out by the government as well as private pressure groups.

[...] 

Private pressure groups, not the government, promulgated and enforced the infamous Hollywood blacklists during the McCarthy period."

"Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information. This may be done on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient".[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

Governments and private organizations may engage in censorship. Other groups or institutions may propose and petition for censorship. When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of his or her own works or speech, it is referred to as self-censorship. "

I asked you repeatedly if you'd use corny sci-fi pronouns.

To your credit you finally answered the question later in the day after I left the thread. 

And it's an interesting answer. You've caved completely on using the bad grammar of they/them pronouns, however you haven't caved yet on corny sci-fi pronouns, but you're open to caving. Dude, I'd bet money you'd instantly cave to peer pressure if it was a person or group you wanted to fit in with. 

As to how often do people use personal pronouns in a normal day? Constantly. 

"John called, he wants to meet up to talk about a project."

"I'm pretty sure Biden's turned into a cabbage.  Did you see the way he wandered around the podium today?"

It's bizarre that you don't realize this, Jerry.

Ok, so who applied this pressure? 

Damn the entire squad is coming out to defend “their guy”, totally not political :grimaceleft: also they changed more than just “two lines”, lying to downplay and gaslight the other side is some resetera level shit.

2 hours ago, Saucer said:

Uh-huh.

[...] 

You switch over to Wikipedia............because the ACLU specifically does not include this line.

When an individual such as an author or other creator engages in censorship of his or her own works or speech, it is referred to as self-censorship. "

The Wikipedia article copies the initial part of the ACLU article, and then somebody added that on their own.

https://www.aclu.org/other/what-censorship

And you tried to insinuate that the ACLU said that.

You got fucking busted, bitch.

Since "sides" keeps coming up on this forum. I'll like to point out that there's a group of guys who keep whining about political shit all the time, and it's not the soyboi safespacers. We keep hearing about leftist snowflakes constantly whining about pointless shit yet it's one "group" that's always whining in here about anything they gleam political. You know, the guys who defended that guy who killed his GF, Defended those white guys who killed the black jogger, who whined about Swastikas being optional in a Call Of Duty game, complained about Covid being mentioned once during an entire season of a TV show, who claim not to be rightwingers yet every link they post are from sites that lean as right as possible. These same group of guys are usually proven wrong nearly all of the time as well. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Since "sides" keeps coming up on this forum. I'll like to point out that there's a group of guys who keep whining about political shit all the time, and it's not the soyboi safespacers. We keep hearing about leftist snowflakes constantly whining about pointless shit yet it's one "group" that's always whining in here about anything they gleam political. You know, the guys who defended that guy who killed his GF, Defended those white guys who killed the black jogger, who whined about Swastikas being optional in a Call Of Duty game, complained about Covid being mentioned once during an entire season of a TV show, who claim not to be rightwingers yet every link they post are from sites that lean as right as possible. These same group of guys are usually proven wrong nearly all of the time as well. 

complain about the casting of a bi-sexual on a show on the CW.

The CW.

I'll repeat that one more time, on the fuckin' C............W!!!

I will repeat this again: the 2010 decade will be known as the one in which suburban white males on the internet became the BIGGEST COMPLAINERS in the world.

More than feminists.

More than LGBTQ-rights people.

More than any other group. They decided that to combat all those other groups, they were clearly going to start whining more, as if hoping to "drown them out."

White males on the internet became the biggest whiners in the world.

Edited by jehurey
16 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The CW.

I will repeat this again: the 2010 decade will be known as the one in which suburban white males on the internet became the BIGGEST COMPLAINERS in the world.

More than feminists.

More than any other group. They decided that to combat all those other groups, they were clearly going to start whining more, as if hoping to "drown them out."

I was banned last year for mentioning "white aggrievement" but it's very real and comes up in here on nearly a daily basis. I completely forgot about DynoCuck's complaining about Jews. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

What guy?

I wish you and your crew would stop playing dumb. You always ask these kind of questions feigning innocence, everytime we get censorship it’s “what censorship? 😕 who is being censored? 🥺 nobody is being censored here 😇”. You’re either disingenuous or blind but either way means we will never get anywhere debating any of this, the fact that you, gouk and jerry are all chiming in on this all on the same side is proof enough this is a politically motivated argument 

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

I wish you and your crew would stop playing dumb. You always ask these kind of questions feigning innocence, everytime we get censorship it’s “what censorship? 😕 who is being censored? 🥺 nobody is being censored here 😇”. You’re either disingenuous or blind but either way means we will never get anywhere debating any of this, the fact that you, gouk and jerry are all chiming in on this all on the same side is proof enough this is a politically motivated argument 

You're having a hard time answering a simple question. What guy? 

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

The CW.

More than feminists.

And now we circle back to generalising an entire group of people, more proof this is fuelled by the hatred your side claims it wants to prevent.

@Twinblade

@-GD-X

Might as well shut this down Jerry and co made it political again. I’m sure goukosan will only end up reporting it anyway when he starts hearing things he doesn’t like as usual

2 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

And now we circle back to generalising an entire group of people

10 years ago.........this sentence would be coming from some super-left leaning person.

Now look at who are the ones who do this type of whining the most.

Now look who is running and crying to the mods for help.

Edited by jehurey