How are you?

Just getting over covid actually. Had cold/flu like symptoms for 3 days and lost my sense of smell and taste for like half a week. That was probably the most bizarre sensation of eating with experiencing no flavor whatsoever.  But, I’m fine and am going back to work officially on Friday.

Got a promotion and getting a 20% raise in less than a year in my current position. So good news there. 

Other than that holiday season is soon upon us again and already starting to shop for the kids since I hear supply chain issues may cause huge shortages and lack of inventory for Christmas. 

So in general, just normal life shit. :meh:

• Sad 1

Doing fine.

Somwhat. My brother just got barried, aswell as my cousin. My youngest brother had a kid this year, and my sister is busy at her job managing a lab. I remember taking them to school in the morning, now we're all mvoed out. So much other shit changed, and not all for the better. Lost my uncle to covid on January, and lost my grandmother to pancreatic cancer a few months later. To add insult to injury, our German Sheapord died over a month ago after her spleen hemeredged from a tumor we had no idea she had.

Hitting the gym and going for late walks. Trying to stay sane.

Lost contact with this girl, no idea what happened. Ghosted? I don't know and I'm hesitant to text. But good thing there is another. And she's a DJ. :datass:

My new career has become kind of dull since they changed management. When I started they had me making VR games on unity, and messing with all kinds of tech for this autoparts company. The game was not really a game, but a training application for fixing cars. It was in VR. It's what motivated me to get my own set. 

Now they have me doing some 3D renders. But my work has been dumbed down for simplicity sake. It's alot more corperate feeling than it wa before. Early on it felt like I was working at valve software or something. Working from home I know it sounds like I'm complaining alot, but damn the job felt so awesome when I started. My position felt alot more specialized. Oh well, it's not my last stop. I wanna do other things.

17 hours ago, Ike said:

Just getting over covid actually. Had cold/flu like symptoms for 3 days and lost my sense of smell and taste for like half a week. That was probably the most bizarre sensation of eating with experiencing no flavor whatsoever.  But, I’m fine and am going back to work officially on Friday.

Got a promotion and getting a 20% raise in less than a year in my current position. So good news there. 

Other than that holiday season is soon upon us again and already starting to shop for the kids since I hear supply chain issues may cause huge shortages and lack of inventory for Christmas. 

So in general, just normal life shit. :meh:

Shoulda got vaccinated