Resident Evil 4 VR Gamespot - AAA “best on Oculus”

• Delita changed the title to Resident Evil 4 VR Gamespot - AAA “best on Oculus”

Looked at some reviews and gameplay footage. It doesn't look that great to me.

The QTE during combat like kicking enemies happens on a 2D screen which totally break immersion. The game is unbalanced, it's way easier than the original now that you can quickly teleport and move yourself out of the way, not to mention far easier to aim than with regular controls. 

It looks somewhat messy, hardly a perfect transition into VR. I mean I'd still play this but I seriously doubt it's as good as something that was made entirely for VR such as TWD Saints and Sinners. Best VR game my ass.

36 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The QTE during combat like kicking enemies happens on a 2D screen which totally break immersion. The game is unbalanced, it's way easier than the original now that you can quickly teleport and move yourself out of the way, not to mention far easier to aim than with regular controls. 

It looks somewhat messy, hardly a perfect transition into VR. I mean I'd still play this but I seriously doubt it's as good as something that was made entirely for VR such as TWD Saints and Sinners. Best VR game my ass.

i agree that its easier, and they should absolutely have modified the game to almost L4D levels of throwing enemies at you in high numbers.

I still don't understand how they are handling traversal.

I posted a gif in another thread, and its the game player who makes the traversal look natural as he was running up the stairs and going out the window.

Also, any direct footage coming from the Oculus, the animation looks choppy. But whoever made that gif created very silky smooth movement and blurring effects that really helps.

The textures are still too low-res.

Really do hope someone can take the RE4 HD Project and modify that for VR, or take the textures from the HD project and put them in this VR version.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

lol so what if it's easier? it's a fucking VR game,  get over yourself nerd. 

18 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lol so what if it's easier? it's a fucking VR game,  get over yourself nerd. 

:| Nothing you just said makes any sense. Because RE4 is now a VR game it's okay for it's difficulty to pose no challenge anymore?

It wasn't made to be easier intentionally, it's just a result of being able to teleport around and aim with your hand with no recoil/sway. Typical VR gameplay conventions.

You get over yourself. This has nothing to do with the censoring, it's a gameplay related issue.

Not like you ever spent enough time in a VR game to add anything interesting to the discussion. Sit your ass down, clown.

19 hours ago, jehurey said:

i agree that its easier, and they should absolutely have modified the game to almost L4D levels of throwing enemies at you in high numbers.

I still don't understand how they are handling traversal.

I posted a gif in another thread, and its the game player who makes the traversal look natural as he was running up the stairs and going out the window.

Also, any direct footage coming from the Oculus, the animation looks choppy. But whoever made that gif created very silky smooth movement and blurring effects that really helps.

The textures are still too low-res.

Really do hope someone can take the RE4 HD Project and modify that for VR, or take the textures from the HD project and put them in this VR version.

You can walk around normally, teleporting is optional. I'm just surprised it's there at all, I don't remember teleporting in RE7.

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

:| Nothing you just said makes any sense. Because RE4 is now a VR game it's okay for it's difficulty to pose no challenge anymore?

It wasn't made to be easier intentionally, it's just a result of being able to teleport around and aim with your hand with no recoil/sway. Typical VR gameplay conventions.

You get over yourself. This has nothing to do with the censoring, it's a gameplay related issue.

Not like you ever spent enough time in a VR game to add anything interesting to the discussion. Sit your ass down, clown.

VR gaming is stupid. However as a platform, you have advantages and disadvantages that you have to cater to or mitigate.  It's actually very impressive that the game isn't total and complete shit. I dont give a shit about RE as a series, or VR gaming as a platform but I can appreciate they seemingly did a pretty good job converting a 15 year old built for traditional gaming to VR. 

You're legit complaining about something that you dont even have to do

actually i would play this just because VR but man the kicking animation ruins the atmosphere, why in hell do they make it a 3rd person cutscene thing

just kd RE4 is TRASH :mj: 

Edited by kaz
2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

VR gaming is stupid. However as a platform, you have advantages and disadvantages that you have to cater to or mitigate.  It's actually very impressive that the game isn't total and complete shit. I dont give a shit about RE as a series, or VR gaming as a platform but I can appreciate they seemingly did a pretty good job converting a 15 year old built for traditional gaming to VR. 

You're legit complaining about something that you dont even have to do

It ended up better than I expected, that's for sure. Still, my issue is how some people seems to think THAT's the greatest VR game there is, no question asked. I know the VR market doesn't have that much competition but it's not that bad either.

Even without teleport, it's still a piece of cake from what I can see, the gameplay wasn't made for this and it's obvious. They have been better transition of normal games into VR, but then again, it's far easier to port, let's say a modern racing game than a third person action game from 2004.