"I Quit The Game Immediately": Trans Players Respond To Forza Horizon 5's Deadnaming

I thought it was surprising but cool at the same time. The fact that this is offending people and getting them to stop playing the game is insane to me

"I was pretty shocked," one player, who asked to remain anonymous, told me. "I enjoyed the intro sequence and was having a lot of fun, but hearing the announcer call out my deadname completely blindsided me. I quit the game immediately and was close to just refunding it on Steam.

"I really wanted to play with my friends, so I cooled down a bit and spent an hour trying to figure out how to reset my save to remove any chance of it deadnaming me again. I just wanted to reset my save so my deadname wasn't on it. I changed my name in my Microsoft account to something it couldn't voice and tried playing the game again as normal after resetting my save."

Like...seriously?

This is the problem with caving in to the woke crowd, you can't please them. No matter all the precautions you take, it's never enough and their demands are constantly evolving/changing.

This always happens, they’re never satisfied no matter how much you try to please them. Hopefully the retards at playground games who pushed this shit blow their brains out after all the emotional trauma they caused

Also lol at an xbox game scraping your personal info from your microsoft account. Microsoft is a privacy nightmare.

21 minutes ago, DynamiteCop said:

What? My game had me choose a name just like the previousone did... Either way no one cares.

Of course, DynaFlop has a magic copy of the game that has no problems.

Swallow anthrax fgt

Not entirely unrelated but did you guys also hear about the 'controversy' surrounding CoD Vanguard? Some pages of the Quran were strewn along the floor in one of their dilapidated zombie maps, and people got offended by it enough that Activision ended up removing them and even released a statement apologizing. I just don't understand how people can find this type of thing offensive in a video game

• Geese 1
Just now, TLHBO said:

This always happens, they’re never satisfied no matter how much you try to please them. Hopefully the retards at playground games who pushed this shit blow their brains out after all the emotional trauma they caused

Also lol at an xbox game scraping your personal info from your microsoft account. Microsoft is a privacy nightmare.

they mention the name you voluntarily give xbox lol. it's not like they sold your social lol.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I thought it was surprising but cool at the same time. The fact that this is offending people and getting them to stop playing the game is insane to me

Like...seriously?

If this is too traumatic for them then they shouldn't bother living. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

This is the problem with caving in to the woke crowd, you can't please them. No matter all the precautions you take, it's never enough and their demands are constantly evolving/changing.

Yep I've noticed this

You try to do the right thing and they will notice ten wrong things. If you steer clear of the whole thing there will be no controversy

• Upvote 1
Just now, Mr. Impossible said:

Y'all are fixated on trans people. There's like a daily trans bashing thread here as of late. Today there's two for the same game lol. 

They are the most over represented and powerful group in the western world. Everyone just bends the knee. They are changing the way we talk, they are changing definitions of words, making identity be the most important thing about a person. It's pathetic and needs to stop. 

15 minutes ago, Cooke said:

They are the most over represented and powerful group in the western world. Everyone just bends the knee. They are changing the way we talk, they are changing definitions of words, making identity be the most important thing about a person. It's pathetic and needs to stop. 

You used to say simalar shit about people of color in Canada. You're just a selfish fuck twat bigot who wants to be catered to exclusively. It's probably not even just your bigotry as much as your undying need for a attention or something. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

You used to say simalar shit about people of color in Canada. You're just a selfish fuck twat bigot who wants to be catered to exclusively. It's probably not even just your bigotry as much as your undying need for a attention or something. 

No. I want equality. Not equity, not oppression pyramids of superiority. Equality. Colorblindness, no one should get sorecial treatment because of their identity, ever.