Star Ocean: The Divine Force, developed by Tri-Ace, announced for PS4/PS5, Xbox One, Series X and PC (2022)

4 minutes ago, B C said:

glad to see the franchise back but damnit if 4 and 5 weren't two of the worst JRPGs i've ever played

So fucking true. They will never top Star Ocean 2 anyway.

This new one looks different but I'm not expecting much.

star ocean 4 was truly one of the worst jrpgs  i've ever played and I was excited when it released on ps3. remember that altenate universe in the desert part with the nuclear bomb and the main guy crying about destroying everything :D  what a load of crap. and oh the big twist of the one guy being the villain :D  

god have mercy on twinb's soul for liking that game

like ramzi said star ocean 2 was good and I also liked the first one for snes

:happysad: 

Spoiler

vesperia was bad too, I even lend my roommates 360 to play through it but stopped at some point, only good thing was repede that wolf dog and some of the ost :aitch:   

xbox :mj: 

Edited by kaz
10 hours ago, kaz said:

star ocean 4 was truly one of the worst jrpgs  i've ever played and I was excited when it released on ps3. remember that altenate universe in the desert part with the nuclear bomb and the main guy crying about destroying everything :D  what a load of crap. and oh the big twist of the one guy being the villain :D  

god have mercy on twinb's soul for liking that game

like ramzi said star ocean 2 was good and I also liked the first one for snes

:happysad: 

Reveal hidden contents

vesperia was bad too, I even lend my roommates 360 to play through it but stopped at some point, only good thing was repede that wolf dog and some of the ost :aitch:   

xbox :mj: 

The first game played like old-school 2D Tales of games. I only played a few hours on emulator. Tri-Ace was made up by ex Namco employees who worked on Tales.

The SO1 port for PSP/PS4 is awesome. It pretty much remakes the entire game to be just like SO2. I mean, it looks exactly the same and play the same.

It's not as epic as it's sequel as it's way shorter and less ambitious but it's pretty damn good and the best way to replay that classic, imo.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Ramza said:

The first game played like old-school 2D Tales of games. I only played a few hours on emulator. Tri-Ace was made up by ex Namco employees who worked on Tales.

The SO1 port for PSP/PS4 is awesome. It pretty much remakes the entire game to be just like SO2. I mean, it looks exactly the same and play the same.

It's not as epic as it's sequel as it's way shorter and less ambitious but it's pretty damn good and the best way to replay that classic, imo.

I looked up the other versions of SO1, I had no idea they remade this game :D 

I can still play the original snes if I wanted to but a proper remake is very welcome. looks awesome. thanks

• Upvote 1