SMTV reviews pouring in - 86 at MC so far

On 2021-11-05 at 6:59 PM, Ramza said:

Wow, you guys are putting way too much importance in Metacritic when you care about a %1 difference.

It was 87 a few hours ago but now it's at 85........ Will Ferrell Crying GIF

lol is this guy getting angry of a metacritic score moving a point.............again?

Yeah, Forza Horizon 5 dropped down to 91, deal with it.

SMT5 moved up to 87, deal with that, as well.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

87 now

He's a pathological liar.  He's so bad at everything that lying has become his main strategy. 

85 now

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

lol is this guy getting angry of a metacritic score moving a point.............again?

Yeah, Forza Horizon 5 dropped down to 91, deal with it.

SMT5 moved up to 87, deal with that, as well.

I'm the one putting importance into the score now? That's some nice self projection you're doing it there. 

Make sure to repeat them one more time and keep me updated every time they loses or win %1, please.

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'm the one putting importance into the score now? That's some nice self projection you're doing it there. 

Make sure to repeat them one more time and keep me updated every time they loses or win %1, please.

He's trying to play it cool now, that he's been busted twice.

25 minutes ago, Ramza said:

He's a pathological liar.  He's so bad at everything that lying has become his main strategy. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Saucer said:

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Typical leftist strategy.

Proceed to repeat yourself ad nauseam until no one cares and then you've won!

These two butthurt bastards have managed to bring politics into talking about metacritic scores.

Its so funny how Saucer is an absolute shell of a man at this point, that he's now posting like Jonb's final days.

And when he can't provide a counter-argument, or prove me wrong.......he proceeds to declare it to be "lying." When in fact, he's projecting. Quite glaringly.

On 2021-11-05 at 7:59 PM, Ramza said:

Wow, you guys are putting way too much importance in Metacritic when you care about a %1 difference.

It was 87 a few hours ago but now it's at 85........ Will Ferrell Crying GIF

That was one post by one person. 

Over react much :drake:

• 1 month later...

Game is pretty great. Been blasting through it over the last few days and I’ve managed to avoid wimping out and dropping the difficulty to easy. It’s hard and unforgiving but manageable as long as you make the most out of the game’s systems. You also have to make it a habit to save constantly. A normal enemy encounter can go downhill in an instant and before you know it you’re starting at the main menu screen. I pretty much spend a lot of time sprinting back and forth between save points every time I do something as trivial as open a chest or win a battle where someone levels up :D 

It also has surprisingly wide open environments that encourage exploration, much more so than SMT4. Combat and dungeon crawling is the bread and butter of the game but it does break things up a bit. 

The anime story is entertaining enough even if it’s nothing to write home about. The beginning of the game was actually the part of it most devoid of story, there’s a period of 8-10 hours where almost nothing happens. The pacing since then has been much better thankfully.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Game is pretty great. Been blasting through it over the last few days and I’ve managed to avoid wimping out and dropping the difficulty to easy. It’s hard and unforgiving but manageable as long as you make the most out of the game’s systems. You also have to make it a habit to save constantly. A normal enemy encounter can go downhill in an instant and before you know it you’re starting at the main menu screen. I pretty much spend a lot of time sprinting back and forth between save points every time I do something as trivial as open a chest or win a battle where someone levels up :D 

It also has surprisingly wide open environments that encourage exploration, much more so than SMT4. Combat and dungeon crawling is the bread and butter of the game but it does break things up a bit. 

The anime story is entertaining enough even if it’s nothing to write home about. The beginning of the game was actually the part of it most devoid of story, there’s a period of 8-10 hours where almost nothing happens. The pacing since then has been much better thankfully.

Which dungeon are you up to? The game seems like it’s fucking long. I’m about 50 hrs in and I think I’m half way or a little more than that. 

3 minutes ago, Delita said:

Which dungeon are you up to? The game seems like it’s fucking long. I’m about 50 hrs in and I think I’m half way or a little more than that. 

Spoiler

Im around 20 hours in and am currently in the fairy village. There should be 4 main dungeons right? Going by the mImam count, theres 200 total and the first area had 50, I assume its the same for the rest of the dungeons.

On 2021-11-04 at 6:51 PM, Twinblade said:

I feel like 4 had a good amount of story and interesting characters. This one is definitely a step backwards if its not on that same level. I just find it hard to devote so much time to RPGs nowadays if they don't have anything to offer outside of battles and dungeon crawling, even if those aspects themselves are strong.

If I get it it'll probably be sometime next year during a period where theres not much coming out.

7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Game is pretty great. 

Apparently there is an Atlus sale on the 3DS eShop, that has not happened in many years.

If any of these games are absolute must-haves for the 3DS, let me know.

$7.99
Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight
Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Stella Glow

$8.99
7th Dragon III Code: VFD
Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse

$9.99
Etrian Odyssey Nexus
Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth
Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

11 hours ago, Saucer said:

:down: 

Im not sure how Dili is playing but the implication is that it would take him ~100 hours to finish the game, which doesn't line up at all with my experience. I just finished the second of the game's 4 total dungeons just under 26 hours, and thats having completed most of the side quests + fully exploring the environments. At this rate I would expect to finish the game in the 50-60 hour mark and thats with doing most of the optional stuff.