Songs removed from GTA Trilogy

Let's hope not.

Because its definitely likely that alot of those music artists, especially "Africa" by Toto, would have increased their music licensing fees. And that's a pretty understandable reason why they're charging $40 for it.

Back then, music companies didn't know how big this video game franchise really was, so they may have been able to afford alot of 80's tracks.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Let's hope not.

Because its definitely likely that alot of those music artists, especially "Africa" by Toto, would have increased their music licensing fees. And that's a pretty understandable reason why they're charging $40 for it.

Back then, music companies didn't know how big this video game franchise really was, so they may have been able to afford alot of 80's tracks.

Its literally one of the most profitable franchises in history

They can stump.up the cash

I don't understand how rockstar was able to release GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories all in the span of 5 years. And now it takes 10 years to make 1 game. 

21 hours ago, Voidler said:

Its literally one of the most profitable franchises in history

They can stump.up the cash

There are a number of reasons for something like this. Spotify removes music all of the time, although money is probably the bigger issue as they still have Hall & Oats music currently in GTAO. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
6 hours ago, Cooke said:

I don't understand how rockstar was able to release GTA 3, Vice City, San Andreas, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories all in the span of 5 years. And now it takes 10 years to make 1 game. 

neogaf has a thread about how they made GTA3, I think they stole an article from a french gaming website.

its a great read about how they quickly made GTA3 within a short time frame.

The thing is that those games never particularly looked good, and alot of the crowd physics were already being developed at the time with their other game at the time, State of Emergency.

Believe it or not, they thought State of Emergency was going to be their main game, but after E3, they shifted over to trying to finish up GTA3.

21 hours ago, jehurey said:

neogaf has a thread about how they made GTA3, I think they stole an article from a french gaming website.

its a great read about how they quickly made GTA3 within a short time frame.

The thing is that those games never particularly looked good, and alot of the crowd physics were already being developed at the time with their other game at the time, State of Emergency.

Believe it or not, they thought State of Emergency was going to be their main game, but after E3, they shifted over to trying to finish up GTA3.

It's pretty simple, they have GTA online now. In the ps2 era, you had to make a whole new game to capitalize on a successful title.

In the HDD era, strarting with IV,they would release expansion pack stuff. Now with online they update the game 4 times a year. I'm not saying they shouldn't have released a sequel at this point, but it's been a strong strategy to disregard.