Halo MP likely dropping Monday (UP: released)

It seems like it will, they're locked down to the the 8th for campaign given physical games, shipping and all that. It would piss people off if they messed with that. The multiplayer though has no reason to hold back if it's ready, and a 20 year anniversary release would be perfect.

7 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Don't think its a good move tbh, totally takes the limelight away from Forza Horizon 5. Basically just gives it 1 week of it being the main draw and now already shifts attention to Halo. 

Halo & Forza :lul: Halo & forza, halo & Forza

Xflop has come full circle and now it’s in the same boat as it was 10-15 years ago, with Halo & Forza as its only selling points.

What a tired and exhausted brand just let it die already.

• Tears of the Cows changed the title to Halo MP likely dropping Monday (UP: released)
2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Very odd of them to do this. MS and EA have a marketing deal for BF2042, which officially releases on Friday but MS decides to drop Halo MP out of nowhere and basically pit both games against each other? Doesn’t make much sense.

makes perfect sense considering both COD and BF underperformed and MS is striking while the iron is hot to get a foothold on the FPS playerbase.

all 3 games are catastrophic failures though.

warzone/ COD 2019 will remain on top. :laff:

Edited by B C
2 hours ago, B C said:

makes perfect sense considering both COD and BF underperformed and MS is striking while the iron is hot to get a foothold on the FPS playerbase.

all 3 games are catastrophic failures though.

warzone/ COD 2019 will remain on top. :laff:

Infinite is awesome and is getting praised online. WTF you on about

Played a few matches and I don’t get the hype, it feels painfully average. Graphics are not remotely impressive, feels very small scale even in  BTB and doesn’t give me the sense that there’s a war going on, audio is not good and way too quiet (a enemy sprinted right behind me and I couldn’t even hear them). General gameplay is just halo but faster paced to the point where it almost feels like CoD at times.  

Also the leveling system is dumb. You gain no XP regardless of the results of a match, and can only gain some from challenges?

I still hope the campaign will be good but the multiplayer is way overhyped.

i previously said that they are releasing the game on december 8th, because that is the latest they could release the single player and be able to react in the event that there's a massive bug in either the singleplayer or multiplayer.

this was with the assumption that single and multi was being released together as one thing.

They went ahead and start phasing in people to play the multiplayer right now so that they could handle the server load.

they might be another bump in server traffic once the single-player comes out on december 8th.

OR the reason why they are doing this is because they want to give people something now before they announce  at the last minute that the single-player isn't going to make it by the end of this year.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

i previously said that they are releasing the game on december 8th, because that is the latest they could release the single player and be able to react in the event that there's a massive bug in either the singleplayer or multiplayer.

this was with the assumption that single and multi was being released together as one thing.

They went ahead and start phasing in people to play the multiplayer right now so that they could handle the server load.

they might be another bump in server traffic once the single-player comes out on december 8th.

OR the reason why they are doing this is because they want to give people something now before they announce  at the last minute that the single-player isn't going to make it by the end of this year.

You're out of your f****** mind

I've played two and a half hours now and I'm extremely underwhelmed. I don't know what lemmings are seeing here but this ain't it for me.

The gunplay feels slow and sluggish. I'm sure this was done to appease classic Halo fans but for someone like me that moved on from Halo years ago it just feels dated. The guns sound weak and the battles feel very small scale and tiny especially when you compare them to a game like Battlefield. The graphics are also very average and the game feels unoptimized on PC with a lot of weird stuttering. Doesn't look next gen in any way. I can see why Alex at Digital Foundry was shitting on it now because it doesn't look next gen in any way. I've played a lot of shooters even last gen that looked better and ran better. I'll still keep on playing it but once Friday arrives and Battlefield launches I'll be abandoning this shit.