production of alec baldwin murder flick will not continue, movie is cancelled

you can make the legal argument that an actor should not open up a gun to inspect, or else he could tamper with the gun, and the armorer or prop-master could say that they're not ultimately responsible.

the assistant director shouldn't have been the one to give him the gun, that's not really their job, unless they took that as a second job.

also, there is a practice in which people are not supposed to be within the line of the prop gun being fired, so they would have to setup the camera to record, and the director and cinematographer would be standing out of the way. But I think the Dir and Cin. have to decide on that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This family is the worst, talk about being tasteless & tone deaf. A woman is dead and they're flaunting their Halloween celebration on social media  

He could have had his own family moment away from any cameras, but putting everything on social media including his fake smile while the family of the lady he shot is still grieving is absolutely inse

Can’t even finish the movie, so they died for nothing.

13 hours ago, -GD-X said:

I don’t know why so many people want Alec Baldwin to go to jail over this. It’s as if the actor hurt their feelings. 

It's pretty simple, he played a character in SNL and it hurt their feelings :trump2:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

This family is the worst, talk about being tasteless & tone deaf. A woman is dead and they're flaunting their Halloween celebration on social media

49887489-10151457-Alec_Baldwin_and_his_w

i didn't know that Alec baldwin was supposed to be making his children mourn for somebody they probably never even met.

you really are trying too hard

18 hours ago, jehurey said:

No he doesn't.

Now you're going to pretend to be a lawyer? You? LOL!

MSN:

But could the actor, who was also a producer on the film, face criminal charges for the death? Legal experts say the star faces some risks — perhaps more as a producer than as the performer who discharged the fatal shot.]

[...]

“Liability certainly points to Rust Movie Productions and the prop manager,” Custodio said. “As the actor, Alec Baldwin has little liability because you’re given something and you’re trusting the prop manager to have checked everything out. Baldwin the producer may bear more responsibility, depending on if he is just an investor or has a more active role in the making of the film, which I suspect he does.”

Experts also suggested that the film company and prop manager could face criminal charges. “It’s also clear that somebody failed her in the most basic way — to check whether a gun was safe — and may be criminally negligent,” Custodio said. “It’s likely they’ll go after Baldwin the actor, Baldwin the producer, the film company and the prop manager. And remember, director Joel Souza also was injured, and many others on set also are traumatized and affected by this.”

On Friday, the production team responded to reports that a half-dozen crew members walked off the set hours before the accident to protest safety and other working conditions on the production: “Though we were not made aware of any official complaints concerning weapon or prop safety on set, we will be conducting an internal review of our procedures while production is shut down. We will continue to cooperate with the Santa Fe authorities in their investigation.”

There is a precedent for prosecuting filmmakers for negligence. In 2015, “Midnight Rider” director Randall Miller and executive producer Jay Sedrish pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter after camera assistant Sarah Jones was killed on a railroad trestle on the first day of the shoot. Miller served one year in jail for the incident, and the production was cited by OSHA for “serious” and “willful” safety violations.

He told the press he's eager to find out the results of the police investigation. Your boy's clearly sweating. Not just about being charged, but getting sued into oblivion and the damage to his career and reputation.

Hollywood leftist privilege, our lousy Alec has killed someone but we'll come out of this stronger, it's all about US! ME ME ME ME! 

What a trying learning experience for US!!! ME ME ME ME

RULE OF LAW DOES NOT APPLY TO THE RICH AND FAMOUS! He can't possibly be guilty so it's back to our lives as usual! Whew, what a tough week that was!

Absolute filth

lol i gotta say...there's nothing wrong with his family dong holiday shit, but fuck...he needs to shut the fuck up in interviews and, at least, not post this kind of stuff (do it on the dl). his lawyer and pr peep person should be fired lol.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Saucer said:

Now you're going to pretend to be a lawyer? You? LOL!

MSN:

He told the press he's eager to find out the results of the police investigation. Your boy's clearly sweating. Not just about being charged, but getting sued into oblivion and the damage to his career and reputation.

Yes, because rich people never get away with lapsed safety standards at work sites. 

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

i didn't know that Alec baldwin was supposed to be making his children mourn for somebody they probably never even met.

you really are trying too hard

He could have had his own family moment away from any cameras, but putting everything on social media including his fake smile while the family of the lady he shot is still grieving is absolutely insensitive and disrespectful.

• Upvote 2
28 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

He could have had his own family moment away from any cameras, but putting everything on social media including his fake smile while the family of the lady he shot is still grieving is absolutely insensitive and disrespectful.

agreed

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Lmfao nigga stop. Your daddy never once showed a moment of class or regrets while you were lickkng his boots for two years and nearly drinking bleach because of it. 

This is what you guys would call "virtue signaling" with all this performative outrage. Baldwin being a self important asshole isn't what you guys are upset about. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lmfao nigga stop. Your daddy never once showed a moment of class or regrets while you were lickkng his boots for two years and nearly drinking bleach because of it. 

:fistshake:Stop ridiculing Alec Baldwin! :fistshake:

:D

I hope this investigation is over soon.

The halloween pictures might be insensitive to some but I don't think they really are. I think some people have to realize that it was an accident and not a cold blooded murder lol.

The guy is clearly in distress over the whole thing too. Killing a person, even if accidental, can fuck you up good. We all know it too well on a gaming forum of all things :ben: 

Edited by kaz