Eight people dead and multiple injured at Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival in Houston

What the actual fuck? 

Houston police confirm at least eight people have been killed and multiple injured at Astroworld festival in Houston, a sold-out event run by rapper Travis Scott. At least 23 have been transported to the hospital and over 300 were treated throughout the day.

Several firefighters are called to Travis Scott’s AstroWorld Festival after many reports of people in the audience suffering from Cardiac Arrest.

Video footage on the scene shows medics helping several unconscious individuals.

music festivals suck.

music festivals in texas, where it can still get to the high 80's on any November or December day, especially suck.

and its mostly the fault of the festival organizers, because they're usually cheapasses who cut corners, oversell tickets, provide very little water, force people to pour out their water at the front door, and then they don't have enough supplies to hydrate everybody inside.

but i also blame the music artist a little, because they're trying to go for a bigger paycheck playing to a bigger crowd, but they can't fund their own tour, so they play music festivals where they treat people like cattle.

i went to go see Julien Baker last Thursday at a small theater, and it wasn't even in downtown it was closer to the outer skirts of the city, it was standing-room only but they only had like slightly under a thousand people there, we had enough space that no elbows touched. It was very pleasant, and the perfect way to get back to crowds.

Concert ended, I was able to walk out of the venue and get to my car in under 5 minutes, I was able to get out of the parking lot and drive myself out of that area within another 5 minutes. Fucking excellent

i was tempted to go back there this Monday to watch The Hives, but I didn't feel like doing anything Monday evening.