Battlefield 2077 |OT|

I can't believe they let NVIDIA release a trailer with footage that dips into the late teens/low 20s. That really doesn't instill much confidence in how optimized the PC version is :lul: Im still looking forward to it but damn, the marketing has been a mess and just highlights how unfinished the game currently is. Can't wait to beta test it for a 2nd time on the 12th.... :Jeff:

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

wait a minute, the only ray-tracing is ambient occlusion?

man, what a shitty under-cooked game.

To be fair the ice map is the best looking environment in a multiplayer game this year. I doubt theres a PC out there that could run it with full ray tracing.

On 2021-11-01 at 6:43 PM, Twinblade said:

I can't believe they let NVIDIA release a trailer with footage that dips into the late teens/low 20s. That really doesn't instill much confidence in how optimized the PC version is :lul: Im still looking forward to it but damn, the marketing has been a mess and just highlights how unfinished the game currently is. Can't wait to beta test it for a 2nd time on the 12th.... :Jeff:

Bruh this game needs to be delayed

I played the beta on Series X and it was painful. As a Battlefield fan that wasn't even in alpha, that was some early build borderline unplayable shit. Glitch city, terrible framerates, graphics worse than last gen battlefield somehow 

This game needs at least another full year in development 

Edited by Vini

hmm, yea that's cool but a lot of custom servers sucked in battlefield. people love their instant vehicle respawn which i always thought ruins the balance. 

but creating your own servers, with set rules and map areas is kinda cool. El alamein looks cool and i missed arica harbour, probably my favourite rush map ever 

59 minutes ago, kaz said:

hmm, yea that's cool but a lot of custom servers sucked in battlefield. people love their instant vehicle respawn which i always thought ruins the balance. 

but creating your own servers, with set rules and map areas is kinda cool. El alamein looks cool and i missed arica harbour, probably my favourite rush map ever 

I hope you can make weird shit like ATV races around maps where the passengers can only use stuff like pistols or C4. I think those kinds of modes could be a lot of fun.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I hope you can make weird shit like ATV races around maps where the passengers can only use stuff like pistols or C4. I think those kinds of modes could be a lot of fun.

yea,  I agree. sounds like they really giving full control to the server admins which is amazing. I can see a lot of fun games like that. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

DICE has been redeemed. Portal looks amazing :whew:

This is what I was hoping to see. Seems they are giving full control to server admins. This should make for a lot of fun for the community. Some of my best Battlefield experiences were on private servers in previous BF games.

This trailer made me go from a wait and see to almost a day one buy. I’ll see what the early adopters that get the game a week early say, if it’s all good I’ll be picking it up on day one for Portal mode alone.

• Like 1

Gotta give a shout out to DICE's particles/FX team. By SP standards the explosions would look fantastic, but the fact that they're this high quality in a massive multiplayer game is pretty amazing. I can't wait to see what they can pull off once they finally drop last gen consoles altogether

FDSanH6WYAEC9Dk?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Twinblade★ changed the title to Battlefield 2077 |OT|