Halo Infinite MP thread. (No cow butthurt allowed)

More like “no criticism allowed” if all people are allowed to say is “this game is awesome” as you put it. We call that a circle jerk.

This lemkid is so shook he needs to create a safe space where people aren’t allowed to say anything bad about Halo :tom: I see now why you like Microsoft since they’re all about that

• Haha 1
  • Geese 1

yep just constant bad news from this game. and to think, they staggered the launch of the broken components (MP, SP) had a whole year + of extra dev time, and are at a 7-year development cycle.

all for a game that looks indistinguishable from halo 5.

this is objectively one of the worst development teams in the industry when taking their size and resources into account.

good lord.

Lems need a safe space for Halo Infinite :sabu:.

Their soft hearts can’t take any criticism of their beloved franchise lol.

After all the hype Halo has released and is still a disappointment. The progression system sucks ass and the gunplay and graphics are dated as fuck. I give it a couple of weeks before a ton of people abandon it. I played it and couldn’t keep my eyes open after a few hours. Felt just like I was playing Halo 3 of 14 years ago but this time with a shitty progression system. 343 don’t know what the fuck they are doing and the franchise needs to be given to someone else. I can’t believe we waited 6 years for this. 

Edited by FIREPOWER
  • Haha 1

Played more last night. Man I really want to like this but I'm not having the best of times. After a couple hours yesterday I decided to just go back to Forza even though I had already basically finished that game. 

Probably played about 5+ hours of Halo now.........I'm Level 2 :biggrin: 

In my 5 hours of play I have used the grapple hook a single time and that was one of the main things advertised.

The TTK is too long which results in so much melee shit which is by far the most efficient way to take health off opponents. Also doesn't help how easily it locks on and the distance you can melee from.

There seems to be no penalty for leaving ranked matches so basically every single ranked match I played had ppl leave. In a 4v4 this instantly ruins the games. 

BTB are already feeling stale to me, after 2 sessions. Halo 5's Warzone mode was way more fun than this and felt much larger scale. Just nothing cool is ever happening, I don't know if it's the maps or the pace of the matches or what. 

So far I'm not a fan. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Played more last night. Man I really want to like this but I'm not having the best of times. After a couple hours yesterday I decided to just go back to Forza even though I had already basically finished that game. 

In my 5 hours of play I have used the grapple hook a single time and that was one of the main things advertised.

The TTK is too long which results in so much melee shit which is by far the most efficient way to take health off opponents. Also doesn't help how easily it locks on and the distance you can melee from.

There seems to be no penalty for leaving ranked matches so basically every single ranked match I played had ppl leave. In a 4v4 this instantly ruins the games. 

BTB are already feeling stale to me, after 2 sessions. Halo 5's Warzone mode was way more fun than this and felt much larger scale. Just nothing cool is ever happening, I don't know if it's the maps or the pace of the matches or what. 

So far I'm not a fan. 

I played for maybe two hours and I’m a level 4 or 5 bro. Just do the challenges. 

I’ve also used the grapple hook multiple times 

16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

So far I'm not a fan. 

I agree with most of your points. Im not sure what it is about BTB, there's more players than in any past Halos but for some reason it feels small and Im not getting the feeling that theres a large battle going on. Its such a far cry from Halo 3 and Reach in that regard.

Also i've played around with most of the weapon pickups and almost none of them actually feel useful? Seriously, I feel more effective just constantly using the starting AR over some of the shit that i've picked up. That goes for the equipment pick ups as well, stuff like the shield , thruster, and radar (or whatever its called) just don't seem useful in most situations.

15 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I played for maybe two hours and I’m a level 4 or 5 bro. Just do the challenges. 

I’ve also used the grapple hook multiple times 

There is literally no way you've played 2 hours and are level 4/5. Even if you did all challenges in every match you played (which is usually impossible too)

3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I agree with most of your points. Im not sure what it is about BTB, there's more players than in any past Halos but for some reason it feels small and Im not getting the feeling that theres a large battle going on. Its such a far cry from Halo 3 and Reach in that regard.

Also i've played around with most of the weapon pickups and almost none of them actually feel useful? Seriously, I feel more effective just constantly using the starting AR over some of the shit that i've picked up. That goes for the equipment pick ups as well, stuff like the shield , thruster, and radar (or whatever its called) just don't seem useful in most situations.

I don't know what it is about BTB either. It just feels stale. Haven't seen any cool vehicle stuff or team play or anything really. 

The pickups for the most part are meh.

58 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There is literally no way you've played 2 hours and are level 4/5. Even if you did all challenges in every match you played (which is usually impossible too)

Maybe I had easy ones? They were mostly the same thing. Ie play ang game and then another one will be get a kill with a needler and then play a game of btb

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Maybe I had easy ones? They were mostly the same thing. Ie play ang game and then another one will be get a kill with a needler and then play a game of btb

Even then though, it takes 1000 pts to level up. Matches are around 15min by the time you get out and in the next one (sometimes more). So say 4 matches an hour. If you somehow get super lucky and get extremely easy challenges that match up perfectly that they can be done in the single match (very rare, I've had things like Play Ranked match, Kill a spartan in a vehicle, etc, stuff not possible in 1 match), you can maybe get max 300 points a match (again, no way this is happening every game). That means at absolute peak progression, you're getting 1 level an hour. But in reality there is going to be plenty matches of just 100/200 pts. 

Now I wasn't going for battle pass progression at all, so just playing naturally (was doing ranked), and my progression was like a level every 1.5-2 hours.

25 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Even then though, it takes 1000 pts to level up. Matches are around 15min by the time you get out and in the next one (sometimes more). So say 4 matches an hour. If you somehow get super lucky and get extremely easy challenges that match up perfectly that they can be done in the single match (very rare, I've had things like Play Ranked match, Kill a spartan in a vehicle, etc, stuff not possible in 1 match), you can maybe get max 300 points a match (again, no way this is happening every game). That means at absolute peak progression, you're getting 1 level an hour. But in reality there is going to be plenty matches of just 100/200 pts. 

Now I wasn't going for battle pass progression at all, so just playing naturally (was doing ranked), and my progression was like a level every 1.5-2 hours.

Idk how to see how much time I’ve played but I’ve played 29 matches. Def haven’t played 8 hours tho. Most matches seem to be around 7-8 mins for me outside of some ctf games

Just now, ghostz said:

Idk how to see how much time I’ve played but I’ve played 29 matches. Def haven’t played 8 hours tho. Most matches seem to be around 7-8 mins for me outside of some ctf games

That's defs a lot more than 2 hours though. You've probably played a similar amount to me (5ish hours)

Ranked matches have a 12min limit. Some finish earlier but some also go OT. BTB usually can last longer. Then obviously some very one sided matches can be quicker.  

28 minutes ago, SegaGod said:

There’s  been people on my friends list that had not logged in for seven or eight years returning to play it.

That’s because there has been nothing else to play on Xbox for 7-8 years :tom:

• dead 2