Halo Infinite MP thread. (No cow butthurt allowed)

59 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So supposedly they just patched the game to 'fix' the progression system by giving you a base 50xp every match. But people crunched the numbers and unless you play at least 18 matches a day you'll actually be earning less XP now than before the update :mj:

8mamk6ckfe081.jpg

WTF is 343 doing :D 

I just saw the 'update" and I just busted out laughing. This game doesn't have a very bright future ahead if this is their idea of "fixing the issues" with progression.

On 2021-11-18 at 12:47 PM, TLHBO said:

That’s because there has been nothing else to play on Xbox for 7-8 years :tom:

The times are changing, and everyone is coming back. I even have it on good authority that you have been playing halo for hours everyday since it came out you closet lemming.

On 2021-11-18 at 7:17 AM, SegaGod said:

The game is amazing. It’s the best MP shooter since gears 4. There’s  been people on my friends list that had not logged in for seven or eight years returning to play it.

The king has returned 😍  

The gameplay is so smooth 

They really got to fix this progression stuff. 

The progression for the even is even worse than regular progression. Have to hope you get a specific challenge relating to the Event, then that challenge takes up a spot instead of being in addition to. 

Then in addition to that, these challenges are making ppl play in stupid ways to just complete challenges, instead of playing to Win. Trying to get kills with specific weapons, or in specific ways. No progression is tied to actually winning matches as there is no difference if you win or lose or how you perform in a match at all. 

The F2P model is really really negatively impacting the game. 

Halo is one of the most modern tenured franchises in the industry while also being a has-been and everyone but Microsoft sees it. 343i has never been good at Halo and to this day never will. The game has lost many directors, producers, etc. whatever you want to call them. The game has been in development hell and it shows. This open world approach has been devastating thus far and it's obvious the team behind the game at this time is also devastating to the franchise. When the game comes out we'll see, but at the end of the day I think most outlets will give this game a pass just because it's "Halo" and nothing more. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by lynux3
1 hour ago, -GD-X said:

I think it looks fine. I’m guessing an 8 for campaign. 

You gotta take off those halo tinted glasses one day. It looks under developed and unappealing by todays standards. We’ll see, I’d love to be wrong.

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

You gotta take off those halo tinted glasses one day. It looks under developed and unappealing by todays standards. We’ll see, I’d love to be wrong.

I’m not a halo fan, though. However, I like what they are doing with the new characters. It looks dated, graphically, but the gameplay looks solid.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/11/24/halo-infinite-might-be-throwing-the-worst-live-event-ive-ever-seen/?sh=60c3f42b6175

What’s the problem? Problems, plural. Let’s see:

You do not progress with XP, but instead you get a level by completing a specific challenge related to the Fiesta event playlist. This is fine, except for the fact that eventually you will almost immediately run out of event challenges, and will have to go back to grinding out regular weekly challenges to even get further event challenges to appear.

Even if you grind through all your weekly challenges, 343 has only put 7 total event challenges in this playlist this week. There are 30 levels to the pass. This means that out of the six weeks that the event is running, you will have to max out those challenges 5 times in order to unlock everything (this week is already shot for me because I’m about to leave my Xbox and PC for Thanksgiving for the rest of the week).

The time gate creates bizarre situations like the fact that you will be unlocking two separate samurai shoulder pads months apart, as you cannot get enough tiers to get the other side until the next time this event shows up in January.

Half the battle pass (literally) is just challenge skips and XP consumables, meaning it only needed to be half as long as it is, and it’s stuffed full of padding.

While you unlock the core at level 5, by the end, you are only unlocking one of the samurai-style sets from the advertising. The other looks are being sold in the microtransaction store, and some of those are timegated, and appears they may not be sold until future events, including the main samurai helmet that has been on dozens and dozens of pieces of marketing for the game and event.

The prices are…absurd, like $15 for a sword on your waistbelt and a collection of emblems. There’s at least $50 of stuff being sold for this “free” event so far, where it will take you five weeks and six months to earn a complete free look based on the slow-moving battle pass. And only one look.

This is legitimately the worst progression system i've ever seen. The battle pass by itself was bad enough but the way they're setting up the live events is just appalling. I think about jumping back into the game all the time but reading stuff like this quickly makes me lose that motivation. This makes Battlefront 2's loot boxes look appealing.

The grinding is understandable. This & Forza are likely the only games Lemmings will have for at least the next 12 months before another Halo & Forza come along, they really need to pad it out to make it last the year.